Open D&D Table - Episode 54: Searching with Nowhere to Run

In Too Deep.

“D&D1 HMU K THX”

“Searching with nowhere to run” - what a great title after beeing stuck in an empty room for 11 days!

Nevertheless, notes mostly for @irx

Episode 53 - Participants: @Violet_Red @S_journ @Chylli @hardvark

Treasure: 5 blue gems A short, metal rod with a flower-like ornanment (and two, inter-twined circle engraving)

XP: 210

Map: I try to make a readable map in the next days, but basically we had covered all the first floor (yes, there are stairs down), except the two locked doors in the blue haze room and the door with the altar room (#7 on @irx -es map)

Monsters: etheral spiders (suspectible only to holy water), red-feathered walking birds (no fight, but we saw them)

Death: none, but very close to it.

Also thanks to @H, it was one of the most challenging, but also memorable sessions!

Wait, you actually got XP? :astonished:

Anyways, thanks for the info. Ignoring the map updates for now, here’s the usual update. Update: now there is a map update

List of maps

List of of sessions

# When Location Encounters / Events XP
41 09.07.23 Talos Keep; The Hill (Monastery + Dungeon) (Cont.) Wolves in keep, Avater of Akira, Fred the faerie, Monastery dungeon 44
42 10.07.23 The Hill (Monastery + Dungeon) Ape monsters, Destroying the forges, The idol room 213
43 19.07.23 The Hill (Dungeon) Centipedes, Wolves, Zombie Hobgoblin 47
44 23.07.23 The Hill (Monastery + Dungeon) Raising an ogre army, Demolishing idols, Killer bees 38
45 26.07.23 The Hill (Dungeon) “Open Sesame”, Aviary 32
46 02.08.23 The Hill (Dungeon) Secret rooms, Destroying the idol 49
47 09.08.23 The Hill (Dungeon) Party with the hobgoblin king, “Finding” dungeon level 2 22
48 15.08.23 The Hill (Dungeon Level 2) (Cont.) Gelatinous cube, Fissure deeper down 32
49 20.08.23 The Hill (Dungeon Level 2 + 3) (Cont.) Owlbear, Lava river, Dragon 273
50 25.08.23 Travelling from the Hill to the keep Nixies, Centaurs, Fred the fairie 0
51 08.09.23 The Keep Inspecting the damages, Talking to castellan 0
52 17.10.23 The Keep Getting expelled from the keep, Investigating the castellans missing assistant 0
53 21.10.23 The Hill (Monastery), Standing stones dungeon Taking over the monastery, discovering the standing stones dungeon 0
54 26.10.23 Standing stones dungeon Etherial spiders, Red feathered walking birds 210
Session # Treasure Best found selling price Current holder(s) Recipient(s) Notes
31 1 shiny gemstone None so far Chylli irx, Chylli, cwebb, PH, alrik, s_journ Magical
33 Dagger 75 GP cwebb irx, Chylli, cwebb, PH, Violet_Red
33 Golden ring/bracelet None so far PH irx, Chylli, cwebb, PH, Violet_Red Magical
33 Necklace (silver, blue stones) [-1 stone) 500 GP irx irx [+25 GP], Chylli [+25 GP], cwebb [+25 GP], PH [+25 GP], Violet_Red [-100 GP]
35 Aris’ ruby ring None so far irx irx, Chylli, cwebb, PH, alrik, s_journ, hardvark, Violet_Red, Gandohar (+2 buddies) Magical; Can reverse petrification
? Jewelled dagger None so far irx ?
42 2 gemstones None so far hardvark irx, Chylli, cwebb, hardvark, Bearberry
46 4 crystal goblets None so far irx irx, Chylli, cwebb, PH, s_journ, hardvark, theSovereign
46 Puzzle box None so far PH irx, Chylli, cwebb, PH, s_journ, hardvark, theSovereign
47 Small statue of idol None so far irx irx, Chylli, cwebb, s_journ, hardvark, theSovereign
47 Silver candelabra None so far cwebb irx, Chylli, cwebb, s_journ, hardvark, theSovereign
48 Jewelled necklace None so far irx irx, Chylli, cwebb, s_journ, hardvark, theSovereign
54 5 blue gems None so far Chylli Chylli, s_journ, hardvark, Violet_Red
54 A short, metal rod with a flower-like ornanment (and two, inter-twined circle engraving) None so far Chylli Chylli, s_journ, hardvark, Violet_Red

Here is a map for you (I hope you can import it):

Thanks @S_journ for the map. In the future I can give you my files, so you don’t have to create everything from scratch.

One question though. What did you try to represent with the big yellow box at the bottom (near #12)?

As for the orange box on the bottom, we know that the room #7 has some kind of test (which might be in a room behind the door), this is why I displayed it as a room.

Alright, thanks. I’ve updated my previous post and integrated your notes into the map.

The gems and metal rod are currently with Kaya.

Thanks for the info. I’ve updated the table.

Any time!

Well, schedule allowing. December’s looking up!