List of DnD friendly places in Vienna

Nice place. Maybe a bit hazardous - we got freaking tear-gassed there once while playing games - but otherwise great!

:open_mouth:

As an alternative I could host a table (for up to 5 players) in my domicile near Westbahnhof (HanglĂŒĂŸgasse 4) once a week (either friday or sunday would be fine). I can’t provide food and libations on a regular basis, though.

@Pjotr
playing at home is likely better for home campaigns (or oneshots)
V.A.L.U.E. games are “open games”, so it’s likely you don’t know everyone who is at your table
(also made for > 1 table)

it is still your decision 
 just saying^^

@Darthbinks I‘m aware of the fact. Just wanted to chip in, in order to mitigate the 1070 crisis. :wink:

1 Like

Hey, what doesn’t kill you makes a good anecdote.

When I went to a mini painting night at Paradice they said they could host D&D on Fridays but with only two (quiet large) tables. Maybe DMs could go for free in this case (not yet discussed) but because of the limitation of tables I didn’t further investigate that option. They would be certainly interested in open tables where maybe also other untested players can join (after registration which is quite commmon that they’re place for events with limited capacy.

I would think they would be interested to host our big group of people, it attracts more customers to them. Each of the tables could host 2 groups, they are long enough to work separately too.

The problem was on Fridays they have already another established event do D&d would be just an edition not a replacement.

Ahh ok

Café Benno would be a tip as it is stacked with board games and people playing them all night anyways.

I can contact them if you’d like :slight_smile:

Having checked out some places, it appears that Pickwick (Marc-Aurel-Straße 10-12, 1010 Wien) and Fladerei Salzgries (Salzgries 15, 1010 Wien) both work pretty well for afternoon games.

Both were tested 1300-1730 on Saturday and it worked fine - both were starting to get busy as we left so not sure Friday/Saturday evenings are viable - to be confirmed.

Pickwicks is also less busy on a Sunday night, so could also work then.

Testing continues, will report back about other locations.

1 Like

God, Pickwick xD You’re old when you used to rent English VHS tapes from there xD

1 Like

I was at Siren games today to check out some dnd gaming supplies. As I was already there I took the opportunity to talk to the store manager about the possibility of us playing there on a regular basis. As is, the location doesnt look good for us. For one their opening hours are only till 19:00, with the only exceptions being 21:00 on wednesdays and 18:00 on saturdays. They dont open on sundays.

When I tried talking them into perhaps having longer opening hours on fridays, with the argument that they would have a lot of potential customers on a regular basis, they said that wouldnt be possible, as A.) they arent permitted to open past 21:00 since they are a officially a store, not a bar ect. and B.) it wouldnt be profitable to them, even with a lot of potential new customers.

1 Like

Thanks for chasing that up, even if not the best answer.

Also to report - the terrace of Burger Bros at Landstrasse Saturday 1300-1700 worked ok - good space, quiet but it is open-air so after 4 hours I was chilled. Could be good for a better weather window (not too hot, not too cold).

I was dining at SĂ€gewerk today. (WĂ€hringerstr. 22) Took the opportunity to talk to the staff there about the possibility of playing there on fridays. As it happens they are dnd players themselves. Playing on fridays there should work. They dont seem to be overly full on fridays, it is spacious, they are open till 02:00 in the morning and you can eat and drink there. All it would require is for us to reserve the tables a few days beforehand and for us to consume a little bit. I talked to them about that specifically, they dont need everyone to consume something, if you go there to play and only drink a glass of water thats fine as long as it evens out. I assume that will work out, when I go to play in cafe zehnsiebzig i oftentimes drink 4-5 drinks myself. It could be a bit noisy on friday in the evening as they are a bar/restaurant but from talking to them i dont think it will be worse than cafe zehnsiebzig.

I think its worth checking them out and giving them a chance. If the community is on board Id like to have our next VALUE session there and see how it works out.

8 Likes

sure :+1:

I advise that you and some other players test this with one group first (before sending in the horde^^)

have fun and great rolls :game_die:

1 Like

I actually walked by there yesterday and thought it looked nice as well! Thank you for arranging this.

2 Likes