D&D 5E online Game on Friday 20.03

Sure

As of right now I have a lot of time, during the afternoon, almost all evenings(6pm - 2am) are taken except Friday so far as I’m reserving it for any games that are part of RPG Vienna; I’m playing with two groups but also hosting my own campaign almost every day (trying it out online with close friends before rolling it for players in Vienna, probably once this corona thing is over).

• I expect a lot of roleplaying, so character development, combat is always nice but not the focus. So something on the more serious side is what I mean; but I’m down for anything (I play in E.V.I.L and that’s anything but serious :stuck_out_tongue: ).
  • So far VALUE worked out for me, but I’m down to learn or try other things as well, so, group can decide.
  • Aside from hard min-maxing and metagaming? Not really, anything goes.
  • Well, probably if you think my expectations and what you have in mind could be aligned :stuck_out_tongue: . Otherwise is see what the other players think about time, etc.

Aside from that, well if @Toni 's group is like 5 players or so, I could join if he’ll have me too, but if it’s the same number like last session, then I can just pass for this Friday. It’s a personal thing as explained; I get anxiety and panic problems aside from sensory overload when playing with large number of players, and I play DnD to have fun, not ruin my already dummy brain. In person it’s more bearable because there is distance in the voices, online everyone’s voice is in my headset; so ringing in my head. So that’s why I was eager to jump ship, is because I thought we splitting the group on the same day, not move to another. Regardless, there is still time to discuss the details I think, and if it works out then great, if not, there is always a next time :grin:

1 Like

I count 5 players, I don’t want to go higher than that.
Semako - Sent me a red framed token
PatrickD - opted for blue
BufuBufo - green
Chip
ArgaVanori - yellow

2 Likes

Blue token send to Toni

Alright since Patrick also went for blue, I go for green, so we don’t get mixed up. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh I’m sorry, I thought we all had to pick red, not get to choose our colors, my brain had a bug crash. I’ll send another one so it can be easier. I’ll go yellow

i would prefer standard dnd characters…no restrictions as long as we stick to the books. But i am ok with al or value, or anything else you decide

So, I have to push this today to 8pm, because stuff came up. Hope to see you later.

The voice chat is in the rpg vienna discord server. If your are not on it yet it’s here https://discord.gg/Yv3pK4

Can I pat myself on the back for suggesting colored borders for the tokens to Toni? I think we should also use that, I’ll probably add the character name, too (if anyone needs something done in photoshop I can help out).

I’ll probably go with a goblin rogue, so he can investigate even the worst-smelling parts (no, not his parts, get your mind out of the gutter, you!). I just might call him Jig (and will recommend that book series to anyone with a heart for those scrawny green fellas).

3 Likes
  • So, as a reminder Thursday 7pm.
  • I will use powerpoint for eventual battle maps.
  • Please create a token with a colored border, try to get each a somewhat different color.
  • Please send me your character sheets, so that I can have a look at them. If you have any questions, please ask.
  • If you want additional information about the region and the people I can give you my google doc, where I try to make my old handwritten notes somewhat understandable. Is it necessary to read? Not at all. They are probably confusing and still work in progress as I go along. But you can look if you want. :sweat_smile:

Now, some info about your current situation, if you want to know about the ship and the passengers and some crew members. Just some additional info for those interested.
Info blurb:

You are on board on the Ester’s Star, a caravel traveling on route to Tenagra, the largest city on the rain coast and a trade center for wood and it’s by products. You have been on sea for a while now and are sailing between the volcanic island of Theraz and Kythera.
The ship is old and a strange sulfuric smell penetrates the ship each time the hold is opened. Priam, the captain of the ship, is old and doesn’t seem to care too much about the people on the ship or their history, as long as they keep quiet and pay. You sleep in the lower class room, your party rooms together in a room filled with bunk-beds and hammocks. During your time on the ship you might have met some people already.

You don’t see or talk too much of the crew but you might have met some of them:

Captain Priam: An old man, who wishes to live out the rest of his days at sea. He has little time for landlubbers and you might have heard that he has quite the temper. In order to keep his old ship operable, he transports goods and persons across sea, without asking questions if they pay a little extra.

Orza: A young female half-orc woman and Boatswain and cook. Responsible to keep the ship in shape and cook for the people on board. Possesses the key to the storage hold. Some say that she probably descends from pirates. Lacks a few teeth from “a scruffle”. Hard working but loves to gossip.

Timor Poloi: Male middle aged halfling. The captains right hand and sailing master. Not very talkative and stoic. Has been irritated and snappy the last few days. Has been seen arguing and harassing Orza, who seems to have a history with the guy.

Yannic Costo: Middle aged human. Popular among the rest of the crew. There are rumors (thanks Orza) that he desires the position of captain or at least that of the right hand man. A bit of a hothead. Was previously a sailor in the Indreswari navy. Mostly seen on the Main deck during the day.

There are also 4 other passengers on the ship. These have paid extra for their own private quarters and some also have boarded before you.

Trokan Kravzach: A male hill dwarf you hardly see, and mostly do not want to. He spends most of his days passed out drunk in his room. The crew is confused how he still has any alcohol at this point. When you see him he tends to speak incomprehensible stuff, if he doesn’t enter a confused rage in the middle of the night.

Cindy Everlake: Young halfling girl, which boarded on the previous stopp. An acrobat and entertainer, she has told you that she is going to a new job in Tenagra. Chippy and happy, she has a tendency to climb where most people couldn’t. It is more likely to find her on top of the mast juggling knives than in her room.

Seliandros. Grumpy elf who spends most of his time inside his room. Sometimes you hear voices in the middle of the night coming from his room.

Spinella Devani: Old human lady running around with her cane and a bad leg. Can talk endlessly about her plants and baking. On way to Tenagra for a big baking competition, to fight her “main rival” Grimmilla. Can talk endlessly. Possesses an frightening amount of tea and is hardly seen without a cup.

Hope to see you on Thursday :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Baking competition? Remind me to buy some pie before our session…

Nice,
What level are the characters? Is there a preferred creation system?

Start at level 3, point buy.

You haven’t been at session 0 and didn’t tell me that you couldn’t come. There are already 6 players and I do not think I can fit more. Sorry, but I don’t think I can deal with 7, however if someone leaves I can fit you back in, if that means anything. :sweat:

For the others:
Yes, you can use value rules to generate your stats. But no magic items, as there are no tcp.

Oh, that’s too bad, missed it ;/… But no worries…let me know if anything opens up. Even 6 can be a hassle to be honest…

Hey some of you still haven’t sent me a token. Please send me one before the session starts.
Use a colored border, (green and orange are already taken)

Hi, I’ve played a lot of rpg and tabletop games but suddenly got curious about D&D, I just bought my starter set and learned how to play. If you have an opening I will gladly join as a player.

Have a nice one.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.