Second D&D campaign!

I was asking because Patrick Rothfuss is a member of AIā€¦

I am watching Path on twitch, "burning wind ( they play a game like ā€œthe name of the windā€ :slight_smile: ), i canā€™t achieve everything :slight_smile:

Hi :slight_smile:
Iā€™m new in the forum, and if thereā€™s an open spot iā€™d love to join.
Iā€™ve been playing (and dmā€™ing) d&d 5e for about a year now, but iā€™ve been playing p&p for quite some time longer (started nearly 2 decades ago with The Dark Eye, and some WoD/NWoD during the last ~12 years)
I have not gamed much in english so far, but at least i tend to write my stories (background for characters mostly) in english :smile:

my name is Marcel and iā€™m a 33 year old software engineer, in case anybody cares about that

2 Likes

Greetings Marcel :slight_smile:

Youā€™re the first one here :stuck_out_tongue::grin:

Well, it seems like we have a good party assembled already!

I have absolutely no problems with Beginners, Kvothe. As a matter of fact, I only started playing around february this year and this will be the second time I start to DM Mines of Phandelver already - I believe you will get the hang of it very quickly! :smiley:

And hi to you too, Tersidian!

Concerning character creation for this campaign: Should I bring a few generated choices or will you rather be creating your own characters? Maybe we could even get the old character foundry running againā€¦

1 Like

I will probably prepare my character based on the party composition to try and answer any gapā€¦

1 Like

I was planning on doing the same.

2 Likes

I will try to prepare my character :slight_smile: I am reading right now, how does it worksā€¦

Another beginner here interested :slight_smile:

Should we have our characters prepared beforehand!? :hushed:

EDIT:

@Parsley Iā€™d gladly take one of those generated ones for my first run! :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, Bianca is the boss, but we could always have a ā€œsession 0ā€ to discuss our various ideas and maybe prepare the characters together. That way the more experienced players can help the less experienced onesā€¦

1 Like

Kvote, any general idea (in terms of race and class or role/archetype?)
Kvote? Iā€™d say heā€™d be an alchemist with high charisma and the performer background. Maybe some multiclassing in rogueā€¦

A session zero sounds like a great idea actually. Especially for the complete newbies, as you mentioned, Simonā€¦

And welcome to you too, @agnosias91!

Maybe we could get rolling with a session zero as soon as next week? This week my schedule is killing me already, sadly.

1 Like

Should we get a doodle running?
I can start one if you are busy

1 Like

A doodle sounds like a good idea.

Oh, that would be lovely of you, @Simon :smile:

This is good idea, but i am thinking about ā€œBARDā€ with charisma and inspiration, i wanna play him like spellcaster, i donā€™t no wich race, but i know that must be a funny guy with lot of funny songs and storys :slight_smile:

Session zero sounds relly good :slight_smile: i didnā€™t understand doodle running?!?
And Simon i had realized that actually your opinion is something like mine, but without word ā€œBARDā€ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Always happy to obligeā€¦

http://doodle.com/poll/7g578g6b5tihddms

1 Like

Ha!

But Kvothe does not use his music in combat or to cast magic! So he is not a bard, just a guy that can play music!

Of course, your Kvothe would be a different Kvothe, so playing a bard is perfectly fine if it is what you wantā€¦