Wanting to try D&D Adventurers League

Hey,

I have lately seen alot of D&D story animations ( mainly Puffin Forest ) on YouTube but because of school work i didn’t have any time to start a new hobby, I finally have a bit more free time now and I’d like to try out D&D Adventurers League. I don’t really get how that works in Vienna tho. So I googled a bit and found this forum. I read that the AL is every friday in Cafe 1017. Can anyone please explain to me what I should know before joining a group there and how I join a group. And also why is everything here in english?

Please help a new Adventurer to get into D&D :slight_smile:

Thanks for any help!

Shun~

Edit: Also would there be any players around my age ( 16 ) at AL?

1 Like

Hey Shun and welcome to DnD!
Basically, we meet to play at the cafe once a week, but you don’t have to come every week. We play in English, that is why the posts are in English too. You’ll find a post on this website for this week, just reply to it if you want to come. I would suggest coming around 7pm so that someone can help you create your character, some players and dms are there even earlier.
We had three 15 year olds last week, however, I don’t know if they’ll come this week.

1 Like

Hey Michi,
thanks for the quick reply!

Do I need to prepare anything beforehand/do I have to bring anything with me?

Thanks for the help

Shun

Edit: I might come around this or next week then.

Generally the only things you need is a pencil, maybe an eraser, and if you have them some dice. If you don’t have any dice, don’t worry as we can easily borrow you some.

You can also create a character on your own or simply come around 30min early so that we can set you up.

Ok thanks ill just come a bit early so i dont mess something important up while creating a character.

Still post yourself in the topic please:3

What does “in the topic” mean?
Sorry if I did something wrong, new to the site!

no worries, you’ve done nothing wrong
what Resil means is that if you plan to come this week please announce yourself in the topic for this weeks meetup here

if you plan for next week, the topic for that probably is up on next monday maybe earlier, please post in the topic for that week

hope you’ll have fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh ok thx. Yeah I just didn’t announce myself yet because I don’t know if I can come yet.