The V.A.L.U.E. of Snowmen

Id love to join @Lux_Tenebraeque again :slight_smile:

Hi, I will also be able to come and join Lux’s table

Ok, it seems we will be too many people, I will skip this week then, hope you have fun and see you maybe next week!

@dangerEn

you could still try … but there are no guarantees
(depends on which tables we get and esp. if we get a 5th table … although the latter one is unlikely)

Thanks, but the one I wanted to play at will already have 7 people, and also something else came up and I won’t be able to go because of that either, so… Don’t worry, have fun!

1 Like

I’d love to join any group that has a free spot with a Tier 1 or Tier 2 character.

Will be joining @mychemicaldeath’s table as they said they’ve still got space

@Mexikorn @Anti Thank you again for taking the plunge into a completely new system. I enjoyed myself tremendously (even if I stuttered my way through it at times).

From the newspaper “The Torch”:
Yesterday Captain Berenice Trell of the City Watch has presented evidence linking the attempted bombings at Tellwall Bridge to the Crimson Vigil sect. “The traitors could not refrain from marking the site of their failed crime.” Of the heroic knights who foiled this vicious act of terrorism she said: “Captain Belk and Baron Agenchek where instrumental in preventing a terrible tragedy. Our efforts to root out this malevolent conspiracy are assisted by a joint operation of the Order of the Thirsty Maiden and the Order of the Eyed Scepter.”
Lady Last-Light-of-Dusk, the apparent target of the Vigilite murder brigades has released a statement pledging any funds necessary to support the valiant protectors of the North Docks.

1 Like

@Arvee @Hamer @PatrickD @Kenta @Darthbinks @cryion
Thanks for playing and taking out the goblin camp at Castle Vraath and Wyrmlord Koth

• You found the invasion plans of the goblins
  • You are on day 3
  • A note

Koth, you shall wait in Vraath Keep until the main invasion force has crossed Skull Gorge Bridge from the Cinder Hills. Glory to the Kulkor Zul.
Azath Kul

You can do downtime activities costing 10 downtime days each. Such downtime activities can bring their own rewards. Please write me before if you do any of them, so that I can prepare them.

Bonding with the troops

Staying in Drellin’s ferry is long and sometimes boring. What better way than to bond with your fellow soldiers. That will surely raise morale and you might make some new friends.

Know your Enemy

You scout ahead of your troop, trying to find out more about the Red Hand and their troop movements. This might give you important intelligence .

The Lay of the Land (requires proficiency in persuasion, or Giant, or Sylvan)

You try to gather intelligence on the wood’s inhabitants which might help you in your missions.

Laying Traps

You can lay traps in the woods to hunt for the creatures in the woods and members of the army. This might deter Marauders in the future.

Emergency Room (requires proficiency in medicine or the healer feat)

War is coming and as a medic you know you have to prepare. Use your skills to prepare several ointments and other bandages to potentially help your comrades.

Consultation not Included.

You consult with Setieren the Wise, the local halfling wizard. Or you consult Mihani, the local sorceress for advice for how to best deal with the hobgoblins

3 Likes

@BufoBufo Thanks for the game. I ll join again next week if you ll have me. :wink:
When you say write you, what would be your preferred way of messaging you? PM here? Discord pm?

Both work, but i‘m faster on discord

@Jackfruitchilli @Janlocks @Pjotr @frogemiah

Thank you for the fun (and maybe slightly confusing) puzzling session!

As promised, Lord Larec paid your agreed upon wages in full. Each of you recieve 150 gp (75 for taking on the contract and another 75 for finishing it)

In addition to that you also found 2 magic items of which you may keep one.
You can choose between:

In addition to that you also unlocked some homebrew story awards:

Greg the Great:

You met the great Kuo-toa god… Greg - the door! While he is still stuck in the old sea elf ruins, the kuo-toa are still worshipping him as a deity, hoping to eventually pass through into the promised land behind his mighty gates.

You may now choose Greg as your deity of choice, when you are creating a pladin or cleric devoted to a god. (Keep in mind that this only work on my table - but I think most of the other DMs will probably be fine with your door-fairing ways - just make sure to ask first :ok_hand:)

A helm most broken:

You found a slightly broken helm of comprehend languages. While it was quite helpful during your adventure its less than ideal translations did also lead to some confusion. Unfortunately the helm was broken when it entered the anti-magic zone in the treasure room, snapping into two pieces.

