The V.A.L.U.E. of Locations

I will continue the Red Hand of Doom open campaign on Friday. I will call Sägewerk for a table and if that is not possible I will try to host at my home again.
The game is high T2 and open for everyone but previous players have preferred seating. If it does look like I will not have space for you, I will shoot you a message.

Now to the normal V.A.L.U.E message

Please post in this thread, should you plan to show up as a player / as a dm
and also the Tier of your game / characters you want to play

Tiers:

• T1 : levels 1-4
  • T2 : levels 5-10
  • T3 : levels 11-16
  • T4 : levels 17-20

Ressources:

:point_right: New to the Forum

:point_right: New to V.A.L.U.E. but not D&D

:point_right: V.A.L.U.E. magic item bazaar (costs 5 Downtime Days for both trading characters, each)

:point_right: Discord for questions and stuff

1 Like

I will dm the next part of the open for everyone mini-campaign Red Hand of Doom. People who played before have preferred seating. Please tell if you plan to join.
Currently T2 level 7-10

Note: Downtime activities are only 5 days but please do only one! If you have other downtime activities (from previous games shoot me a message)

Red Hand of Doom Explanation

Red Hand of Doom

Explanation

This is a small mini-campaign for V.A.L.U.E. that is open to new and recurring players. This small campaign will lead from T2 to T4 and is about a peaceful community facing a coming enemy. The setting is the Forgotten Realms.

Background

Elsir vale is a rather thinly populated 250 mile long vale. This frontier region has few large towns, the largest one being Brindol, which is also the capital of the region. This subtropical region is peaceful most of the time. However this is changing. Dark times are coming to Elsir Vale and enemy forces are amassing on the borders.

You are a special military unit from Brindol sent to investigate strange happenings in the border regions of the land. Are you prepared to face what is to come?

History

Elsir Vale lies along the Dawn Way, an important trade route. The first settlers of this land were dwarves that built a great kingdom in Wyrmsmoke and Giantshield mountains. Even now aqueducts and cisterns are present in the land. After this kingdom passed into the annals of history, humans began to settle the land, first druidic communities, later founding the kingdom of Rhaestilor. Two hundred years ago the kingdom was destroyed by a horde of goblins. Now the land is less centralized with the biggest powers being the cities of Dennovar and Brindol. There are also other communities such as Drellin’s Ferry, the Hammerfist Holds, Elsircross, Marthon, Nimon’s Gap and Red Rock

Important Notes

• If you want to play a goblin or goblinoid such as a bugbear please tell me, because of story reasons.
  • This campaign contains a lot of goblinoids as enemies
  • This campaign has a victory point system where you can fail in a mission but still win the war
  • This campign is limited in time, meaning travel times might become important.
Downtime Activities

Reinforcing the Fort (gains additional power when access to Mason’s tools, Stonecunning or spells like Stoneshape and Move Earth)
You reinforce the walls and towers of fort Hillswatch to better withstand an attack by the Red Hand. This might buy you valuable time, as they need to siege it.

Anti Aerial Weapons (gains more power with access to carpenter tools)
You build and train troops in the art of ground to air combat, hoping to prevent the disaster again. You can choose to train people, build ballistas or outfit the roofs and towers with defensive spikes.

Keeping up morale
You convince people to stay behind and defend the fort. Maybe more are going to stay and less people are going to flee from the coming army. This has an effect on the defensiveness.

Magical Wards (requires access to magic)
You and Setieren the Wise use their magical knowledge to build wards and magical defenses all around the fort and the surrounding country.

Escape Route
You reinforce the secret tunnel to allow the castle to evacuate in an emergency. It won’t buy you time but it will probably save some lives.

Additional supplies
You try and gain additional supplies from the surrounding countryside in order to gain resources for the coming siege. Water, food, fuel, and weapons will be needed to withstand the Red Hand.

