D&D Playtesting night 5.9 - May the gods watch over you (?)

Strange things happen recently on the Moorlands. Cattles dissapear without trace from the moor, local farmers are lost in the area. Some people say, even the wolves went silent. Meanwhile, a huge flying creature appeared, which can even cover the moonlight with her body… what can be behind all this?

I intend to run an D&D 5E one-shot on Thursday
night and playtest an idea of mine.
For that, I’m looking for 5-7 brave players, who dares to face the challenges.

If you prefer, you can bring your own character (level 1, any official 5E material allowed - even Unearthed Arcana; except @Sarah is not allowed to play Mystic), but I can provide pre-gens as well. Both newcomers and veterans (@DoomCarrot maybe?) are welcome.

The game shall take place on Thursday (5.9.2019) from 19:30 at the Spielbar and it will take approx. 2-3 hours.

Does that mean everyone else can play mystics? I might stop by in that case.

@Sarah and her army of mystic acquaintances? :smiley:

Sounds fun. What’s the playtest for? Publishing?

Incredibly, I may have a free slot in my schedule on that evening! I have recently thought about what the most BS level 1 build may be, so I have a couple of characters ready to go ^^ When would we start, and how long do you estimate the session will take us?

I intend to test some new gameplay mechanics (and your nerves about it) and I think, an one-shot is the most fitting for this. Currently I do not intend to publish it, but based on your feedback (and if you like it) I might make some adjustment and consider publication at a later point.

Happy to hear you wish to join!
The game will takes place in Spielbar on Thursday at 19:30 and it will take 2-3 hours. I try to finish it one way or the other untill 23:00.

I don’t think it would be too much fun for you, if a bunch of mystiques are blazing through the game and leave you behind as you are underpowered, wouldn’t it?

Sounds interesting. See you on Thursday.

In other words, your basic Thursday- nighter. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to it!

Might be fun. See ya there:)

Wait, this Thursday? Sorry, thought this would be when Doom was here. Can’t make it this week- have fun, everyone!

Can you tell us a bit more about what kind of mechanics you want to test?

Wait, this Thursday? Sorry, thought this would be when Doom was here.

Ohh, I just realized, somehow I thought, she would be here this week… (and I won’t be around, when she will be here)

If you don’t mind, I don’t want to spoil it, as these things are related to the plot.

However, one of them is a re-introduction of a mechanism, which was available in all previous edition, but somehow the creators left it out from 5e.

If you still got a spot I‘d like to come and play.

Hey :slight_smile:
I’d like to come with a lvl 1 roque. But I’d be there earlier to find out if id prefer one of the pre-builds.

Sure, see you tomorrow!

Hey @dschingiskarn, happy to hear your interest! The pre-gens are standard starter-set characters (incl. a halfling rouge), but of course, if you have your own rouge, you can play with that as well.

I’m not 100% sure if I’ll make it - so in case I’m not there, assume that you can start without me ^^