The V.A.L.U.E of Rain

I see this as a personal challenge. You’re on.

I would like to join as a player T1/T2

I will also join T1-3

What level would you like us to make our characters?

1 Like

I’ll also come as player (T1-T3)

it is a T2 game … so you can create a character at level 5

(should you have DM-Rewards you could spend those to get more levels … T2 ends at level 10)

:point_right: see our D&D House Rules

Would love to join up, will come with a T1 and T2 character :relieved:

Red Hand of Doom Returns

This is currently T3. If you haven’t played before just make a T3 character and write me, if you have played before you have preferred seating, if you played before and haven’t reached T3, just remake your character at T3 if possible.
Currently day 30

This Episode 8: The Fane

Red Hand of Doom Explanations

Explanation

This is a small mini-campaign for V.A.L.U.E. that is open to new and recurring players. This small campaign will lead from T2 to T4 and is about a peaceful community facing a coming enemy. The setting is the Forgotten Realms.

Background

Elsir vale is a rather thinly populated 250 mile long vale. This frontier region has few large towns, the largest one being Brindol, which is also the capital of the region. This subtropical region is peaceful most of the time. However this is changing. Dark times are coming to Elsir Vale and enemy forces are amassing on the borders.

You are a special military unit from Brindol sent to investigate strange happenings in the border regions of the land. Are you prepared to face what is to come?

History

Elsir Vale lies along the Dawn Way, an important trade route. The first settlers of this land were dwarves that built a great kingdom in Wyrmsmoke and Giantshield mountains. Even now aqueducts and cisterns are present in the land. After this kingdom passed into the annals of history, humans began to settle the land, first druidic communities, later founding the kingdom of Rhaestilor. Two hundred years ago the kingdom was destroyed by a horde of goblins. Now the land is less centralized with the biggest powers being the cities of Dennovar and Brindol. There are also other communities such as Drellin’s Ferry, the Hammerfist Holds, Elsircross, Marthon, Nimon’s Gap and Red Rock

Current Downtime Activities

Downtime activities: Please do only one

I’m taking my Major in Evil (requires 10 downtime days, 2000 GP in supplies)
You train with the Ghostlord, in the art of evil necromancy and Lichdom. You have the choice of either:

• You can replace your Clockwork Sorcerer spells, with necromancy spells on a level up
  • You begin your studies in lichdom, maybe becoming a lich at the end of the story
  • Prepare a big surprise for the final fight

The other Downtime activities are (Note some of these will stay for a while, so if you can’t afford them now that’s fine):

Reuse, Reanimate, Recycle (requires 5 downtime days and 3000 GP)
You have a squashed and burned dragon skeleton and a skeletal behir. Maybe you can salvage something out of it. Reward: Depending on your luck, +X Bolts or Arrows, or even Bolts/Arrows of Slaying

Questioning Madness (5/10 or 15 for both Downtime Days, Proficiency in Arcana or History, 1500 GP in offerings)
You try and gain some information from the Ghostlord or his Lair. Perhaps there are some magical formulas lying around, or spellbooks from ~Tourists~. Otherwise you can try to ask him about the Fane of Tiamat. An adventure of its own.

Tomb Raider (requires 15 Downtime Days, 500 GP)
You prepare yourself to delve into dungeons and tombs, being better to evade traps and find hidden doors. Might be useful. Reward: Dungeon Delver Feat

Sneaky Business (Requires 10 Downtime Days, proficiency in Goblin and either access to Disguise Kit or disguising spells)
Perhaps you don’t want to storm the Fane and rather want to make a sneaky enterance. There are several Goblin and Hobgoblin identities just lying around. With a bit of creativity you might be able to sneak through the upper floors.

Masterwork (15 Days and 2000 GP Requires proficiency in Smiths tools, or Woodcarvers tools)
You improve one non-magical item, into an item that still counts as non-magical but is stronger than before.
Reward: +1 to attack and damage rolls for a non-magical item that will remain a non-magical item. That only counts for my table

Better Supplies (requires 10 Downtime Days and 350 GP per Potion)
You decide that your party need better equipment for the coming adventures. You can buy Potions of Greater Healing (4d4+4 Healing) at 350 GP a piece, at your local Ghostlord :).

Contact the Aranea (requires 7 Downtime Days and 1200 GP, Access to the spell Sending (Must not be prepared))
You use Mihani Arani as your contact, to give messages to the remaining Aranea in the area of the Wyrmsmoke mountains, perhaps to better locate the Fane of Tiamat or to throw sand in the gears of the goblin army.