(Additional Firepower (requires access to a higher power, such as a level 10 cleric or a warlock, or a good relationship with the local priest)
With the Red Hand having Tiamat, the Dark Lady on their side, maybe it is time to look around if the characters patrons and gods can help them as well. For a price of course…)

Town of Drellin's Ferry

Town Council

• Norro Winston Mayor, wealthy landowner, constantly stressed
  • Sorrana Anitah Captain of the Guard, has seen some things, follows the mayor, responsible
  • Delora Zahn Old Adventurer, now Businesswoman, canny, hedging her bets, Dead
  • Kellin Shadowbanks Tavernowner, probably part of a criminal organization, loud negotiator, Fled
  • Iromel Veil Not met yet

Townspeople

• Andre Drellin Former Ferryman
  • Old Man Jorr Old man in the woods, hates goblins, has a large crossbow and will shoot you
  • Brother Derny Priest of Lathander, not met yet
  • Setieren the Wise Wizard, very excited, will repeat words
  • Jarret Nurth Shopkeeper, Bhaal Cultist, Dead
  • Morlin Coalhewer Smith. Dead
  • Mihani Aranni Traveler Sorceress that deals in magical artifacts, spy, now an ally
  • Paul, Anna, Corinna: Soldiers

In the Witchwood

• Druid Circle of Eth Helped you take down the bridge
  • Old Lady Gretel and Agatha Making their way towards Drellin’s Ferry, to relocate. Hags

By next Friday Drydzt will be back in shape, so he plans to join. His sickness has been a punishment from his Master, The Nameless, because he hasn’t been able to yet create a decent cult, but a mere Kindergarten of worshippers…

Edit: as downtime is 5 days only, as soon as Drydzt was back in shape he engaged the last few 2/3 days of downtime in " Keeping up morale"…obviously trying not only to convince people to defend the fort, but also to join the Cult of The Namelsess!

2 Likes

I’d join the defense of our newly liberated stronghold!
For downtime building ballistas sounds like a sound idea if someone takes the task of training their prospective users.
(Also: “Right Tool for the Job” can provide all kinds of tools at short notice, if only one set at a time…)

1 Like

:dragon: The Dragon of Brindol (level 10) will be there

(still thinking about his Downtime action)

Edit: will prolly go for Escape Tunnel … too many good lives have been lost …

1 Like

Since I just travel on Saturday I’m happy that Garas(hhh) can also join the forces again. Certainly like to set up magical wards

2 Likes

I’d like to join with Fluffyfoot again :smiling_imp:
As for downtime… maybe Keeping up morale - Fluffyfoot style but I’m gonna mull it over a bit more.

1 Like

I will try to run some sort of t2 shenanigans on Friday at sagewerk if they got room; anyone interested?

Im joining too. Happy to try out the new location(s). :slight_smile: Can play any tier any table, though T2 and T3 prefered

Hey, I have already reserved one table since I did not know how many were coming and last week there was one dm.
If you want to dm you will have to reserve another table.

Yup yup, planning to unless they dont want two tables.

I’d love to join if we get a group together :slight_smile:

I won‘t make it this week, however I hope you have fun! Orpheus takes a break! :amphora:

I would also join if there is a second table :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m also interested, and planing to participate with two friends of mine, if it’s possible. The problem is we have all no T2 characters, and they are both new to Pen&Paper. I can give them advice beforehand, so it will be not that chaotic as usual. I hope. But now to my question: will there be also a T1 Game hosted, or it’s exclusively T2? I’d appreciate to find an answer^^

Right now there doesn’t seem to be a dm that does a T1.
However you can make T2 characters at level 5 to begin with.

If you or your friends need help creating a character, you can write me, or come a bit earlier.

Thanks for the quick response! Are there still places left for the Siege in the City mission? I’ll hold consult, and we’re trying to be there earlier. Otherwise, we attempt to slip in at the second table.

I have one space left, but I assume you want to be with your friends

Over here wave. We (3people) are also interested.

Absolutely. Especially, because it’s their first play. But thank you.

1 Like