V.A.L.U.E Friday - Tea flings from hell

Hello I just created a character with the help of the the discord server and would like to join a T1 game. @Mexikorn 's table seems great but idk if they still have space since my reply is so late.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum:)

1 Like

@Arthilas … could you DM a T1 game as well? :slight_smile:

I will DM the Death House tomorrow, (high) T1. Be warned though, this is a horror adventure, including body and psychic horror. And it will be challenging for you and your characters.

May I join your table? A horror game sounds fun. I am kind of a new player tho.

Of course you can!

Would you be good with my group of 5 possibly joining you? :'> we have two pretty new people to dnd so I’m not totally sure if it’ll work out so if it won’t I can also try and come up with a session for tomorrow for em all I just wanted to go ahead and ask beforehand though

1 Like

Okay; with 6 players my table would be full then! :headstone:

1 Like

I’d love to join as well. T2 or T3 preferably

I would love to join as a player tonight, if there is a spot left. Tier X =)

1 Like

Sorry for the late message, after all I wont be able to join tonight :confused:

I would gladly have you at my table for the Death House, T1 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gladly, might be 10min delayed though, depending on traffic :scream:

Thanks to everyone who played at my table today. @ImOuttie @Alaadu @jboimler @Burek I couldn’t have wished for a better first time DMing experience.

As for your rewards. On top of the 10 gold you got at the beginning of the session, you receive an additional 80 gold, as well as one magic item from Simon’s vast Collection of Magic Items of your choosing:

bag of holding, +1 shield, +1 weapon, +1 wand of the war mage, +1 all-purpose tool, +1 amulet of the devout, +1 arcane grimoir, +1 bloodwell vial, +1 moon sickle, +1 rod of the pact keeper, +1 rythm-maker drum, +1 dragonhide belt, insignia of claws, or any one common magic item.

And before I forget. For killing the legendary Hobgoblin Leader ‘Grokk the Kicker’ @Alaadu additionally receives the Homebrew Reward:

Boots of the Kicker While wearing these legendary boots you can use your action to kick a creature and knock it prone. No saves against it and no rolls. It always succeeds. (As long as the creature can be made prone)

4 Likes

It was great session, thank you for the adventure :raised_hands:t4:

@Nox @Mori @TheUglyGhostOfEast @IzayasDemons @Taigh @Tiero

Thank you all for playing at my table! It was a pleasure for Count Strahd von Zarovich to watch you struggle in old Durst Manor! At least, all three Durst children can rest peacefully now - Rose, Thorn and even the stillborn Walther, who was sacrificed by the cult…

As for rewards, you get the following:

• 100 GP each from the chest in the attic and from selling some random jewellery you found throughout the manor
  • Spell scrolls of bless and spiritual weapon from the secret room - you need to decide who gets to keep them.
  • Rose’s diary counts as a spellbook you can take, it contains the spells shocking grasp, mage hand and mending.

In addition, everyone can get one of the following magic items:

• A Coiling Grasp Tattoo or an Eldritch Claw Tattoo - these appear as brands of the cult, as remnants of the dreadful magic they dealt with, manifesting as the same tendrils as you saw in the final battle or as the same claws that emerged from the mists and tried to drag you in if you had ever left the house.
  • A Claok of Protection cut from the red ved velvelt curtains in the library, although it appears old, dusty and tattered now…
  • A Circlet of Human Perfection the cultist shackled to the wall was wearing, even though you are not sure due to the state the corpse was in, it could have been the nursemaid in terms of size and stature…

Instead of taking one of the above items, one of you can, as a homebrew story reward for my table only, keep the Helmed Horror’s greatsword, which for now is a Sword of Wounding. When you wield it, you can hear faint echoes of the chant “He is the Ancient, He is the Land” - the sword might be more than it seems, but it also feels… incomplete.

2 Likes

@BufoBufo @cat4laugh @MarkusW @PatrickD @Valzon

thanks for playing The Porphyry House Horror

aside from 300gp, choose ONE of the following:

• A butcher’s bib (rare, attunement) from the thankful butcher lady from the “Oracles & Organs” shop.

• A staff of healing (rare, attunement by bard/cleric/druid), brought back by your fellow cleric’s summoned bebilith, after it had devoured the end-boss.
    extra fluff: this magic staff heals by growing cysts and mutating & twisting the flesh of the subject

• Two doses of reincarnation dust (consumeable), brought back by your fellow druid from the Gaping Maw, the 88th level of the Abyss.
    Should you ever use that on one of my tables or if a fellow DM feels funky :partying_face: , it will use the following table (d12) instead:

1. Mongrelfolk = Custom Lineage
  2. Changeling
  3. Hadozee
  4. Half-Elf
  5. Half-Orc
  6. Locathah
  7. Plasmoid
  8. Shifter
  9. Simic Hybrid
  10. Verdan
  11. Yuan-ti
  12. the DM chooses something “interesting”

Hombrew Story Awards:

:imp: Thrall to Demon: Demogorgon
… for Yarrow (@cat4laugh)

Should you ever die, your soul goes straight to The Gaping Maw, the 88th layer of the Abyss, where you will be reborn as a Maw Demon (NPC).
You can only be revived through a careful worded wish spell.

:smiling_imp: Two Beautiful Minds

You can get the benefit of an Action Surge (as the Fighter feature). This however will deal d8 ability damage to you (50% chance Intelligence, 50% chance Charisma). Should this reduce one of your ability scores to 0, you will die.
You heal the ability damage suffered from this award after a long rest.
note: You only can use one Action Surge per round.

:face_with_spiral_eyes: A Potion of Liquid Pain
… for Willem (@MarkusW)

This magic potion inflicts one level of exhaustion, but protects the drinker like a death ward spell for 8h. As a side effect, the subjects suffers from disadvantage on saving throws resisting demonic possession for the same duration.
Consumers resist all three effects with a successful DC 15 Constituition save, that they can choose to fail.
note: this award is considered a consumeable magic item at my tables

keep in mind that these :point_up: Story Awards only work at my table

New Downtime Activities:

:mermaid: Genasi Getaway
… for Dr. Goosejet (@PatrickD)

You help Ayo, the orcish water genasi ranger, leaving Skullport unseen.
Maybe she shares some inside info about the aboleth and the Kraken Society?
… also you may choose a hook of fisher’s delight (rare) as a magic item from this adventure instead of the ones listed above.
Cost: 5 Downtime Days

:person_with_crown: Noblesse Oblige
… for Willem (@MarkusW)

You try to get Aaron, the noble you have saved, back to the surface … a daunting task.
From his thankful family you will get +180gp (so 480gp total) from this adventure, and the noble family of House Irlingstar from the metropolis of Waterdeep will be forever grateful to you.
Cost: 10 Downtime Days

:crazy_face: From the Cradle to the Grove

Prerequesite: being able to cast the druid grove spell
Time to create the two-headed snake grove dedicated to Demogorgon, the Prince of Demons!
Maybe this would allow you to create more of this magic dust you found in the Abyss?
Cost: 20 Downtime Days & 666gp

2 Likes

:radioactive: (Cosmetic) Mutations for Yerrow (@cat4laugh)

each one can individually be healed with a greater restoration spell

• (65) your two arms become tentacles
  • (81) you grow a thick skin
  • (57) you grow an extra useless arm (which is not a tentacle)
1 Like

Thanks for the great session

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.