50 Years - the V.A.L.U.E. of D&D

Might be an interesting idea for a battlerager barbarian build haha😆

1 Like

Either a wild magic sorceress or a soul knife rogue, haven’t decided yet

2 Likes

Would love to join your table with my T1 too, if you do end up DMing!

I appreciate you letting me know, and asking!

In that case, I would like to request that you hold off for one session to accurately reflect the quick turn around of the second attempt. Someone had asked at the table if they could use downtime days to “double level”, and I requested they didn’t to keep the power level roughly the same. So I would like to keep things even across the players.

1 Like

Getting there closer to 7 than normal, so feel free to grab a table for the fort assault!

1 Like

Yes sir :saluting_face:

1 Like

@ThatGuyTed @Arthilas @Mexikorn @Potifex @Stracci

Thank you all so much for joining my table today! :partying_face: You had a seagull eat yarn, hid dolls in stinky tortle shells, you enlarged and reduced a cat, aided in evil critical hits,you created fashion trends and brightened moods, you made pegasus embroidery and held a giant button worm only to destroy it in 12 seconds and much more. You also uncovered the button’s true form.

For managing to reconstruct the needle and with it Genevieve’s sanity you recieve:

The coat looks like whatever your character wants it to look like. Genevieve is feeling very grateful and is thus quite lenient.

Thanks again for joining, I had tons of fun, feel free to send any criticism or highlights my way! :partying_face: :sparkles:

2 Likes

Thank you a lot for the fantastic game! You know, I really loved the seamstress’s story, it was so well made and well told :slight_smile: It actually made me sob a little when the full story was revealed.

Also @ThatGuyTed, here is the perfect song for your pentagram ritual with that button:

1 Like

@BufoBufo @Jackfruitchilli @Tea007

thanks for playing :funeral_urn:

aside from +1 level-up, +10 Downtime Days, the potions you found/got, and +3200gp,
you gain ONE of the following magic items:

:magic_wand: … note that the staff of fate does not regain charges at dawn
it only regains charges, when you spend the last one and roll 10 or higher on a d20

:face_with_thermometer: also Ghundralt’s (@Jackfruitchilli) new Hit Point maximum is only 35
He can spend 10 Downtime Days via the “Relaxation” downtime activity to remove this affliction.

:point_up: note that this also applies on other tables as well, not only on mine

:performing_arts: the Behind the Screen stuff I will write you as a PM (likely on Sunday)

1 Like

@Avallona @Janlocks @NadenSall @Slabby @Atanen @truecrawl

God where do I even begin? You broke into a volcano terrified a peaceful civilization by pretending to be the reawakend fire giant before disguising yourselves as their family members lying to their faces and nuking their little town. Oh and you played Reincarnate roulette and won! Always amazed by the ingenuity displayed here.

For your evil acts and giving ereldra the option to turn on neverwinter in the future you gain. 200gp and ONE of the following items:

• Circlet of blasting
  • Weapon of warning
  • A bag of beans

Thanks for playing, your capacity for evil never ceases to amaze me.

3 Likes

Thank you for the great adventure and the roulette! :smiley::ok_hand:t2:

@Takanari @lol39r @jboimler

A massive explosion rocks the very foundations of Castle Kalaman, throwing everyone to the floor as the earth lurches violently as the entire northern wing collapses, rock and stone tumbling down into the city below. Witnesses in the city below would later report billows of smoke and ash pouring from the rock beneath the fortress, with rumors of strange purple flickers. But all were too afraid to look directly.

When you return to the council chamber, all traces of the undead have disappeared, leaving only the scene described previously. And a single parchment resting neatly on the ground, likely laid after the tragic events, for it bears no sign of stain or damage. In a flowing, ancient elven script it reads, “You could have stopped this, but now it is too late. The flames of the Cataclysm will come for you all.”

@jboimler , thinking through the memories of other times you now bear, you vaguely remember something about catacombs that were rumored to be under Castle Kalaman. Centuries ago, before the disaster known as the Cataclysm, the Knights of Solamnia used them to entomb their honored dead. Once the Knights fell out of favor in the local area, they were sealed up and forgotten. Unfortunately, if they ever did exist, they are now destroyed in the earthquake.

@Alaadu @Vishous

You desperately speed through the air upon the back of your giant eagles, hoping to head off the Kalaman army before it marches into a trap. The eagle’s flight, and the gnomish engine, have hastened your journey, but did they make up for the time needed to copy the sending spell and the long rest needed after the battle to retake Wheelwatch Keep? Or will the sending spell pay off if Marshall Vendri can get a messenger there in time? Unfortunately, only one of you will find out, as a gust of wind sweeps the bard from his eagle and sends him plummeting toward a small lake below. Don’t worry, he should be able to dive to safety. Unless he has a Ring of Water Walking, of course, because that would make it like hitting solid ground… oh no!!! (don’t worry, after convalescing in a nearby village, he’ll be recovered enough for when his player returns in a couple of sessions).

All:

Thank you for playing at my table! Your tactics in your successful retaking of the keep were inventive and resulted in minimal casualties to the Vogler militia. You gain 480 gp, 10 downtime days*, and your choice of one of the following:

Ring of Protection

Half-plate +1

Kagonesti Forest Shroud

*: In game, the passage of time will occur after we resolve Fen’s attempt to warn the army. However, I expect this to be resolved within the first 30 minutes of the next game. As such, everyone but Fen can take a long rest in between sessions, while Fen’s long rest will occur if he survives his trip.

@Takanari , you recovered an Enduring Spellbook (magic item, common) from the black-robed mage with the following spells:

1st: Magic Missile, Sleep, Command

2nd: Melf’s Acid Arrow, Dragon’s Breath

3rd: Counterspell, Fireball, Feign Death, Bestow Curse

Both major events: the extreme success in destroying the keep (which destroyed all the supplies and a place to gather for all forces in the area, forcing a withdrawal), and the inability to prevent or identify whatever the undead forces were doing in Kalaman, will have a major effect on the war around you. It will be interesting to see how this develops!

I’ll post some downtime activities tomorrow.

2 Likes

i would really like command, would fit Xala well. sadly it isn’t on the Wizard spell list.

(lvl1 spell that would like to try use/try: Detect Magic, Magnify gravity, Tensers floating disc)

Sorry, that’s what I get for trying to type quickly. It was supposed to be something else, but as a penalty for mistyping, it’s now Tenser’s Floating Disc :slight_smile:

Hey there my dear accomplices! Arnulf here, your trusty (LOLth) tortle drow colleague! Can I have your character names please (not forever, I´m not from the feywild, promise!)? @Atanen - Arnulf @truecrawl - Gustav @Avallona - @Janlocks - @NadenSall - @Slabby -

2 Likes

Faeryl - Your proud half-drow rogue ^^

1 Like

I was luci or lucky whichever pronunciation u prefer.

1 Like

I like to remember my colleagues, who storywise know my characters :grin:

If you happen to make notes too @Avallona and @Janlocks, Arnulf Heiler, the monk mechanic is one of (originally 4) tortle brothers, named after artists of their homeland…

1 Like

Im Trax and @NadenSall is Yolin, was nice to play with yall

1 Like

Yäss! Thank you! It was a pleasure for us too, looking forward to play again together!