The V.A.L.U.E. of BLACK SABBATH

:house: location: Sägewerk, Währinger Straße

Post below if you are coming - all tables are open. Players of any level of experience are welcome.

Please indicate in your post:

• Do you come to DM or play?
  • Which Tier is your game or character

Tiers:

• T1 : levels 1-4
  • T2 : levels 5-10
  • T3 : levels 11-16
  • T4 : levels 17-20

Resources:

:point_right: New to the Forum

:point_right: Our D&D Houserules

:point_right: V.A.L.U.E. magic item bazaar (costs each of the trading characters 5 Downtime Days)

:point_right: Discord for questions and stuff

T1 or T2 - good in observing and research something, not so strong in fighy - just ask for help with leveling to next level before game Reward? Illustrated comicsed diaries from your game caught with eyes of my char :slight_smile:

i will be there with T1-3 characters

Is the point and click adventure continuing @Freifraeulein?

1 Like

Wow, this is an empty Forum page :sweat_smile:

I will be present and hereby announce that I can DM my Mythological Egypt module or run an adventure in The Mudlands. Both are homebrew and both happen within my own setting of Faerûn. You can essentially decide to either join Set or Horus in a game of Gods (Mythological Egypt → dungeon crawl) or you start to liberate a strange place that has long been left to its own devices (The Mudlands → exploration & combat & engaging with underdog society)

If anybody is interested, I will be there and take my supplies with me. Any unsupervised players that look for games can be hoovered up by my table if need be.

Both adventures are T2 but I am known to not care about the specifics that much. Bring whatever, the challenge will be as advertised.

1 Like

Will be there to wrap up the Vampire adventure from last time - T2, but we can probably take in T1s, too. :slight_smile:

Shouldn’t we be enough from last time, I have a different T1/T2 adventure prepared or can join as a Player for either tier.

Looking forward to seeing you all there~

Edit: Nox is coming, too, joining my table.

Hi there,

another event has jumped on this Sat, so I apologise, I can’t come.

I would love to join with a T2 preferably but ill also bring a T1 if that’s that works better

I’ll be there to continue the game from last time. Looking forward to how this develops!

The +1 and myself are joining again.

Another adventure within the MUDLANDS has been played by a group of intrepid heroes. This time a combat & roleplay heavy stint into the Horror House was experienced by the characters “Mark”, the woodelf rogue, “Bruce” the reborn-goliath barbarian and “Dharaxas” the half-komodo dragon plague doctor.

An altercation in a sunlit field of marigold flowers (with butterflies throughout) kicked us off with a Wight, missing his heart and unsuccessfully trying to find a replacement. The foreboding Horror House brought forth a piece of the Mudlands’s mind for the adventurers to choke on as the bedlam took its course. Then, “absolutely nothing whatsoever happened”. Really. Absolutely nothing of note happened, I swear. It’s true.

Also, a level 7 wizard character who was thought to be lost, has been rescued and may now return to his rightful owner @Tiero Yes, the Mudlands saw it fit to let go of this prize for “no reason whatsoever”.

As session rewards, all participating heroes gain: 1 level up & 10 downtime days.

Also, 1 pick from the following Mudland-specific rewards:

• 2-handed shears of cutting mind (Simple weapon, +Str mod to hit, 1d12 + Str mod of psychic damage)
  • 1 Potion of Magic Missile (use a bonus action to fire off a lvl1 Magic Missile on each of the drinker’s turns for the next 1 minute)
  • Oven Door “fire shield” (+2 AC and is made from fire immune material → does NOT grant fire immunity to the wielder but can be used to block off furnaces, fire spouts, pillars of flame and the like)
  • Ring of Mind Shielding

The regular T2 rewards can also be picked from instead of the setting specific loot:

• Brooch of Living Essence (from the Horror House with love)
  • Lantern of Revealing
  • Pipes of Haunting
  • Ring of Warmth

I heartily enjoyed playing through this content with you. Actually felt really alive and like an organic adventure in the best sense especially because the themes were adult. Congratulations to the players for really roleplaying it up and, as a result, getting the sought after reward from the DnD Session they wanted to partake in :smiley:

Is there a specific reason why the ring of mind shielding isn’t in the normal value rewards?

Yes. And it’s because I wanted 2 distinct loot tables that are mutually exclusive. Homebrew is not for general use in AL. And as you can imagine, that is not a standardized item.

Ring of Mind Shielding not standardized? it’s in the DMG (pg. 191) … if it is different then that one you might want to give it a different name to avoid confusion :smiley:

I’ve given it out before, so should be fine

Hey. Thank you for the replies, but I did not actually think that people would have so many questions about this.

There is a homebrew section and a standard loot section. It kind of goes without saying that anything in the homebrew loot table is not standard and that the standard rewards are not homebrew. At least, to me that is a clear enough division.

I’m not annoyed or anything, but it seems no matter what I had done, people would have found a way to be confused about this :confused:

The division into standard VALUE loot and homebrew loot is fine and more than obvious enough, no issue there :slight_smile:

What caused confusion here is that you named a homebrew item a “Ring of Mind Shielding” when there is an official item with the same name. Changing the item’s name would be a good idea to resolve that, it would also help whoever is choosing the item avoiding confusing it with an official reward later down the line and e.g. using it on a different table or trading it for a standard VALUE item.

Makes sense, but given that nobody else other than the players that participated in the session would know WHY that innocuous little item is in the homebrew section, it makes for a continuation of flavour. Also…nobody else really needs to know this…because nobody else played in that session. I know, sometimes it looks like “a rookie mistake, surely he meant it differently!” but no. That was intentional^^ and it prompts the players to ask “why is this in the homebrew section?” so then I can explain without giving too much away. It’s all part of the game.

This, sadly, has attracted more attention that I thought this post would gather. Given the way I wrote the summary, you can all infer that “there’s something fishy about this whole thing, isn’t there?”

And you would be correct.

The Crimson Infestation has been vanguished (or has it?). All thanks to the heroic efforts of Cliff the Drow (@Crow ), Little Johnny and his trusted canine companion (@Potifex ), Lucky the Tiefling Jack-of-all-traits (@Janlocks ), Kekri the grand hero Dragonb- Kobold (@Nox ), Odith the Barbarian and, until their mysterious disappearance, A.J. the Yuan-Ti (@truecrawl) and Vilo, the Kobold Bard. (Whew.)

Rewards for Part 1: Everyone receives 10 Downtime Days, +1Lvl and a Bag of (Garlic) Holding. For all extents and purposes and other tables a regular Bag of Holding, it however additionally holds a night endless supply of Garlic. (Ask other DMs before starting their games whether you’re allowed this perk at their tables.)

Rewards for Part 2: Again, 10 Downtime Days, +1Lvl and your choice of either a…

Cloak of Billowing

or

Bloodstone Spellgem

or

Hat of Vermin (Reflavored to a lock of hair of a certain vampiric menace)

Thank you for joining this whacky double-one-shot adventure, everyone.