Go east to find V.A.L.U.E (Feb 23rd)

Hey cant make it tonight for play, a damsel in distress requires my aid. Depending on how things develop however, I might still drop in for a beer =)

@Arthilas

Yup! We’re starting late tonight (7:30), but I will be there earlier than that to catch up all new folk (and any who haven’t played in a couple of sessions) on where we are.

2 Likes

Ook :smiling_face:

I am sorry my arrival will be delayed (few minutes), I missed my tram, but on the way🙈

To all the players at my table: It was an absolute pleasure to DM for you! You have actually finished the entire module in 1 session and for that I commend you. You have achieved the best outcome, triggered the least traps and got done what you were sent to do in the best time. Wonderful effort, give yourselves an applause.

The rewards are as follows: 1x level-up for your character, 10x Downtime Days to use whenever and however you want. And 480 gold pieces.

Magic loot: (every character gets to pick 1 of these)

• Bag of Devouring
  • Dimensional Shackles
  • Battering Shield
  • Staff of the Spider

Storywise, Set has taken over Osiris’ tomb and has begun to terraform Egypt into his idealized version which he will proceed to rule over. Horus can eat his own shoe in anger at having lost the Godly Game. The office in Memphis welcomes you all back and records your achievement. They are actually all surprised that every single one of you came back. Seems like the people in Memphis were expecting casualties…

Set might be interested in having you lot work for him again. Until then, he wishes you an adequately comfortable night. And Sekhmet would enjoy making your acquaintance, once she is no longer a vase that is used to collect dust.

Thanks for playing! -Atanen -Janlocks -Isatriel -Cospitularia -Slabby -NadenSall

2 Likes

You can message me if you have any questions or thoughts on the adventure. I am really appreciative of your experiences that reach me, seeing as I am the author of the homebrew module. Please let me know how everything was for you.

1 Like

Thanks to Mischief - @schwick , Sare - @Lobster , Guthrock - @Evil_Danvil , Eris - @IrisIris2000 and Dharax - @Dharaxas for getting involved in the Battle of the Be(ast)damns - leading to Gabby the Turkeys unfortunate demise and Lil’ Johnny the Cavebears emergence into the limelight.

After meeting the merchant Lufo, our plucky band of knaves were engaged to go to Torre del Mago and make sure Gabby the Turkey (five time champion) was unable to compete in the upcoming Battle of the Be(ast)damns - not fatally, just a brief unplanned holiday. Setting out along the coast aboard the Mis Fit with Edwige the Bewhiskered and crew, our band played cards, brewed potent tea and generally increased the crews existing good opinion of them. In conversation over cards they heard that the Battle of the Be(ast)damns is the source of all the best new insults and that everyone on the crew except the captain had figured out Lufo was besotted with Edwige. They arrived off the coast and were rowed ashore with a promise to be along the following night at sundown.

Hiking over a rocky spur to Torre del Mago our band arrives their late, makes their way to the Smockingbird tavern and then proceeds to incite the most roistering, rolicking night of carousing the village has ever seen. Waking up on rooves and seeing the sun rise in beached shipping boats our exhausted band partakes of Dharaxus gingery hangover cure before hiking around to the old garrison where the Band of the Rump laired. Effecting entry under the cover of the ongoing carousing of the Band of the Rump, they easily make it to Gabbys residence on the tower top before a flaw in their exit plan brings the dome and tower top down into the main hall, Gabby and band with them - to fatal effect for Gabby.

The furious Band of the Rump insist that a replacement for their champion Be-damner, compounded by their capture of Lufo who had been trailing the band.

Agreeing to this, the band hikes back to Torre del Mago to get nets and directions to Lil Johnny the Talking Bears lair, setting off for it immediately. Near the ruins, deep in the swamp the band is ambushed by a Sleech that bites off all of Dharaxus with a first bite but is then driven off and slain by the rest of the band. Arriving into the ruins the party finds a very grumpy Lil Johnny who demands to be left alone but is pummelled into submission and hauled back to the Band of the Rump to trade for Lufo.

After a day slogging about the swamp the band misses their appointment with the Mis Fit and overnights once more in Torre del Mago, launching another grand carouse that leads to Eris waking up married to one of the local tabaxi. Bringing them along, the band returns home to the Golden Cockerel with coin enough to replenish the wine and food stocks for a little longer.

Word comes sometime later that a furious Lil Johnny’s brutal insults swept the Battle of the Be(ast)damns.

You all net 22 gold and 9 silvers into your pockets from your payment from Lufo and the treasures you ‘reclaimed’ from Lil’ Johnnys lair.

Anyone who wants to add a write up of their adventure to the campaign log gets inspiration for their next Brancalonia adventure.

2 Likes

Just tagging @Istariel @NadenSall @Slabby @Janlocks and @Cospitularia.

Could the last 3 of you give me your new character names please? :pleading_face:

Aftermath from @truecrawl is above!

1 Like

Oh my human fighter was Halbert Ewing Halliburton

1 Like

My new Drunk (Druid + Monk) character is Mick Rivers (and looks a bit like Val Kilmer) :grin:

All Hail our Great Lord Set :smiley: :pray:

Never had so much fun in a game with barely any combat encounters. Our fault btw xD we somehow avoided so many battles.

Thanks to my fellow adventurers and our awesome DM :blush: :heart:

2 Likes

Also special shoutout to Mick Rivers, proving to be smarter than a room full of wizards :wink:

1 Like

Whatt? Where? :sweat_smile: But thanks anyway! :vulcan_salute:t2:

1 Like

Group of @Xyathn

I scanned my illustrated diary :smiley:

Nice eve Mikaela

dnd-002-230224-Oona-map-miniature

4 Likes

@Carcharoth

Those are awesome drawings!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

@Carcharoth @Arthilas @jboimler @Takanari @lol39r

Thank you for playing at my table! You gain +10 Downtime days, 480 gold pieces, and your choice of one of the following:

+1 Arrows (Qty: 20)

A Mind Crystal (Extended) dropped by fleeing wizard (that you were aware of)

Winged Boots (used for vertical ascents from the cavern below)

Feather Token

Coin of Delving

1 Like

Dharaas sold his Hide Armor and spent 10 Gold from his last adventure to buy a lot of ingredients. So for the next adventure every adventurer (especially ME) will start with a Rejuvenation Poiton (heal each round equal to players constitution modifier for 1 minute) and 1 Healing Tonic (heals 2d4+Con health) => here for everyone to check so noone accuses me of lying => Chemistry (5e Variant Rule) - D&D Wiki

1 Like

that is homebrew and unless it is a story award specifically for xaoseed’s table not allowed in VALUE

@Jackfruitchilli and her +1

Thanks for playing at my table; hope you enjoyed.

While on a seemingly simple assignment, you were trapped inside an extradimensional mansion. But, through cunning, and some trial and error, you managed to escape back to your own plane of existence. Unfortunately, your contact died in the interplanar shuffle, so it’ll be a bit longer before you get what you originally came for. All is not for naught, however, as you have been rewarded by the Candlekeep scholars for services rendered.

Rewards:

Story Rewards (usable at my table): While exploring the finery of your new confines, you made a couple friends that decided to join you on your adventures. You each receive a Fairy Dragon companion. Though you’ll have to figure out who gets Amber and who gets Spark.

1 Like

Happy to accomodate that at Brancalonia tables, noting it is not VALUE allowed.

This fits neatly with the Level 1 Distillery that previous knaves installed at the Golden Cockerel some time ago.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.