You can spend 10 downtime days and 200 gp to take it to a magic item repair service and gain it’s full effects. (NOTE: This helm would only work on my table and would remain in its slightly confusing translation state)

4 Likes

By popular request, here are the haikus that @ladydoomdaddy and I wrote at @Lux_Tenebraeque 's table last night.

Haikus

Always lands the shot
Others can only look on
Quite the spectacle
Shakira my Queen
Hips and demons do not lie
I am just chilling
Time to write haikus
Beast of old slayed before me
My rolls unlucky
Mistress of the hunt
My Goddess of the forest
Slay, Queen Shakira
Lying down, oh no
Shakira throws the arrows
Melancholic thoughts
Will she save me though?
Lying down on the cold ground
Easier to pray
Standing all alone
Allies falling around me
Carrying the squad
Weight on her shoulders
Arrows flying fast and far
All looking to her
Hunter’s mark on foes
Almost guaranteed to hit
Sometimes she does miss
My throws contribute
Lux’s tower is def rigged
Low impact gamer
Paladins are weird
Strange and wonderous powers
Flying like the wind
Wandering in hell
Looking for missing ledger
Back to blue ogre
Man with amnesia
Fighting a devil death knight
What is going on?
Three throws of the dice
Add or multiply for score
Who wins in the end?
A knight needs a horse
Quickness takes over the beast
My turn is last, sad
Orphans by towers
Charisma does not help them
Childcare is no joke
Magic orange horse
Summoned to the depths of hell
Works as step ladder
Min-maxed character
Damage more than I can count
Really bad dad joke
How did he enter?
Ogre too big for office
Laws violated
Talking with a dog
Maybe he likes cats too much
Is that a fetch ball?
God-Dog gives us quests
Soon we die in agony
I am confusion
All this talk of souls
Headed back deep into hell
Do we have to go?
Until next Friday
Shakira, Queen, save us please
I don’t want to die
Game comes to a close
All wait for next week’s story
More haikus to come

1 Like

Ha! Who would have thought that rolling a Nat 1 could be beneficial :joy: thanks for the great adventure! All praise the mighty Greg!

3 Likes

Thanks @ThatGuyTed for the riddle riddled adventure. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Since I’m still quite new to the VALUE rules, may I bother you with a question or two?

• My character has two uncommon magic items in his possession atm, and he’s only allowed one by the rules. Is it possible to sell one in order to buy better mundane armor? Does this cost downtime days?
• If you sell items during downtime, do you get full gold or just a fraction of its worth from the sale? An uncommon magical item is supposed to cost between 100 gp and 500 gp. Do you always sell for the minimum, the average, or maximum? Or if it’s impossible to sell magical items, can you trade it for mundane gear?

Cheers
Pjotr

regarding your questions

• My character has two uncommon magic items in his possession atm, and he’s only allowed one by the rules. Is it possible to sell one in order to buy better mundane armor? Does this cost downtime days?

you cannot “sell” them
you could trade them here with other players tough
:point_right: V.A.L.U.E. magic item bazaar

it is about choice (and consequences)
so you could choose at every adventure, which magic item to bring
also later in higher Tiers, your character could bring more magic items to an adventure

1 Like

Thanks @Darthbinks ,
that actually clears up a lot for me.

@Tea007 @bernat @Arthilas @ladydoomdaddy @TiLoak @Col_Mustard_Ret
Thank you for the session!
You stumbled first into the machinations of rivaling planar merchants and in turn into the 2nd layer of Acheron, known as Thuldanin. Returning to the City of Doors you had drawn the attention of A’kin, owner of a small magic shopknown as “The friendly Fiend”, Currently you’re in good graces with the Planar Trading Consortion and the Balthazar Thames Detective Agency … at least until those talk to each other.

While the ship you found on the Thuldanin Gargoyle’s Scrapyard is derelict and in dire need for repair - though it might be a valuable resource, both as a vessel and as a lead to future contacts.

More immediatly you retrived from the remains for some of the scrapyards inhabitants
@bernat a Rod of the Pactkeeper
@TiLoak a Longswod+1 that seems to have some additional powers waiting to be unlocked
@Col_Mustard_Ret an Emerald Pen
@Arthilas a Number of Arrows of Slaying (Fiends / Celestials)

while @Tea007 received a larval worm from A’kin

1 Like

Exciting!
Thank you very much for DM-ing the very ambiguous adventure. :partying_face:
And you can bet that the downtime days will be spent to repair the funny translation helm.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.