The V.A.L.U.E. of Pastries

This week I could dm the 2nd pastry related investigation T1 adventure:
“Croissants & Corruption”

otherwise I would join as a player (T1-T4 characters)

Ressources:

:point_right: V.A.L.U.E. rules for new players

Item unlocks and their tcp cost can be found here.

Discord for questions and stuff

btw since the “pastry-adventures” are set in the area of Hillsfar in Faerûn,
Backgrounds from AL Season 3 would work well:

Cormanthor Refugee

• Skill Proficiencies: Nature, Survival
  • Tool Proficiencies: One type of artisan’s tools
  • Languages: Elven
  • Equipment: A two-person tent, artisan’s tools, a holy symbol, a set of traveler’s clothes, a belt pouch containing 5 gp
  • Feature: Shelter of the Elven Clergy
    The clerics of Elventree have vowed to care for the Cormanthor refugees. They will help you when they can, including providing you and your companions with free healing and care at temples, shrines, and other established presences in Elventree. They will also provide you (but only you) with a poor lifestyle.
  • Note: This feature is a variant of the Acolyte feature.
  • Lifestyle: Poor

Gate Urchin

• Skill Proficiencies: Deception, Sleight of Hand
  • Tool Proficiencies: Thieves’ tools, one type of musical instrument
  • Equipment: A battered alms box, a musical instrument, a cast-off military jacket, cap, or scarf, a set of common clothes, a belt pouch, and 10 gp
  • Feature: Red Plume and Mage Guild Contacts
    You made a number of friends among the Red Plumes and the Mage’s Guild when you lived at the Hillsfar Gate. They remember you fondly and help you in little ways when they can. You can invoke their assistance in and around Hillsfar to obtain food, as well as simple equipment for temporary use. You can also invoke it to gain access to the low-security areas of their garrisons, halls, and encampments.
  • Note: This feature is a variant of the Soldier feature.
  • Lifestyle: Poor

Hillsfar Merchant

• Skill Proficiencies: Insight, Persuasion
  • Tool Proficiencies: Vehicles (land) and vehicles (water)
  • Equipment: A set of fine clothes, a signet ring, a letter of introduction from your family’s trading house, and a purse containing 25 gp
  • Feature: Factor
    Although you’ve left the day-to-day life of a merchant behind, your family has assigned you the services of a loyal retainer from the business, a factor, husbanding agent, seafarer, caravan guard, or clerk. This individual is a commoner who can perform mundane tasks for you such as making purchases, delivering messages, and running errands. He or she will not fight for you and will not follow you into obviously dangerous areas (such as dungeons), and will leave if frequently endangered or abused. If he or she is killed, the family assigns you another within a few days.
  • Note: This feature is a variant of the Noble Knight’s Retainers feature.
  • Lifestyle: Wealthy

Hillsfar Smuggler

• Skill Proficiencies: Perception, Stealth
  • Languages: One racial language
  • Tool Proficiencies: Forgery kit
  • Equipment: A forgery kit, a set of common clothes, a belt pouch, and 5 gp
  • Feature: Secret Passage
    You can call on your contacts within the smuggling community to secure secret passage into or out of Hillsfar for yourself and your adventuring companions, no questions asked, and no Red Plume entanglements. Because you’re calling in a favor, you can’t be certain they will be able to help on your timetable or at all. Your Dungeon Master will determine whether you can be smuggled into or out of the city. In return for your passage, you and your companions may owe the Rouges Guild a favor and/or may have to pay bribes.
  • Note: This feature is a variant of the Sailor feature.
  • Lifestyle: Modest

Secret Identity

• Skill Proficiencies: Deception, Stealth
  • Tool Proficiencies: Disguise kit, Forgery kit
  • Equipment: A disguise kit, a forgery kit, a set of common clothes, a belt pouch, 5 gp
  • Feature: Secret Identity
    You have created a secret identity that you use to conceal your true race and that offers a covering explanation for your presence in Hillsfar. In addition, you can forge documents, including official papers and personal letters, as long as you have seen an example of the kind of document or the handwriting you are trying to copy.
  • Note: This feature is a variant of the Charlatan feature.

