(V.A.L.U.E.)* = V.A.L.U.E. we're not too complex after all - WoWKeepers

:point_right: location: WOW/Keepers. Holochergasse 53 , 1150, Vienna, Austria

Come one, come all to our weekly DnD 5e open games!

If you plan to be there make sure to let us know by posting the Tier of the adventure you plan to run or the Tier(s) of character(s) you plan to play.
If you are new make sure to check out our Houserules and our Guide.

Iā€™ll be there with Fluffyfoot to play RHoD.

PS: This time Iā€™m not sorry about the maths pun.

Tiers:

• T1 : levels 1-4
  • T2 : levels 5-10
  • T3 : levels 11-16
  • T4 : levels 17-20

Resources:

:point_right: New? Or got Questions about the location?

:point_right: Our D&D Houserules

:point_right: V.A.L.U.E. magic item bazaar (costs 5 Downtime Days for both trading characters, each)

:point_right: Discord for questions and stuff

1 Like

Eskel would love to join @BufoBufo & his comrades for the RHoD finale part 1, if there is enough space of course. Otherwise T1-4 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ll probably be there. Would love to play T1/T2.

Red Hand of Doom Returns

**This is currently T4. Players who played before have preferred Seating

@Alaadu @ThatGuyTed @Darthbinks @Arthilas @Takanari @Lux_Tenebraeque Please check the Downtime actions, as they are a big part of the next game. The city has three stats. Defense, Morale and Manpower. It needs all three to survive.

You can work together to share the load and the requirements for one of the Downtime actions, by sharing the days and money equally. If one the participants is proficient, both are considered proficient. The only exception is Calling Higher power, where up to three people can join. Additionally you have 12 additional Prep Days which function as downtime days for the purpose of doing downtime actions. Please tell me what downtime actions you want to do. You can do up to 5 downtime actions.

Note: This is T4. This might be very deadly (especially the finale). Player discretion is advised

Currently day 32

This Episode : The Last Fortress

Red Hand of Doom Explanations

Explanation

This is a small mini-campaign for V.A.L.U.E. that is open to new and recurring players. This small campaign will lead from T2 to T4 and is about a peaceful community facing a coming enemy. The setting is the Forgotten Realms.

Background

Elsir vale is a rather thinly populated 250 mile long vale. This frontier region has few large towns, the largest one being Brindol, which is also the capital of the region. This subtropical region is peaceful most of the time. However this is changing. Dark times are coming to Elsir Vale and enemy forces are amassing on the borders.

You are a special military unit from Brindol sent to investigate strange happenings in the border regions of the land. Are you prepared to face what is to come?

History

Elsir Vale lies along the Dawn Way, an important trade route. The first settlers of this land were dwarves that built a great kingdom in Wyrmsmoke and Giantshield mountains. Even now aqueducts and cisterns are present in the land. After this kingdom passed into the annals of history, humans began to settle the land, first druidic communities, later founding the kingdom of Rhaestilor. Two hundred years ago the kingdom was destroyed by a horde of goblins. Now the land is less centralized with the biggest powers being the cities of Dennovar and Brindol. There are also other communities such as Drellinā€™s Ferry, the Hammerfist Holds, Elsircross, Marthon, Nimonā€™s Gap and Red Rock

Current Downtime Activities

Defence

Rock On

Requires: 20 Downtime Days 2000 GP. Half if proficient in Masonā€™s Tools or being d dwarf.

You direct workers to fortify the walls and gates making them more resistant to siege engines and catapults. You may even improve on the structure and give your siege engines and archer more cover.

Reward: Increases Defence and Morale score a lot, and may grant archers additional cover

Poisons, Potions and Fiery Things

Require: 8 Downtime Days 1000 GP. Half if proficient in Alchemists Supplies

You and the Brewmasters of the city try to create the most vicious Poisons or beneficial potions, or massive alchemist firebombs to support the troops and weaken the siege engines of the Red Hand.

