Any indie gamers around?

Sorry for the double post… I just wanted to come back to this real quick:

The game mechanics reward me for escalating in most cases. Now, playing a fanatic mormon teen equipped with the god given right to judge and even harm people didn’t really seem to work for me to keep me interested in the moral issues these stories tended to generate. As I understand DitV, the game wants us to create situations in which the integrity and morality of our little Dogs are at stake due to the unbearable reality of the wild west and their wicked towns. However the game rewards me for doing the exact opposite.

Maybe it’s just the setting… or the religious aspect, I don’t know. But DitV doesn’t succeed in making me as a player question the choice to escalate conflicts that much… And in the end all you get are pretty mediocre stories at best with (admittedly) neat dice mechanics.

But I haven’t given up on DitV yet. Maybe I just need to play it again. It’s been a while…

this Action Castle thing does sound hilarious! I’d be up for that anytime :slight_smile:

but also a meet and greet (over drinks perhaps) would sure be nice, looking forward to meeting you all either way ^^

[quote]The game mechanics reward me for escalating in most cases. Now, playing a fanatic mormon teen equipped with the god given right to judge and even harm people didn’t really seem to work for me to keep me interested in the moral issues these stories tended to generate. As I understand DitV, the game wants us to create situations in which the integrity and morality of our little Dogs are at stake due to the unbearable reality of the wild west and their wicked towns. However the game rewards me for doing the exact opposite.

Maybe it’s just the setting… or the religious aspect, I don’t know. But DitV doesn’t succeed in making me as a player question the choice to escalate conflicts that much… And in the end all you get are pretty mediocre stories at best with (admittedly) neat dice mechanics.

But I haven’t given up on DitV yet. Maybe I just need to play it again. It’s been a while…[/quote]

Let’s take this to the other thread, shall we? So as to keep this on OT, I’ll comment over here :slight_smile:

Either that or he just likes to shoot his mouth off about that sort of thing… :wink:

Or somebody else. Never mind, it’s the Internet - who’s counting? :slight_smile:

But does it qualify as an indie game? Or even an RPG?

I dunno :slight_smile: but who cares^^
You said it was a good icbreaker, so I’d go for it :wink:

Also, the “is it even an RPG?” question was also asked about My Life With Master when that came out, and I loved that game, so… let’s just give it a shot maybe?

It’s fine for me as well. For starters that might be just the right game for us to meet up and have some instant fun!!

What about Thursday, November 8th, for a first date? Any ideas for a place? How about something like a bar, where we can meet and have a quiet place in some corner for ourself? Is SpielBar any good?

[quote=“Auburney”]I dunno :slight_smile: but who cares^^
You said it was a good icbreaker, so I’d go for it :wink:[/quote]
Hey, if just the two of us show, we could always try Breaking the Ice. With that name, how can it fail?

(Actually, I would like to try that with somebody sometime.)

Anyway, the 8th is out for me, unfortunately. The 4th and 5th would probably work; I’d also be up for an earlier date.

5th sounds good!

For me 4th would be better, but i understand if people have trouble with sundays.

I’m available at the 5th only in the evening. From 8 oclock.

Hello! I’m in, responding late 'cause I’ve been out of Vienna last week.

Any workday evening after 6.30-7 pm should work fine for me, I’d like to avoid Mondays though if that’s not the only option. I’m also up for an earlier date than beginning of November if that’s still an option.

[quote=“Auburney”]
but also a meet and greet (over drinks perhaps) would sure be nice, looking forward to meeting you all either way ^^

That sounds cool, if it’s still on I’m in :slight_smile:

Hmmm… an earlier date unfortunately won’t be possible for me (next weekday nights will be spent reassembling Ikea jigsaw puzzles that I’m finally going to transport to Vienna from Germany this weekend :frowning: ).

I could settle on the 4th if that’s better for everyone.

unfortunately, the 4th is out for me, as are the weekends in general i’m afraid :frowning:

also on this coming weekend (26.-28.) i’m out of town, and the one after that is occupied with going to the theatre and having my regular RPG group over

apart from that, however (i.e. weekdays) I’m very flexible (in the evening of course^^)

So, let’s see: dates we have ruled out are: the 4th, 5th and 8th of November… that still gives us some room to maneuver though :slight_smile:

I’m gonna go ahead and suggest an earlier date, then: how’s about the 25th of October? That would be this thursday - anyone still free there?

I’ll be in Germany on thursday… Sorry, I’m afraid I won’t be available before the 4th… What about November 6th?

November 6th works as far as I’m concerned :slight_smile:

Thursdays I’ve got school until 9.

I’m sorry, my schedule is quite difficult. If everyone else can on the 6th then I won’t object :slight_smile:

Nov 6th works for me, too! :slight_smile:

edit: oh sorry Kaylossus, didn’t see your post prior to writing mine … perhaps you can join us later that evening, though?

edit’s edit: ah wait the 6th isn’t a Thursday… got that wrong, then… nevermind ^^

I was looking at the 6th of December lol.

6th of nov should work great for me aswell :slight_smile:

That should work…

Nov. 6 is probably out, though. Oct. 25 would probably work as well.

What about November 7? Otherwise, as it seems Thursdays are working best for all - Nov 8th? I can also make it next Thursday if that’s an option :slight_smile:

Hm, I could keep the 7th or 8th free as well, wouldn’t have to be the 6th as far as I’m concerned!

Next thursday is the 1st, though. Got another game scheduled already on that day, sorry :slight_smile:

Thursdays are out for me… :frowning:

7th would be good.