A New World

a few weeks?

So if I understood the concept of time in this game correctly, one session equals one day, so one week = 7 sessions = a few months in real time at our current pace --> is that correct?

about the type of pet - if you all like the idea of me having a cat more than a hawk, I guess I could go warm up to a sabretooth :wink:

Like one of those for example:
google.at/search?q=smilodon&tbm=isch

Although there is no fixed relation between sessions and ingame-time, that would take a while.
Iā€™d suggest that you follow Hugoā€™s concept of solving it ingame. (Renounce the domain, get a companion)

A good choice would be a big cat or a dinosaur. ( cue: pounce)
But since they have to fit into the setting itā€™s up to Hugo

Dinosaurs may not even exist in this setting. Or, if they do, they may not be around anywhere even remotely where we are located. Canā€™t say I ever found people running around with raptor pets very thematic, either, tā€™be honest.

Also, a cat may not be particularly happy with all the dogs around. A hawk or somesuch bird would be pretty cool, though, if they can be taken as Animal Companions.

Yep Kratk. A session can be a day, It can be 10 minutes or it can be several weeksā€¦ it depends.

An animal companion is different from a petā€¦ check the book. You have to try to find a way, if possible, we still dont knowā€¦ you can ask the guardians, they should have an ideaā€¦ if possible.

Yep, not that you are aware of itā€¦ maybe in unknown regionsā€¦ there should be some legends about itā€¦ probably. As I told youā€¦ not every inch of the world map is already establishā€¦

Mmm. Though, ā€˜renounceā€™ the domain seems a strong wording. ā€˜Sacrifice some of his immediate power over nature in exchange for a blessing in the form of a brave animal companionā€™ sounds nicer. A druid who decides to renounce ā€˜Natureā€™ or ā€˜Plantsā€™ or whatever the domain was actually called ā€¦ kind of fails at his occupation.

Yep I know itā€™s different. Iā€™ve chosen my Plant-Domain, and Iā€™ll stick with that decision. I wonā€™t renounce that!

I was talking about a non-leveling pet, just like 3 of the 4 other PCs in our game have.

I donā€™t want a raptor anyway - I asked for an eagle / a hawk, and those should be quite common in a place with mountans and woods :wink:

Or if you guys think it should be something non-winged, Iā€™d like a sabretooth :smiley:

Wellā€¦ it is not a matter of asking (Not after character creation at least). You go and get it. Some ā€œanimalā€ markets?? (I dont know if that is ok with your character)ā€¦ maybe with all the walks around the forest you have a couple of possible friendsā€¦ (Owl?)ā€¦ I dont know. Think about what are the possibilities in the gameā€¦ then, we role it.

Ohā€¦ okey, I see. Well then lets wait for our next session

teaching a trick takes one week of ingame time (as already mentioned, time passed depends on the adventure). but only half of this week (3 hours of the day have to be spent for training) have to be used for actual training.

Rear a wild animal is a handle animal check of 15+HD, thus I have a decent chance to do it for you, you just have to find an animal with survival skill that hasnt reached adulthood yet or you find a trainer to buy one. I would try to find one as a nice small sidequest :slight_smile:

So you essentially need to invest three hours per day for three days over the course of a week, if Iā€™m reading you right? Thatā€™s easy enough to do during travels, if people start setting up camp in the early evening.

The time for training depends on the trickā€¦ being 1 week the standard. It can also be trained for a specific purposeā€¦ and then, you get a ā€œcomboā€ of tricks, depending of the purpose.

You have to train 3 hours per dayā€¦ but the entire week! (not only three days). You have to do a handle animal check at ā€œhalf the timeā€ of the entire training. So, if it is a week, after 3 days you make the check. If you fail, you could not train it and then you have to start againā€¦ if you succeed, then you have to finish the week of training (the other 3 or 4 days for standard tricks)

this is correct, I misread the handle animal training stuff

Shame thereā€™s such a long downtime. I hope weā€™ll be able to get the third session going with less of a break in between.

Yeah, it is always difficult to coordinate 6 personsā€¦

So, this Friday 6.30 PM, yeah? Which of the potential locations will we be playing at?

I would prefer our place, then I donā€™t have to travel that much :wink:
And we still have one crisps packet and one lonely beer from artur at our place :wink:

It takes me quite some time to get thereā€¦not to mention back if we play till after midnight, again.
So Iā€™d appreciate a different location.

okey, suggestions? (where do you come from?)

My place remains available as an option. Itā€™s close to U6 ThaliastraƟe. Hugo and Tophthes have been there a couple times already.

I donā€™t have a problem with playing at Kratkā€™s place, which is very nice ā€“ but Iā€™ll admit itā€™s a little out of the way for me as well, less so to get there during the week, since I have a decent public connection from my workplace, but to get home again afterwards.

well if I take your place (U6 ThaliastraƟe) and Arturs place (Simmering) our place would be quite in the middle of those two, so travel time to ThaliastraƟe is already quite long for me & Sabine, and really long for Artur (I donā€™t know where he works, so maybe from his workplace its not that much of a problem)