D&D 3.5 one-shot

Hey there!

As some of you might already know, I want to run a D&D 3.5 one-shot.

I haven’t GMed for some time now but I’d like to take that up again (from time to time ) and I just wanted to check if some of you might be interested!

Basic information:

It would be a lower level thing (but not level 1) in a homebrew setting/story. I would prepare characters but you can of course create your own if you’d like to.
There will be story (one-shot-ish), fights, loot and hopefully fun.

If it works out well I’d like to run these occasional one-shots from time to time.

Let me know if you’re interested.

raises hand

interested, could only come after 3 pm though…

I’m in! From the options we spoke about yesterday evening Thursday and Friday next week both work for me as long as we agree around the beginning of the week which is it :slight_smile:

Depending of the when and where, I’d be interested.

Actually turns out next Friday works even better for me than Thursday. So I’m in if it’s on Friday, 15th! :smiley:

@Simon
If I may speak on behalf of Thoptes and the ‘Monday gang’: i think we decided on either Thursday or Friday next week at Thoptes’ place.

[quote=“Alrik”]Actually turns out next Friday works even better for me than Thursday. So I’m in if it’s on Friday, 15th! :smiley:

@Simon
If I may speak on behalf of Thoptes and the ‘Monday gang’: i think we decided on either Thursday or Friday next week at Thoptes’ place.[/quote]

Exactly…friday, the 15th…at my place … at 16:00 or so (depending on the party)

Cool! I’ve booked it :slight_smile:

Great, I’ll P.M. you guys the details (adress and key data for character creation if you want to create your own char) tomorrow.
If you know what you wanna play but want me to create the character just send me a pm… (character class or smth like healer, melee, range, magic user,…)
As mentioned earlier I’ll provide pregen characters, too. But its usually more fun if you know what you’re gonna play

I’d prefer a wizard or a sorcerer. Although, if need be I would also be happy playing a cleric, especially in a combat-heavy scenario (although 3.5 clerics can’t change their spells for healing as Pathfinder’s do…)

Really, though, I can adapt to whatever the party requires…

[quote=“Simon”]I’d prefer a wizard or a sorcerer. Although, if need be I would also be happy playing a cleric, especially in a combat-heavy scenario

Really, though, I can adapt to whatever the party requires…[/quote]

There will be combat :smiling_imp:

If the cleric is of good or neutral alignment ‘spontaneous casting’ (for healing spells) takes effect. So you can drop a prepared spell to cast a healing spell of the same level. That should be enough.

Sounds good to me…

So yes, sorcerer, wizard or cleric, I’d be most happy with either… What setting is this going to be?

I’ve always heard people talk about duskblades and the concept of a magic-using fighter sounds very cool. Can you build me a duskblade?

That would be more of a pm-question but, no sorry, pregenerated characters will be core rulebook base classes only.

Edit: deleted duskblade stuff

Alright, I see. Then it’s either rogue or barbarian for me depending on what Tam wants to play.

[quote=“Alrik”]Edit: deleted duskblade stuff

Alright, I see. Then it’s either rogue or barbarian for me depending on what Tam wants to play.[/quote]

Rogue or ranger?

If you want to play the duskblade class - you can - but you’d have to create the character yourself. Just send me the keydata when you’re done. :slight_smile:

Rogue… I think. I like to shout: Sneak Attack!! :laughing:

I have no idea how to build a 3.5 character (except for the fancy tables you can find online) and I don’t have the resources to do it. It’s no big deal if I don’t get to play a duskblade, really.

Since some of you have asked for a little story / introduction to the setting:

It’s a western fantasy setting with a northern touch.
Although it’s still summer the temperature is dropping and autumn is arising.
The realm is home to men, high elves, a few dwarfs and other races. Next to it lies the kingdom of the orcs. Thousands of years ago a fallen star has destroyed a chain of mountains that used to separate the two realms and it is needless to say that they have been at war ever since.
But you do not see much of the war since the frontier is far to the north-east and although sometimes little groups of orc-underlings (goblins and such) slip through the defences, they seldomly make it far into the country, since a big stronghold resides nearby the border. It’s guards usually take care of whatever tries to get deeper into the country. Very few make it to the capital. But as the war is going on, it allows groups of adventurers to look for what they desire: Fame, glory, loot, honor and loot. Which you hope to find when you all make your way to the capital’s fortress individually.

Do not worry…although it’s a homebrew setting…there will be a map :slight_smile:

Woot woot! Today’s the day. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Same here!
See you at 4!