50 Years - the V.A.L.U.E. of D&D

sorry … did not get that :spider: is T2 now

my bad

fixed :+1:

Mia is finally back and I’m stuck at work :face_holding_back_tears: PepeHands (plus my grave cleric only lv4 yet)

New here, but not in D&D. Would like to join T1 game if there’s still place

1 Like

do you show up at FR?

(n.p. … just did not really got that from your post)

:slight_smile:

unfortunately I won´t be able to make it this friday :frowning: Krugh is off for a mountain workout retreat… I´d appreciate a short forum update as to what I´ve missed if you can and will be back the week after :grin:

Honestly, that was a pretty amazing speech!

1 Like

@Takanari If you’re gonna ask me publicly in an official VALUE forum, you’re gonna get an official VALUE answer :slight_smile:

Any magical item trades on the VALUE forum cost downtime days to perform. Since we made a specific decision to not grant downtime days due to being in mid-battle, you would have to wait until after the next session to do so. If you procured the items any other way (Wyhan’s shop during our last session, swapped out from character inventory, etc), it’s not an issue.

If no one objects: since you’re playing at my table on Friday, I’m happy to “advance” you the downtime days for the trade so you don’t have to keep track of two versions of the character. Just remember to deduct them from the downtime days you get after next session, so you keep in line with VALUE rules before you go to anyone else’s table. If anyone does object, we’ll stick with the official ruling above.

@Takanari @jboimler @Alaadu @lol39r @Vishous Edit: Still crazy with work, should do a full posting tomorrow. This will include the option for resupply (You lost your barrel of pitch! You have 25 words to send to Sir Becklin, who is coming from the city of Kalaman. You wanted to tell her to come immediately, but what will you do with your other words?), how mass combat works, and some other fun stuff.

1 Like

I’m actually really interested in learning the DMing mind of @Darthbinks someday soon, but as you say, Krynn does not destroy itself!

since i’m asking in an official VALUE forum I need to rules lawyer you. i do have enough remaining downtime days from previous adventures to do the trades even without any downtime days from your session.

also the 10 downtime days aren’t optional according to the VALUE rules: " Your character earns + 10 Downtime Days after every adventure."

i’m asking because i want to know what you prefer.

hello I’m a beginner and I would like to join you on friday 02.02 to try D&D :). I’ll be there a little earlier to set up my character as is mentioned.

2 Likes

Two people, T1 level 1, Tiefling Palladin and Halfling Bard, It will be our first time player, But characters are ready. We want to come

Seeing all the T1 players I’ll prep something T1 for friday (just in case). (Lighthearted and silly most likely)

Which also means: If any of the people from the “Looking Behind the Screen”-thread want to check out my prep work/my thoughts on running games in general. → Let me know, and I’ll come a bit earlier so we can chat about it.

4 Likes

:four_leaf_clover:

@DieGio8002

hey :slight_smile:

a lot of people have already signed up for this FR

we will really try to squeeze you in … but no promises

should work out … hopefully … somehow … just no guarantees

If @ThatGuyTed DMs a silly game :rotating_light: , please add me to his table…

@Takanari

If it doesn’t give you any significantly different advantage, I’m fine with it. I tend to trust player judgement when it comes to that stuff. I can’t imagine taking off different armor quickly would matter that much, but hey, maybe there’s some obscure armor-throwing class out there :slight_smile:

no…i traded more than that, and yes it would make me significantly more powerful. i’m bringing what i had last time.

Some details for the Shadows of the Dragonqueen People:

Short But Sweet:

As described previously, you have 25 words to coordinate your reinforcements! Make them count. If you need any materials, now would be the time to request them after the request to get there immediately. Luckily, interns know how to get things done, so if you need any supplies a militia could reasonably transport, you’re pretty sure that Darrett will come through.

The Status of Your Troops:

Thanks to some truly inspiring words, and your past adventures protecting the people of Vogler, the militia that you lead is fighting extra effectively. From @jboimler soldier background, you can judge that for the militia, a force of 80 soldiers (plus a ? level knight captain) once they reach combat:

About 2 of them are a match for the brass draconians that turn to stone.

About 4 of them are a match for the other types (not including Golden Boy)

You expect that you’ve lost the element of surprise after the failed assault, but you’ve chosen to attack again quickly to prevent reinforcements, so that will play to your advantage.

Since this is small scale warfare, this is going to be simplified. If you choose to assign missions to the militia (they can be broken into smaller squads), then winners will be decided by comparing the CR. If the CRs are equal, the battle will end with a random winner with significant casualties. The more CR on a side, the better chance of winning, to include without significant casualties (I have a lovely chart).

An Experienced Solider

You rescued Sir Becklin from an unknown fate and threw enough healing and anti-magic at her to cure an army. She will stand by your side, leading the Vogler militia. Any force assigned to her can perform complicated instructions without question, adds her class level to its CR, and will adjust as the battlefield unfolds. If preferred, you can also have her accompany you instead and consult her for advice.

Preparation:

I would highly advise you arrive a few minutes early to plan party tactics or discuss on the forum to ensure a smooth start to the battle. You know the layout of Wheelwatch Keep, although you expect the disposition of guards to be different. Planning is not a requirement though, I’ve heard that flying bards act as great lightning rods…. :blush:

Does this cover everything? Absolutely not. We’ll see what happens Friday!

3 Likes

@BufoBufo @Jackfruitchilli @Tea007 and anyone else who wants to join the :amphora: table

if you tell me what kind of character you want to play I pack in a mini for you :slight_smile:

Might be an interesting idea for a battlerager barbarian build haha😆

1 Like

Either a wild magic sorceress or a soul knife rogue, haven’t decided yet

2 Likes