The Settlers of Catan

The Sperlhof would take me the longest to get to – which is not a dealbreaker, in any way, since it’s right on the U-Bahn. And since, as I said, I am sure we will do this again, we can try all of them.

But I confess to being interested in the menu at SpielBar. I’m wondering what passes for TexMex here in Austria. And the Sperlhof seems to have a VERY limited menu. But it’s also getting close to dinner time so I am more inclined to make decisions with my stomach,

[quote=“Neil”]I played this about 2 years ago. One session in German (and my German was much worse than it is now!) and predictably I didn’t “get” it.

But, I keep hearing and reading about it everywhere. Could someone sum it up for me and tell me why it’s really that good?[/quote]

Maybe this will help you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3WJTlDa7oo

I was just about to post the same link.

I am so glad to find I am not the only one in Austria who loves Wil Wheaton.

[quote=“Siobhan”]I am so glad to find I am not the only one in Austria who loves Wil Wheaton.[/quote]I remember finding him quite cute as Wesley Crusher on Star Trek: TNG, and he somehow managed to stay cute.

Strange thing is, I think they played it missing a rule.

IIRC, if someone rolled 7 and you have more than 7 resource-cards, you’d have to loose some of those.
Maybe they just glossed over that?

I was wondering about that, I remember a rule about having to keep your hand low, but I didn’t see it here.

They seem to have missed that one, they also showed a tie for longest road (when both had five in a row) which wouldn’t happen either.

House rules? But back to our game… where and when?

Yeah, it was quoted as tie, but I think only Will got points for it, as he had the longest road first, as would be custom according to the rules I remember.

I don’t really care where, but with Brot & Spiele we would only have around 3 hours of gaming, I’d like it to be a bit longer. And we should probably reserve a table once we’re set on a location.

Why not the Sperlhof at 4-4:30? Philip, could you call, weil du deutsch sprechst?

I was expecting that it’s me who has to call :wink:. But I’m confused, I thought the Sperlhof is out of the race (for now) because of the limited menu.

I said I preferred the other, but I also said I didn’t mind. What do you and Simon want?

I’d love to check out the Sperlhof, seems to be quite “unique”:

Yes, they also have larger tables.

But let’s wait what Simon has to say.

[quote=“Philipp”]I’d love to check out the Sperlhof, seems to be quite “unique”:

Yes, they also have larger tables.

But let’s wait what Simon has to say.[/quote]

Not much, my friend…

I don’t know any of these places and have no preferences… As long as I can get a cup of hot cocoa and some of fine sheep to finish my road I shall be content…

so 4pm at Sperlhof?

So it’s a table for four at 4pm.

The interesteing thing at sperlhof is that you still can pay in Schilling there. :slight_smile:

Make it 5 please. I’m not completely sure I can show up yet, but I will do my best.

Cheers,

• D