The V.A.L.U.E. of the Things We Do for Power

:beers: there is a house rule of minimum two drinks of consumption per person!

Please post in this thread, should you plan to show up as a player / as a dm
and also the Tier of your game / characters you want to play

Tiers:

• T1: levels 1-4
  • T2: levels 5-10
  • T3: levels 11-16
  • T4: levels 17-20

Ressources:

:point_right: New to the Forum

:point_right: New to V.A.L.U.E. but not D&D

:point_right: V.A.L.U.E. magic item bazaar (costs 5 Downtime Days for both trading characters, each)

:point_right: Discord for questions and stuff

• if you are among the first 20 players to announce yourself but don’t have a character that fits with any table with available seating, we can’t guarantee you’ll find a table to play.
  • should we have > 24 players/dms, we sadly cannot guarantee you’ll find a table to play :four_leaf_clover:
  • :point_up: :point_up: we’ll always rule first-post-first-serve (except reserved spots for continuing games, if the playercount is higher than 20)
  • should we have > 4 dms, we sadly cannot guarantee you finding a table to dm :game_die:

will be there to continue @BufoBufo :japanese_goblin: (T2)
:dragon: will do the Hunting the Hunters downtime activity

I coming! T1-T3 and if possible with @BufoBufo but if not then any table will do! :smiley:

I’l be there to either (hopefully) join @BufoBufo (or DM something T1 or T2 if necessary).

I’ll take the leap this week and DM a T1 adventure to celebrate @Stracci’s birthday :birthday:

1 Like

I will dm the next part of the open for everyone mini-campaign Red Hand of Doom. People who played before have preferred seating. Please tell if you plan to join.
Currently T2 level 5-8

Red Hand of Doom Explanation

Red Hand of Doom

Explanation

This is a small mini-campaign for V.A.L.U.E. that is open to new and recurring players. This small campaign will lead from T2 to T4 and is about a peaceful community facing a coming enemy. The setting is the Forgotten Realms.

Background

Elsir vale is a rather thinly populated 250 mile long vale. This frontier region has few large towns, the largest one being Brindol, which is also the capital of the region. This subtropical region is peaceful most of the time. However this is changing. Dark times are coming to Elsir Vale and enemy forces are amassing on the borders.

You are a special military unit from Brindol sent to investigate strange happenings in the border regions of the land. Are you prepared to face what is to come?

History

Elsir Vale lies along the Dawn Way, an important trade route. The first settlers of this land were dwarves that built a great kingdom in Wyrmsmoke and Giantshield mountains. Even now aqueducts and cisterns are present in the land. After this kingdom passed into the annals of history, humans began to settle the land, first druidic communities, later founding the kingdom of Rhaestilor. Two hundred years ago the kingdom was destroyed by a horde of goblins. Now the land is less centralized with the biggest powers being the cities of Dennovar and Brindol. There are also other communities such as Drellin’s Ferry, the Hammerfist Holds, Elsircross, Marthon, Nimon’s Gap and Red Rock

Important Notes

• If you want to play a goblin or goblinoid such as a bugbear please tell me, because of story reasons.
  • This campaign contains a lot of goblinoids as enemies
  • This campaign has a victory point system where you can fail in a mission but still win the war
  • This campign is limited in time, meaning travel times might become important.
Downtime Activities

Emergency Room (requires proficiency in medicine or the healer feat)

War is coming and as a medic you know you have to prepare. Use your skills to prepare several ointments and other bandages to potentially help your comrades.

Hunting the Hunters.

Marauders hunt in to woods and you have given yourself the mission to hunt them down. It might save a poor farmer’s life someday.

Gathering Resources

The Red Hand is coming and you need to be prepared. People are trying to leave but it is unorganized. Can you organize the resources of the town.

Requisition Forms

Perhaps you need additional resources from the big city of Brindol. With the fastest horse you can make it there in time.

Smuggling for Fun and Profit

Some people want their goods out quick and nice. Some people are working with other criminal organizations. Perhaps you can also make some profit here.

Consultation Fee not Included.

You consult with Setieren the Wise, the local halfling wizard. Or you consult Mihani, the local sorceress for advice for how to best deal with the hobgoblins

Town of Drellin's Ferry

Town Council

• Norro Winston Mayor, wealthy landowner, constantly stressed
  • Sorrana Anitah Captain of the Guard, has seen some things, follows the mayor, responsible
  • Delora Zahn Old Adventurer, now Businesswoman, canny, hedging her bets
  • Kellin Shadowbanks Tavernowner, probably part of a criminal organization, loud negotiator,
  • Iromel Veil Not met yet

Townspeople

• Andre Drellin Not met yet
  • Old Man Jorr Old man in the woods, hates goblins, has a large crossbow and will shoot you
  • Brother Derny Priest of Lathander, not met yet
  • Setieren the Wise Wizard, very excited, will repeat words
  • Jarret Nurth Not met yet
  • Morlin Coalhewer Not met yet
  • Mihani Aranni Traveler Sorceress that deals in magical artifacts.
  • Paul, Morph, Anna, Corinna: Soldiers

In the Witchwood

• Druid Circle of Eth Helped you take down the bridge
  • Old Lady Gretel and Agatha Making their way towards Drellin’s Ferry, to relocate. Hags

Will be there to DM White Plume Mountain (Part 1), high tier 2 or tier 3 depending on what players prefer.

White Plume Mountain is a classic old-school dungeon crawl adventure - a very dangerous, potentially deadly one.
Three legendary weapons have mysteriously disappeared, and notes left behind hint towards something big beneath the always smoking volcano known as the White Plume Mountain. Are there brave adventurers, who want to stand up to the challenge, who accept the quest to investigate said volcano?

Due to the adventure’s length, I’ll split it up for two or three sessions depending on how quick you are with solving puzzles and defeating enemies.

In case I DM I would like to take the back table as I need space for battlemaps and materials.

(also, If you want and someone brings a bluetooth speaker, I’d like to provide some music for the adventure, but of course that only works if I can get the back table :slight_smile: ).

If I can’t DM for some reason, I’ll play T2-T4.

Will continue our Planescape journey if possible; otherwise play T1-T3

-BufoBufo T2 :japanese_goblin: (levels 5-8)
-Jackfruitchilly T1 :birthday:
-Lux_Tenebraeque T2 :wheel:
-Semako high-T2 or T3 :mount_fuji:

:point_right: dm-slots are kinda full :game_die:

(maybe we will get a 5th table, but that is unlikely)

I will join @Jackfruitchilli table :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like to join @BufoBufo mini campaign with Geras(hhhh) again.

1 Like

I’ll be back with Lux.

Ill come to play preferably at semakos table. can bring high T2 (nonoptimized build) or low T3(optimized). probably prefer T3 imo, but lets see what everyone else brings

1 Like

@BufoBufo’s table
dt activity as per last post in the other thread.

1 Like

I’m coming :slight_smile: looking forward to the 3rd session @BufoBufo

1 Like

I’ll be there to play:)
Maybe @ jackfruitchillis table

1 Like

Would absolutely love to join @Arthilas at his table, will bring lvl 7 and 11 characters and hope that works out

1 Like

Curious about the remake; I’m in for this one. Thank you.

1 Like

Would like to continue the clock campaign as there room

Will come to play my T2 (lvl9) Paladin.

If possible would love to join @Arthilas table

See you all there

1 Like