I thought about running an one-shot Warhammer fantasy (2E) game of “A Rough Night at the Three Feathers” and looking for 3-5 players.
As this is an introduction game, no previous experience needed.
About the game/settings:
- This will be a dark and gritty fantasy setting, with a lot of references to European middle ages
- Chaos is not only an intangible concept, but a real threat. Outside of city walls, mutated animals and monsters threat mankind;
within civilization secret cultist spread corruption.
But you can do it as well by your vices.
- (Except if some players explicitly wants to pre-generate his character),
we will randomly roll for the character at the beginng.
So it is possible, we might have a thief/fighter/wizard/cleric party; but it can easily be “the adventures of the Ragpickers”
- Magic is rare and the folks are superstitious about it.
Hence even the smallest cantrips could frighten bandits
away, but it could also make the spellcaster as a target
for inquisitors and witch hunters
- By the way, spells could fail and fry the caster’s mind;
but too succesfull spells could summon the force of Chaos (and not necessarily on your side)
- Injuries might heal in days, weeks (or in case of missing body parts - not at all)
Time and location will be decided later, based on interest.