Reward: Increases Defence score and gives either high grade poison, potions of healing, or firebombs

Good Fire Insurance

Requires 4 Days and 500 GP. Half if proficient in Survival or Carpenterā€™s tools

You fireproof the walls and important buildings and create water stations in order to make sure that the city canā€™t be taken with fire, considering that a red dragon is coming.

Reward: Increases Defence and Morale score slightly and gives creates a military fire brigade

Home Alone

Requires: 10 Downtime Days and 1200 GP. Half with proficiency in Thiefā€™s Tools or Tinker Tools

You booby trap the area around the gates and several important streets to hinder or even hurt the Red Hand. From boulder traps to crossbow traps everything is possible.

Reward: Increases Defence score and can trap the area around the gates and the main street to support the troops.

You Just Activated My Trap Card

Requires: 8 Downtime Days and 1600 GP. Half with proficiency in Arcana and access to the Glyph of Warding spell.

You, the archwizard Immerstal the Red, and Setieren the Wise set our to create the meanest magical defences magic can create. All neatly packed into glyphs of warding. From fireballs to walls of stone. The magical world is your oyster.

Reward: Defence score increases and can trap the gate and 3 places of choice with glyphs of warding.

Shelter in Place

Requires: 4 Downtime Days and 400 GP. Half with proficiency in History, Carpenter Tools, or being a dwarf.

You reinforce several buildings in order to serve as shelters for soldiers during bombardment. This might save people.

Reward: Increases Defence score slightly. You can also give the order to shelter in place. If you have civilians left over you can shelter them there.

Morale:

Pre-Battle Propaganda

Requires: 10 Downtime Days and 600 GP. Half if proficient in Persuasion and either Calligrapherā€™s or Painterā€™s supplies or Performance

You tell everyone that the Red Hand is mortal and can be defeated and how you have done so in the past. This will lift the spirits of the people.

Rewards: Raises Morale and gives each troop 1d4 bardic inspiration on one of their battle rolls.

New Land for the Brave

Requires: 14 Downtime Days and 4000 GP. Half with proficiency in History, or the Noble background

You promise lands and new lives to the fighters in the army. This will motivate the poorer ones to fight even harder and with distinction in order to have a chance at a better life.

Reward: Increases Morale score a lot. Militiaā€™s gain can take a -5 to hit in order to deal +10 damage.

Inter-Cultural Exchange

Requires: 10 Downtime Days and 2000 GP. Half with History and Persuasion proficiencies or the Soldier background.

You unite the elvish archers and owlriders with the human militias and clerics and the dwarven infantry and bear cavalry. Training them to fight together and use each otherā€™s strengths and cover weaknesses.

Reward: Increases Morale score and if two units of different cultures fight side by side they both gain +1 to all their rolls.

No Mercy for Traitors

Requires: 8 Downtime Days and 800 GP. Half if proficient in Intimidation or Investigation

You root out corruption in your own ranks, taking those with ambitions of desertion to a court martial. This will lower your own troop strength but keeps traitors at bay.

Reward: Increases Morale, Slightly lowers Manpower. Removes any possible traitors and deserters from the army.

There is no City B

Requires: 6 Downtime Days and 500 gp. Half if proficient in Masons Tools or Intimidation.

You wall up any and all secret exits preventing the people to flee. This is a hard choice.

Reward: Decreases Morale slightly, Increases Manpower, Prevents people fleeing the city. Doesnā€™t work with evacuation plan.

Manpower

Extra Big Firepower

Requires: 10 Downtime Days and 2500 GP. Half if proficient in Carpenterā€™s Tool, Woodworkerā€™s Tools or Tinker Tools

You repair the old and build new ballistae and catapults and place on rooftops or the city walls. This will prove useful against enemies, especially the dragon.

Rewards: 1d6+4 Ballistae or 1d4+2 Catapults crewed and ready.

Everyone Who Can Wield A Sword

Requires: 10 Downtime Days and 2000 GP. Half if proficient in Persuasion and History or the Soldier or a similar background (Knight etc)

You train whatever civilians you can into militias in order to defend the city. This will make the city better defended but has the consequences that the militias are not as well trained.

Rewards: Raises Manpower score by a lot but reduces all rolls by militia by 1.

