Drinks, conversation, and Action Castle

Hmm… -H- was the one who offered to GM a Dread session and I’d prefer to rely on his experience for this one. Also, on Wednesday he was the one who seemed super excited to play Polaris, so I’d rather wait with that as well…!?

As for the scale of both games: I’m thinking of about 2-3 sessions for Polaris. From my experience shit’s getting real pretty fast once everyone has the right feeling for the game. I believe this is true for Dread too.

So here’s my idea: we could create a TV show for the winter season (till everyone’s back in January) with a cast that is big enough so it’s possible for players to get in and out as they feel like. Looks like I’ll be available for the most part except for around Christmas and New Year’s. But with the little modification of PtA I’ve had good experience with we won’t even need a constant GM (producer in PtA ^^).

On Tuesday we will be creating the setting of the show in collaboration as well as all protagonists and some of the important supporting acts. If there’s enough time we can even play the pilot.

I think we can fit in a five to six episode season with the Grand Finale sometime in early January. After that we can start with all of the above mentioned awesomeness… How does that sound?

[edit: I’m talking about this]

Wouldn’t it be better to play a game that will only take 1-2 evenings in the next 2 weeks? Because as Tam said she won’t be available after the 20th and we can still create stuff after shes back.

According to the doodle we have 2 days (tuesday, the 13th and monday, the 19th) to play with the whole group (except for -H-, who will be back after the 26th).
So I think 1-2 games like action castle or something similar (in terms of: It won’t take several sessions) would be good.

I was getting confused there!

Sounds interesting to me :wink:

@Thoptes
Yeah, that’s why I suggested PtA (Tam’s protagonist could have his/her defining issue resolved in a spotlight episode within the next two weeks). But I don’t care what we’re gonna play. It’s just that I don’t have any of the Action Castle modules, -H- won’t be there on Tuesday and apparently Polaris, Dread and DitV are no options…

If you’re interested in superheroes, there’s With Great Power… also a game I’d be happy to play again. Another fun “party” game would be My Life With Master. But that I don’t officially own…

Just throwing in some ideas. As i said, i don’t really care what, as long as we do play something :wink:

@Alrik:
I don’t know the game and I can’t tell how long it will take to set up everything - I just want to avoid spending one of two evenings on character creation.

@Throwing in ideas:
How about ‘Zombies!!!’ ?
(Unfortunately I just own the german version - but only the item/action-thingy cards contain actual (short) text - so I don’t think it would be that big of a problem to translate some lines if necessary)

Hm, I’m gonna second the PtA idea, here… :slight_smile: It’s something I’ve been wanting to try, the thing with the spotlight episodes indeed means that varying player attendance is not too big of an issue, and setting it up and getting to play on the same evening should be doable rather swiftly, right?

That said, we could also do Dogs, of course. It’s a very episodic game, so if we only get to play one town before Tam leaves, that would still be okay. (Every town provides some resolution and closure at the end, so it’s like a self-contained mini-chapter every time. Definitely not cliffhanger material…)
I got a good starting town ready to go, and from making characters to finishing the town, it should be doable in 2 sessions.

Dread requires -H-, so let’s wait with that :smiley:

Polaris would work, but if -H- wants to be part of it (which I can understand, I would too!), let’s wait with that as well.

Action Castle I don’t own any modules either (although I’m about to change that after last week’s great fun with that game! :smiley: )

With Great Power… I’m not crazy about the superheroes genre, but would give the game a shot. If its suitable for a one-shot type thing, why not, let’s go for that maybe?

Life with Master - I own a pdf copy of it, and have run it in the past. It scares me, though… but if Alrik would want to run it, I would be onboard for playing it :smiley:

Zombies!!! is always a good filler / emergency replacement game, so we should definitely keep it ready at hand. It’s not really an RPG though, and not Indie either, so… more as a backup plan, perhaps?

so yeah, PtA gets my main vote :slight_smile:

Hey if you say that setting up won’t take long and we get to play -> I’m game.

Creating the setting is part of the game and will take up the first session, maybe we can fit in a short pilot. I can see if that’s not fun for Tam who’s not going to make it through the whole season. But, again, she could have her spotlight in the first real episode next Monday. Not the best option, sure.

Let’s play DitV then!?

Wait, i just remembered this neat little scenario called Lady Blackbird. I guess I might be able to prepare that by Tuesday.

ah, this is one i’ve only vaguely read about but never took a closer look at it… let’s try it, though! “no-prep, 1-3 sessions” sounds good to me! :smiley:

well, I’m on board with anything as long as you guys make up your mind. :smiley:

Where and at What time are we meeting again? Plützlbräu was nice, but I’m not sure if it’s that great if we’re gonna do this often. On the other hand -H- offered to do it at his place, so we could wait until he comes back.

Also, at what time will we be meeting? As I said, I’ve got quite a lot of things to do this week, so it would be nice if we started an hour earlier, and ended at around 10.30-11.00.

Same here!

Also: Could one of you bring the necessary items/rulebooks (if there are any) with you? Cause I’ve never played any of those games. :smiley:

@Time:
Would 17:30/18:00 - 22:00/22:30 be ok ?

Me as well :slight_smile: The [color=#404000]“neat little scenario called Lady Blackbird”[/color] sounds cool, Alrik if you’re still ok with preparing it for tomorrow we can give it a try :slight_smile:

Should we go to the Plutzerbräu once more or give the Spielcafé a try?

Sorry Thopthes, saw your msg late! I can be there by 18.00 :slight_smile:

[quote=“Tam”]
Should we go to the Plutzerbräu once more or give the Spielcafé a try?[/quote]

Plutzerbräu does have a lot of room and since we haven’t reserved a table yet I’d only choose the other one if we can get a table

Edit:
@Tam:
No problem :slight_smile:
18:00 would be great.

Awesome! Lady Blackbird it is and 18.00 sounds perfect!

I’ll bring printouts of the game. Have a look at the free pdf (from the link in my previous post) and read through the pregenerated characters and the setting if you have some spare time. That’ll help us (well, me basically :wink:) tomorrow to get started as quick as possible.

Great!
If everyone is ok with Plutzerbräu I’d reserve a table.

Is it ok if I drop by to say hi? Dont need to play, just curious to meet you guys :slight_smile:

Of course! The more the merrier! :slight_smile:

perfect, 18.00 at Pltzerbräu it is^^

I’ve already looked at the pdf a bit, but stopped out of fear of spoilers :smiley: I’ll just check out only the chars and the setting, then!

looking forward to meeting Amlash as well :slight_smile: oh, and if you’d like to play, from what I hear five players would be perfect for Lady Blackbird (read a review somewhere that said so…) and we’re only four so far, so if Alrik is cool with it, why not join in?

I’ve reserved a table on the name ‘Blackbird’ for 18:00 at Plutzerbräu