D'n'D Evolution Round one - (original) Dungeons & Dragons

Greetings! As I already mentioned earlier in this post, I intend to play a series of games, where we would explore and (re)discover the evolution of Dungeons & Dragon games.

Here, I’d like to present the opening night of this event, where @H will introduce us to the first era of our beloved RPG brand and together we can re-live, how D’n’D has started its glorius path.

1 Like

I am definitely interested, but I cannot bring any prior knowledge. If it isn’t required, I’d like to participate

Sure, you’re welcome!

No prior knowledge necessary (although if you have seen or read Lord of The Rings or The Hobbit, you might already have it!)

Great. I hope I find the time to show up.

Sounds awesome, I’ll be there!

I am also very interested, let us know when a date is decided :grin:

as far as I can tell, this is upcoming event for 23rd August - tomorrow :slight_smile:

Oh wow, I was unable to read the heading of the post properly :sweat_smile:

Thanks! :slight_smile:

In that case I hope that I will make it, but its not guaranteed, unfortunately…

No prior knowledge might well be the perfect way to experience the game. Nobody else had any then, either.

Tomorrow, as part of S_journ’s D&D retrospective, we’ll be playing the game that started it all, the original version of Dungeons & Dragons.

OD&D comes in many flavors since the game was evolving very rapidly, both ruleswise and in terms of play style, over its fairly short lifespan. If it’s all right with you, we’ll aim for an early, pre-Greyhawk version in order to highlight a few of the differences to what came after.

Yes, this will be a dungeon.

In any case, no experience required. If you can, please bring a pencil, paper and dice (Platonic solids only in keeping with the period). If not, I’m sure there’ll be spares available.

I think it says somewhere in the rules that the game is intended for 4-20 players, so no need to worry about not getting a spot. See you tomorrow!

1 Like

Sounds very interesting. I’d definitely like to join tomorrow.

I will likely join today too.

i will likely join also :slight_smile:

I’ll try and be there around 6:30 in case anybody wants to shoot the breeze about old school games.

Show starts at 7, intermission at 9.

See you tonight!

I can be there tonight - although its starting to look fairly busy

True that. We may end up playing with a caller. How’s that for old school?

Sadly, i can´t join tonight.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.