No Clerical Error

Requires: 8 Downtime Days and 1000 GP. Half if proficient in Religion or a Paladin or Cleric.

You prepare the clerics and priests of the local temples for a siege by either picking, 2 damaging spells, healing spells, or supporting spells.

Rewards: Increases Manpower and improves the clerics by allowing the players to choose 2 additional spells up to 3rd level (that do not require material components) that the cleric troop can cast.

Note: Cannot be used in conjunction with Calling Higher Powers (See Special Tab)

Weā€™re All In This Together

Requires: 8 Downtime Days and 1200 GP. Half if proficient in Stealth and Sleight of Hand or the Spy, Urchin Background, or Rogue Class

You contact the thieves and assassins of the city to help you. The city is in danger and perhaps some will feel enough goodwill towards the city to try and save it.

Reward: Increases Manpower score. Recruits the Assassin unit. Might have other consequences

Morally Neutral Necromancy?

Requires: 10 Downtime Days and 2500 GP. Half if possessing the spell Animate Dead, Summon Undead or Create Undead. Or have a Pact with the Ghostlord.

You teach some less scrupulous mages and clerics the secrets of necromancy. Together you go to the graveyard and raise the dead to fight for you.

Reward: Increases Manpower score, lowers Morale score. Creates 2 Undead units.

Special:

Know Your Enemy

Requires: 6 Downtime Days. Half if proficient in Stealth and Survival

You make an accurate guess of the Red Handā€™s army size and their strengths and weaknesses, perhaps even plans. This might not give you higher stats but it might help you decide how to position your troops.

Reward: Troop information and perhaps even battle plans.

Evacuation Plan

Requires: 4 Downtime Days and 300 GP

You evacuate all civilians in the city and the surrounding countryside to the next city. This hopefully reduces the number of casualties.

Relic Restoration

Requires: 14 Downtime Days and 3000 GP. Proficiency in Persuasion. Half if proficient in Smithā€™s Tools or Religion and History

You restore a relic of the Church of Lathander and either desecrate, keep it neutral or consecrate it. Gaining a powerful weapon.

Reward: One legendary weapon

Runes, Symbols and Geometry

Requires: 10 Downtime Days and 2000 GP and Proficiency in either Arcana or Religion or connection to a higher power (Warlock, Paladin, Cleric). Half if proficient Caligrapherā€™s Tools, Arcana, Religion, or 2 exotic languages fitting towards what you are trying to summon (Celestial, Sylvan, Abyssal, Infernal, Primordial)

You prepare a ritual circle for a grand ritual trying to summon something. You can decide if you wish to create a Binding Circle, an Empowering Circle or a Calling Circle. Depending of what you choose you can gain different rewards.

Rewards:

Binding Circle: All your summons last double the amount of time and you have advantage on keeping concentration on them.

Empowering Circle: You use a sacrifice to empower either yourself or your allies.

Calling Circle: You can conduct a ritual to call towards a higher power. Expanded in the Calling Higher Powers below.

Calling Higher Powers

Requires: Runes, Symbols and Geometry Downtime Action and using the Calling Circle. 45 Downtime Days and 35000 GP Discounted for each proficiency in Arcana, Religion and History up to half. Requires access to a higher power. Additional discount if proficient in Persuasion or Intimidation. A Sacrifice.

Your Circle I ready. If one party calls upon higher powers it is only fair that you do the same thing.

Reward: ???

5 Likes

Would love to join RHoD too.

Kalandros is interested in the ā€œNew Land for the Braveā€ and/or ā€œNo Clerical Errorā€ activity and could also help with Relic Restoration, Runes, Symbols and Geometry and with Calling Higher Powers.

Also want to play RHoD.

That 1 legendary weapon from relic restoration, is that your choice or our choice?

Some of the options itā€™s unclear to me how the grouping of and /or happens. I assume itā€™s meant as either (a set of proficiencies)or (a background/class)

How big is the city weā€™re defending?

Edit 1: then letā€™s go for calling on a higher power and the geometric circle needed for it. Iā€™ll help with that too.

