Open DnD 5e V.A.L.U.E. games, @1070 New adventures and newly dead adventurers

Sorry I always understood the table in a way that you can’t buy an item before the tier. At the moment the rules say nothing about a restricted use. If the rules meant this way they should be explicit about it. If the rules are changed in this way I’m fine with it even if I find it very strange then if you can find and keep the items earlier. And my ranger just leveled up to 10 so I’m still T2.

you get to keep it, you just can’t use it fully untli you reach the apropriate tier, the thing is the whole tcp and buy thing was designed after the adventures before DDAL08-01

the whole magic item guidance for adventure writers has changed during that time period a lot, so you can find items before you are officially allowed to use them (or with AL rules even keep them), you even can find some items that AL would completely disallow, which VALUE does not

1 Like

Okay fine with that. One more question. In Season 9 Legendary Items can be only used by T4 chars. Maybe this would be also to take in account at the moment VALUE allows is already for T3. Does VALUE still allow to use downtime to catch up?

VALUE allows them for T3 and personally I’m fine with that, T3 is where the shenanigans usually start and let’s be honest we rarely have T3 tables (once so far if even that) and T4 is still far off as it will need at least 3 players to actually progress there to be even a consideration

as far as downtime: I’m pretty sure we did not put downtime into the player rewards in the VALUE rules, so basically there is no downtime “currency” anymore

Downtime is such a weird system that I think it is easier to just not use it. If you want to do anything that requires downtime, I’d be happy with just gold cost (e.g. 250gp per language, tool etc).

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.