Important Notes

• If you want to play a goblin or goblinoid such as a bugbear please tell me, because of story reasons.
  • This campaign contains a lot of goblinoids as enemies
  • This campaign has a victory point system where you can fail in a mission but still win the war
  • This campign is limited in time, meaning travel times might become important.
1 Like

:sun_behind_rain_cloud:

DMs (3):

-BufoBufo :japanese_goblin: T3
-frogemiah :mushroom: T2
-Unsniped :rescue_worker_helmet: T1

Players (14):

-Darthbinks :japanese_goblin: T3
-Lux_Temebraeque :japanese_goblin: T3

-Aladuu :mushroom: T2
-Col_Mustard_Ret :mushroom: T2
-Nox :mushroom: T2
-TheUglyGhostofEast :mushroom: T2

-katnyx :rescue_worker_helmet: T1
-PlushGoblin :rescue_worker_helmet: T1

-cat4laughs T1-T4
-jboimler T1-T4
-Otschi T1-T2
-Scorp T1-T2
-Stracci T1-T3
-Tea007 T1-T3

2 Likes

Nice! Thanks for the overview and considering us :bouquet: We are open for everything but definetly are curious about :mushroom::grin: we are very excited for tomorrow!

1 Like

@BrokeWizard @katnyx @Shutenugget

… so unless someone will dm T1, we will have 2 big tables
so It would be a good idea to show up with a T2 (level 5) character as well

cya :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can run a game as well, plans cleared up. Can be the t1 game for those who want.

2 Likes

I’d join Red Hand of Doom if possible, we still have some perishable ingredients randomly distributed… :slight_smile:

Hi,
i would love t1 but will create a backup t2 character tomorrow just in case. Might be good to have anyway :slight_smile: looking forward to it.

1 Like

hey you people!

just to write again, I am @frogemiah 's +1. I am a beginner so I would like to play Tier 1. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Guys. We are so sorry… we for some reason wrote down 1pm and stood in front of the door right now (our phones are on different time zones). Then we realized it is 7pm here and we already have a dinner planned. I am so so so sorry for then fuck up on our end. We have to switch to friday in 2 weeks. We were so excited :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

1 Like

@BrokeWizard @Shutenugget

no worries … see you in 2 weeks :+1:

looks like 3 tables (5/5/4) today

1 Like

Late because I only found out today but I will most likely go. T1.

1 Like

I may be a couple min late, we shall see how the train gods shine

@Andvar @Nox @cat4laugh @TheUglyGhostOfEast @Otschi @Col_Mustard_Ret
Thank you everyone for an exquisite game today, I had an absolute blast! :partying_face::sparkles:

You successfully, but chaotically managed to help Ainslee the wedding planner save the frog wedding from doom. Not only did you drop a whole crocodile on a stadium full of bugs, but you also made a cake and a crown of their remains. You dealt with the priest situation by crashing a squirrel party and impersonating their king. You tackled questionable topics and conquered questionable issues. The couple so far has remained happily married and is thankful for your assistance. :crocodile: :deciduous_tree: :beetle:

You all gain the following:

As for story rewards :open_book::

Story Rewards

@Col_Mustard_Ret gains “The Wrath of the Acorn King” :crown::chipmunk:

By replacing the Acorn King’s pompous self at the wedding, you angered his majesty and he now holds a grudge against you. You feel more cautious. You now have an advantage on perception rolls involving squirrels. Look behind you at all times, little sea Luminae.

@Nox gains “Jacob is not an average croc” :mans_shoe: :crocodile:

Though the crocodile you dropped wasn’t particularly fond of the soul (and bug body) crushing event, he feels indebted to you for introducing him to therapy. If you listen closely enough, you might just find him lurking in the river on your next missions.

@Andvar gains “You are your friends.” :two_women_holding_hands:t4: :rainbow:

You feel like spending so much time around little people truly does influence your emotions, not just internally. You feel like with a bit of effort, you could also change colours at your command, once per long rest.

@Otschi gains “You really are your friends!” :two_women_holding_hands:t4: :arrow_down:

Woah, you’re right. Spending time with little people does influence you and your growing (or scaling down) habits quite a bit. You feel like if you try hard enough, you could also shrink down a size smaller, once per long rest. How fun!

@TheUglyGhostOfEast gains “Favour of the Caterer” :woman_cook:t4::frog:

Your contribution to the cake preparations (aka. providing the entire cake yourself) is highly appreciated by the frog caterer community. As a courtesy for your incredible work, you have been invited to a baking competition, where you are gifted a funny looking spatula…hm.

@cat4laugh gains “I promise I don’t get distracted easily.” :sparkles: :rainbow:

“Wait! Where did it go? I swear I was just using it!” Is that something you can relate to? Well, now you can relate a bit more. The other crocodile snuck a beautiful fountain pen in your pocket. It is encrusted with brown crystals. You can’t quite tell what it does yet, but you can tell it keeps disappearing!

Please keep in mind these story rewards only work at my table!

Thank you all again for a splendid game!

See you soon! :partying_face: :sparkles:

3 Likes