Shade Fanatic

• Skill Proficiencies: Deception, Intimidation
  • Tool Proficiencies: Forgery kit
  • Languages: Netherese
  • Equipment: A forgery kit, a transparent cylinder of shadow that has no opening, a signet ring, a set of fine clothes, and 15 gp
  • Feature: Secret Society
    You have a special way of communicating with others who feel the same way you do about the Shade. When you enter a village or larger city you can identify contact who will give you information on those that would hinder your goals and those would help you simply because of your desire to see the Shade Enclave return in all its glory.
  • Note: This feature is a variant of the Criminal feature.

Trade Sheriff

• Skill Proficiencies: Investigation, Persuasion
  • Tool Proficiencies: Thieves’ tools
  • Languages: Elvish
  • Equipment: Thieves’ tools, a gray cloak, Sheriff’s insignia (badge) a set of fine clothes, and 17 gp
  • Feature: Investigative Services
    You are part of a small force outside of Hillsfar. You have a special way of communicating with others and they seem to be at ease around you. You can invoke your rank to allow you access to a crime scene or to requisition equipment or horses on a temporary basis. When you enter a town or village around Hillsfar you can identify a contact who will give you information on the local rumors and would help you simply because of your desire to get answers and information for anyone wanting to disrupt trade.
  • Note: This feature is a variant of the Soldier feature.

you do not have to take them … I just wanted to mention that they exist

Coming to play T 1-4.
Would love a higher tier tho.

I am currently re-building a T3 module … but that still needs some time

I’ll probably be there. I’ll take a T2+ adventure with me, otherwise I’ll join @Darthbinks investigation into cremé-inal activities

2 Likes

I‘m not 100% sure if I make it and have no time to prep anything. Therefor will join as a player T1-T3

More food? Brodac can’t miss that! Especially with his new spice pouch.

Moss with a bit of salt and just a hint of Ras el-Hanout sounds delicious!

I’ll be there.

I will be there
If possible I’d like to continue @Darthbinks pastry adventure
Edit: sadly I have to cancel today, I hope you all have fun

I will be there too with T1-T3 characters.

I would like to do a test run of a game with time-limit during battle. So let me know if any of you are into experiments this week :slight_smile: If we have >3 players interested I’ll bring T1 adventure along.

Otherwise will bring my T1/T2 charachters and happy to join any table.

Kathi and me would like to join a T1 table if possible. We cant decide whether yummi pastries or fast-paced action sounds more intruiging, thus would be happy to join either/any table :slight_smile:

I’m coming this week. I’m very flexible and can dm t1,2 or play :slight_smile:

I’ll try to come, but no promises! T1-2 player

I will join as well and drag my wife with me :smiley:
both T1

Awesome, long time no see Berndi! Hope we end up on a table together!

1 Like

Hi

:sun_with_face:

dm or player:
@BufoBufo (dm: T1-T2; player: T1-T3)
@cat4laugh (dm: T1-T2; player: T1-T2)
@Darthbinks (dm: high T1; “Croissants & Corruption” / player: T1-T4)
@SilentButDeadly (dm: T1 “Time-Limited Battle Experiment”; player: T1-T2)

players:
@Nepu (T1-T2)
@PatrickD (T1-T3)
@Resil (T1-T4)
@Arthilas (T1-T3)
@ThatGuyTed (T1-T3)
@BerndiSterndi (T1) … is joined by another T1
@Tiero (T1) … is joined by another T1
also @Streamobert (T1-T2) will show up maybe

as of now looks like 2 dms with 5/6 players each … maybe 3 tables if more people show up

Keep in mind that you need to have been jabbed 21+ days ago or have a valid test to be able to enter.
Normal 3G Rules apply.

cya

Sadly I have to cancel today, so maybe that makes it easier?

oh too bad :frowning:

and no worries that’s just for planning/organizing

take care

Should I be dming my game would be called “freshest of waters” and it’s flexible to be either t1 or t2