Iā€™d also like to ethically raise undead. In my Canon I got raised by the lich after being brought there by the party. But I donā€™t have the spell means nor the pact to raise undead.

1. The Weapons and weapon type is predetermined. You restore a relic, and have three choices into what you restore it into. You wonā€™t get Blackrazor. The item will be unlocked but during the first adventure you will have only one. But you know beforehand what weapontype it is

2. Yes, if it says and it requires both, i.e persuasion and either calligrapherā€™s tools or performance. or it can only require one. You can talk to each other if you want to do things together.

3. It is the capital, so around 25,000 people but most of them are civilians. You have more or less 1250 soldiers and militia. More if you do certain downtime actions

1 Like

:saluting_face:

My T4 kobold will be there to join @BufoBufoā€™s RHoD

:dragon: wants to do

• Home Alone
  • Inter-Cultural Exchange
  • No Mercy for Traitors

ā€¦ plus 2 from the following list, depending what the others want to do

• Good Fire Insurance ā€¦ :point_left: ā€¦ there will be a very big red dragon, so someone has to do this
  • There is no City B ā€¦ :point_left: ā€¦ no discount for :dragon: ā€¦ but something that would fit his character
  • Everyone Who Can Wield A Sword
  • Weā€™re All In This Together
  • Know Your Enemy

edit 1: also :dragon: plans to sacrifice his banner of the Krig rune

edit 2: @Arthilas :dragon: could also help with Calling Higher Powers, if you wanna call ā€˜Bahamutā€™ for help

edit 3: @BufoBufo could we get a Downtime activity to train the cavalry to not go crazy, when :fire: & :dragon_face: show up?

Fluffyfoot can and will help out with some of the carpentry so heā€™ll take on:

Good Fire Insurance (if anyone is gonna burn down the city itā€™s gonna be him) and
Shelter in Place

Also more troops is more troops right? So heā€™ll also get in contact with the Ghostlord and raise some dead:

Morally Neutral Necromancy

In additon to those Iā€™m happy to help out with two of these:

No Mercy for Traitors
There is no City B
Pre-Battle Propaganda

Iā€™ll be there to play T1-3.

Since a lot of our normal DMs may be involved with RHoD, as a backup Iā€™ll prepare the first adventure from Dragonlance: Shadows of the Dragon Queen. Low T1.

2 Likes

I will be there for T1 with a +1. It will be my first time playing at RPG Vienna, my friendā€™s first time ever playing D&D. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Returning to the Red Hand of Doom,

Activities:

Rock On 10d

Poisons, Potions and Fiery Things 4d

Extra Big Firepower 5d

unless someone wants help (esp. toolsā€¦) or is sharing time

Iā€™ll be there with T1-T2 characters :slight_smile:

I will also join! Would prefer to play T1 or T2 but can play any tier. Maybe I will bring an adventure but I would prefer to play :slight_smile:

I will join as a Player (T1/2)

Hi, on a short notice (I decided for other plans and therefor) Garas was invited into an extradimensional castle to study and therefore cannot attend the battle. Because he dinā€™t like any disturbance (and the GM allowed so) he will support you before he gores because:
You Just Activated My Trap Card and he will used the improved Glyph of warding spell he was taught. Please tell him where he should place the 3 Glyphs.

If GM allows he can support Shelter in Place with his history knowledge.

So good luck everybody and Donā€™t fuck it up Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So @BufoBufo sorry it took me some time but i believe I found whatā€™s fits my PC with his history being part of 3 sessions on the past. Looking forward;)

1- Good Fire Insurance (proficient in Survival) (2 days). 250GP 2- Pre-Battle Propaganda (10 dyas). 600GP 3- Inter-Cultural Exchange ( proficiency in Persuasion & the Soldier background.) (5 days) 1000GP 4- Know Your Enemy (proficient in Stealth and Survival) (3 days) 5- Evacuation Plan (4 days) 300GP

I will be there to dm something t2 or play wherever someone will have me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will join too. T1/2

I wonā€™t make it but currently seeing 2 x folk via Meetup for T1.