Any indie gamers around?

Hi!

It’s been too long since I last played any indie games. Moving to Vienna and leaving my old group behind, this seems like a good opportunity to start over with some old and hopefully lots of new games. Indie games meaning games (loosely) connected to the Forge circles.

Is there someone who’s experienced with these games and/or wants to try out something new? I’m thinking about organizing a monthly date with up to 5 players. I’d very much like to test some new games but would be glad to show some of the classics to interested players. Most of these games don’t require a long lasting campaign to unfold their full potential. So we could change the system every other month.

Who’s interested? I have my own list of games I’d like to playtest but I’m open to any suggestions. If you have this completely wicked game in your bookshelf but you can’t think of anyone to play it with… here’s your chance :wink:

I would be interested
but the big question as always is when and where^^

and what will it be?
or better would u post he list of yours?

I would be interested, as Bazhell said, depending on where and when. Our regular group generally meets Saturday afternoons, so another time than that would work for me.

[quote=“Alrik”]Hi!

It’s been too long since I last played any indie games. Moving to Vienna and leaving my old group behind, this seems like a good opportunity to start over with some old and hopefully lots of new games. Indie games meaning games (loosely) connected to the Forge circles.

Is there someone who’s experienced with these games and/or wants to try out something new? I’m thinking about organizing a monthly date with up to 5 players. I’d very much like to test some new games but would be glad to show some of the classics to interested players. Most of these games don’t require a long lasting campaign to unfold their full potential. So we could change the system every other month.

Who’s interested? I have my own list of games I’d like to playtest but I’m open to any suggestions. If you have this completely wicked game in your bookshelf but you can’t think of anyone to play it with… here’s your chance :wink:[/quote]

That sounds like a great idea (provided, as you’ll expect) that it does not conflict with my regular game…

I’m super excited about your fast responses! And yeah, time - as so often - is probably the biggest problem. I was thinking about one weekday night each month. Like, let’s say the first Thursday of every month. Do you have any preferences for weekdays or are weekdays a no-go? If that’s the case I might be willing to switch to the weekend. Otherwise I’d like to keep them free.

For starters I would suggest Fiasco. It’s a fun and fast game (and I still haven’t played it) which shows very well the difference between the usual rpg and a thematic indie game.

Again, if you have something you desperatly want to play, post it!! I’m willing to GM almost everything. If we don’t need a GM, well, even better! :wink:

sounds interesting
thursday are a little bit stressed…
i would like mondays or wednesdays if ther others are ok with it

Wednesdays would be awesome for me. That would be a very long day, and it would make the rest of the week feel short.

I dunno if these count as indie, but I have been dying to play Dresden Files and Planescape.

And I have wanted to play Paranoia for YEARS now.

These are just my wish list. I will play pretty much anything.

I like Siobhan´s list xD

for me its Demon Hunters
the RPG from the “thegamers” people

Fiasco is not the kind of game I’d like to play, but Dresden Files and Planescape sound interesting. Paranoia I played once (it was really fun!), so I’m all for playing that again.

I don’t know Demon Hunters but it coming from the gamers-people, makes me want to play it as well.

I can add “In Nomine Satanis / Magna Veritas” as a possible, kind of Indie-game.

Wednesdays would also work for me…

I dunno either with all the divergent definitions floating around, but methinks that might be akin to asking whether Backstreet Boys are indie music… :smiley:

Seriously, though, I’d be up for some indie fun. I’d rather avoid Fiasco if possible. (It’s an excellent game once, but after that it becomes pretty meaningless … and unfortunately I’ve already played the one good session I’m going to get out of it.)

Currently on top of my want to play list is Blowback. We nearly got a game going recently, but a couple late cancels somehow caused it to morph into Mercenaries, Spies & Private Eyes. Mist-robed Gate is also on that list. So is Time & Temp. Actually, so are lots of others. I’m pretty easy.

Another idea would be trying to get in a game of Sherpa as long as the weather is nice, if anybody’s up for that…

looks askance at -H-

has a sneaking suspicion -H- just needs help moving

looks askance at -H-

has a sneaking suspicion -H- just needs help moving[/quote]
Would I pull a dirty trick like that on you? You wound me.

But just to show you that my heart’s in the right place, I’ll invite you over for a fun-filled session of one of my favorite indies, Yard Work: The Roleplaying Game…

I’m not coming unless there’s a fence to whitewash.

I’m not coming unless there’s a fence to whitewash.[/quote]
This could be arranged…

How do you feel about raking leaves or planting bulbs?

How do I feel? I feel susceptible to poison ivy, and too old to fall for these tricks.

Hey, nothing to worry about - there’s no poison ivy here. What, you’re still not buying it? Dang. Oh well.

Maybe I can con Simon into some free labor by promising an XP per raked leaf…

I’M IN.

That’s it, I’m designing a game around this mechanic now!

Meh, who cares about Xp in Chtulhu? The character is going to be dead next session ayway…