V.A.L.U.E Friday - Tea flings from hell

Hi there Burek and welcome on the forum. Usually at RPGVienna new players should start with level 1 characters and level their way up the ladder so to speak, afaik. I have no problem with you joining my table right out the gate with a lvl 3 character however. I look forward to seeing you at my table tomorrow.

P.S.: For character creation outlines at our V.A.L.U.E. games, I recommend you quickly check out our houserules at this link

Thanks both for the welcome!

@Mexikorn missed the lvl. 3-4 note you mentioned before, but I would then take you up on your generous offer, thanks! Will share the one-off character later tonight in a PM.

@Valzon cannot promise you yet ā€¦ but should work :+1:

Sorry for being late this time, was a very full week. Like to join the table of @Darthbinks

Hello I just created a character with the help of the the discord server and would like to join a T1 game. @Mexikorn 's table seems great but idk if they still have space since my reply is so late.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum:)

1 Like

@Arthilas ā€¦ could you DM a T1 game as well? :slight_smile:

I will DM the Death House tomorrow, (high) T1. Be warned though, this is a horror adventure, including body and psychic horror. And it will be challenging for you and your characters.

May I join your table? A horror game sounds fun. I am kind of a new player tho.

Of course you can!

Would you be good with my group of 5 possibly joining you? :'> we have two pretty new people to dnd so Iā€™m not totally sure if itā€™ll work out so if it wonā€™t I can also try and come up with a session for tomorrow for em all I just wanted to go ahead and ask beforehand though

1 Like

Okay; with 6 players my table would be full then! :headstone:

1 Like

Iā€™d love to join as well. T2 or T3 preferably

I would love to join as a player tonight, if there is a spot left. Tier X =)

1 Like

Sorry for the late message, after all I wont be able to join tonight :confused:

I would gladly have you at my table for the Death House, T1 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gladly, might be 10min delayed though, depending on traffic :scream:

Thanks to everyone who played at my table today. @ImOuttie @Alaadu @jboimler @Burek I couldnā€™t have wished for a better first time DMing experience.

As for your rewards. On top of the 10 gold you got at the beginning of the session, you receive an additional 80 gold, as well as one magic item from Simonā€™s vast Collection of Magic Items of your choosing:

bag of holding, +1 shield, +1 weapon, +1 wand of the war mage, +1 all-purpose tool, +1 amulet of the devout, +1 arcane grimoir, +1 bloodwell vial, +1 moon sickle, +1 rod of the pact keeper, +1 rythm-maker drum, +1 dragonhide belt, insignia of claws, or any one common magic item.

And before I forget. For killing the legendary Hobgoblin Leader ā€˜Grokk the Kickerā€™ @Alaadu additionally receives the Homebrew Reward:

Boots of the Kicker While wearing these legendary boots you can use your action to kick a creature and knock it prone. No saves against it and no rolls. It always succeeds. (As long as the creature can be made prone)

4 Likes

It was great session, thank you for the adventure :raised_hands:t4:

@Nox @Mori @TheUglyGhostOfEast @IzayasDemons @Taigh @Tiero

Thank you all for playing at my table! It was a pleasure for Count Strahd von Zarovich to watch you struggle in old Durst Manor! At least, all three Durst children can rest peacefully now - Rose, Thorn and even the stillborn Walther, who was sacrificed by the cultā€¦

As for rewards, you get the following:

• 100 GP each from the chest in the attic and from selling some random jewellery you found throughout the manor
  • Spell scrolls of bless and spiritual weapon from the secret room - you need to decide who gets to keep them.
  • Roseā€™s diary counts as a spellbook you can take, it contains the spells shocking grasp, mage hand and mending.

In addition, everyone can get one of the following magic items:

• A Coiling Grasp Tattoo or an Eldritch Claw Tattoo - these appear as brands of the cult, as remnants of the dreadful magic they dealt with, manifesting as the same tendrils as you saw in the final battle or as the same claws that emerged from the mists and tried to drag you in if you had ever left the house.
  • A Claok of Protection cut from the red ved velvelt curtains in the library, although it appears old, dusty and tattered nowā€¦
  • A Circlet of Human Perfection the cultist shackled to the wall was wearing, even though you are not sure due to the state the corpse was in, it could have been the nursemaid in terms of size and statureā€¦

Instead of taking one of the above items, one of you can, as a homebrew story reward for my table only, keep the Helmed Horrorā€™s greatsword, which for now is a Sword of Wounding. When you wield it, you can hear faint echoes of the chant ā€œHe is the Ancient, He is the Landā€ - the sword might be more than it seems, but it also feelsā€¦ incomplete.

2 Likes