A New World

Hello People!!

This post is “restricted” to characters playing with me. I created in order to organize the session schedule, problems, questions, suggestions and so on.

Till now we have 5 people in the party (so, technically close… but the fifth one is not pretty clear if he will continue playing… I will let people know if we require another player). 4 of those people are still not in the RPGVienna Forum… so, we will see. The party for the first campaigns will be:

Kratk => Dwarf - Druid
Sabine => Hafling - Rogue
Throptes => Human - Ranger
VonDoom => knowledgeable Elf
Arthur => Mighty Paladinyeus
Ben => Mightier Barbarian

Okey, so I registered myself an account here.
Any news?
Did you talk with Artur yet?

Send him the Link! also to Sabine :slight_smile: thanks. He can only do it this Friday… but I might be busy… I will know today or tomorrow…

Friday should work for me.

So, Friday it is. Then, 2 things:

1- We need a place to play. Kratk is it possible there?, Thropthes… do you know any place where it is possible to play? for example in my city we have places for roleplaying. I will also ask here at the center…

2- Kratk we have to reunite before this Friday with you and Arthur!! at least one hour… when? where? please!

3- See you then.

yes our place works, you can come. maybe anyone who’s allergic to rats can take an allergy pill an hour before you come here :wink:

about another meeting before friday: I don’t know when and where, don’t have that much time, and I can’t speek for Artur I don’t know when he would have time. I’ve sent him the link to this forum and your email adress, I hope he’ll contact you

fixed :sunglasses:

well I would like to play gnome bard or paladin but I will decide this on the fly cause we are using random attribute generation (random attribute generation always foils my plans :blush: )

why? well I could find some time after work on Thursday.

Well, we need to create the character… you need the stats, so… we can create it this Thursday if you want… if not, you can do it directly Friday while we play and then you enter. it is up to you. I have time at 6:30 PM… tell me if you can :slight_smile:

I would prefer to do it on friday, it does not take long for me :slight_smile:

Well yeah we can meet thursday 18:30 if you want.
But the CBR is quite far for me… could we maybe meet at your place, or at mine? (if you can stand the rats, or what they leave in the room after we move them somewhere else)

[quote=“cptcosmic”]
well I would like to play gnome bard or paladin but I will decide this on the fly cause we are using random attribute generation (random attribute generation always foils my plans :blush: )[/quote]

A gnome paladin would be awesome!
Also random attribute generation can also (especially in this case) give you some real nice stats. :sunglasses:

[quote=“Thopthes”][quote=“cptcosmic”]
well I would like to play gnome bard or paladin but I will decide this on the fly cause we are using random attribute generation (random attribute generation always foils my plans :blush: )[/quote]

A gnome paladin would be awesome!
Also random attribute generation can also (especially in this case) give you some real nice stats. :sunglasses:[/quote]
we always used point buy in my last d&d gaming group because the chance of having one poor guy rolling bad and most likely one rolling average is quite high. the default random generation basically “forces” you to play a class that is why I dislike it. 4d6, skip lowest, means ~12 per score (bar those lucky rolls). in total 72 point, standard point buy in pathfinder gives 75 points total (10 base + 15 to allocate) and you can specialize. with 12 in every score you can forget about playing a spellcaster if you dont get atleast one high roll. random is all nice when you throw hundreds of times cause bad rolls even out but you only roll 6 times for attributes and the chance of rolling bad 6 times isnt that low.

well I am too biased about this topic but I can live with random generation. I can always be a gnome fighter or barbarian after all :laughing:

I know what you mean. But in this case you have 3 ways to determine your ability scores and can pick the one that gave you the best results :wink:
And the outcome will be very nice scores.
Additionally: No min-maxing :smiley:

wont have time tomorrow for character creation. meeting from 0900 till 1800 :frowning:

is the session tomorrow set and takes place? when will it start? I will have to plan my arrival cause I am not in Vienna afternoon due to my work.

6:30 PM… Kratk house… he or I will send a message with the address. Then we finish their characters (Kratk and girlfriend) I check the one of Thropthes and you do yours… and, very likely we start to play immediately. VonDoom has not confirmed, but he is very likely not to come.

See you tomorrow

okey, 18:30 tomorrow at our place it is.

please do not post the adress here in this public viewable forum.

Hi, folks!

Well, looks like the other group I had promised to be available for tomorrow in case Carrion Hill fell through isn’t happening either, so I’m actually free and will be there! Looking forward to it.

So, you can arrive early if you want :slight_smile: then we can start before 6:30

PS: like… from more or less 5:30 if you want

Hey! Had a blast last evening, so I wrote some quick journal entries into Herolab. Don’t ask how and when he wrote anything. It’s a super-intelligent carnie-elf thing.

Edmund Aelvson

Adventure: Date (game world): 0000/00/00; Date (real world): 2013/05/25
XP Reward: 0 XP; Net Cash: 78 GP

Arrived at the Magic Sanctorum. Confusion seems to be the word of the day, as I couldn’t get one straight explanation from the locals – apparently they were expecting me, greeting me by name and everything.

And then an obviously senile wizard gave me a magical artifact lock-key thing, except he didn’t actually want to do that, being under a charm spell of some sort. A fellow appeared making all sorts of wild claims that were, by and large, nonsensical, but it ultimately sums up as ‘I tricked you into this because I think you can’t do it so as to achieve my evil master plan, insert evil laughter here’. It all seems rather tedious, but with the disgraceful state of this place I doubt I could actually learn anything I’d care to know here and now I really don’t have anything better to do. At least I managed to get some spending money and a horse out of the arrangement.

While I was just going to leave and be about my own business like the sensible man I am, apparently they had an entire assemblage of people on the line just waiting to perform whatever duty I’m now supposed to carry. A gnome girl who turned out to be a holy warrior, complete with a war-dog and everything, her halfling travel companion who keeps a pet rat and some sort of Ranger-Druid tag team. They all seem like perfectly nice people, but also quite confused about this whole business.

I swear, if this is just some inane test to get into this school, I’m burning down their roof.

Adventure: Date (game world): 0000/00/00; Date (real world): 2013/05/25
XP Reward: 0 XP; Net Cash:

Well, speaking of burning down roofs. Perhaps I was a bit rash with that remark, as the whole thing exploded shortly after I formulated my last entry. Just like that.

Plus, there was a angry wind spirit thing. Elemental? One of those. It was pretty neat, except for the part where it tried to kill us. Luckily, I had the entire situation under control and quite heroically stood my ground as that ranger fellow smashed it to pieces. Still not certain how you cut the wind with a sword, but I’m sure I can write a thesis on it someday. Perhaps the violent cutting motion and/or intent disperses the animating spirit?

Does that mean it might reform later, or that it’s banished to the Elemental Plane? I don’t plan on sticking around to find out!