Carrion Hill ーof the horrors belowー

Wrote this in a rush. It’s shorter than my usual fare and a bit of a mess, but I have a pretty solid character in mind and will gladly talk about him in greater detail. He’s a Chaotic Good Human Summoner.

[quote][i]Roshan [Ro-shun] Sarini, born to a side branch of one of the more disrespected noble houses of Cheliax, is a rather odd duck compared to most of his fellow countrymen, never mind his own noble brethren. Born with a respectable talent for the arcane arts and a measure of innate power stemming back to his mother, a Sorceress of some repute, he somehow fumbled his way into summoning a powerful, fiend-like Outsider at the young age of fourteen, forging an inherent connection that could not be broken.

The Outsider, despite ‘her’ looks, was far from an actual fiend. Though feral, the being he refers to as ‘Serra’ possessed a noble quality that Roshan found highly appealing and, to his surprise, one that he soon mirrored.

Never quite satisfied with his life and station in it, nor particularly devout to Asmodeus beyond lip service, Roshan came to view himself more and more as an outsider, the cruelty and vicious political games at court becoming an increasing source of frustration for him until, finally, the proverbial cup had run over and he abandoned his family, fleeing the country.

Roshan desperately wants to help and be accepted, but he can’t quite get over his upbringing. He is quick to dismiss others for their faults and sometimes belittles them without realizing it, though he always takes great pains to show his regret if he realizes this or it’s pointed out.

Having been a subject of cultural prejudice for his origins and the company he keeps, he fiercely defends those that suffer from the same, to the point of sometimes even being exploited for it. Still, he does not hide his own nationality, speaking with a clearly Chelaxian accent and being dressed in their style of clothing.

His clothes are, however, bereft of any symbols of the Church of Asmodeus, instead he sports an amulet with the Holy Symbol of Desna prominently around his neck.

Serra is usually at his side, though her devil-like appearance is hidden beneath a magical trinket and a cowl both.[/i][/quote]

I really love the effort you put into the character, VonDoom. Very well detailed, I must say. Can’t wait to brutally murd— I mean, see him on the table soon. (Ok, this doesn’t sound much better, does it?)

By the way, guys. I just wanted to ask around on how long of a session you would prefer? FloRad mentioned his usual games are around 6-hour sessions. Does the rest have any preferences?
Short and long games both work for me personally.

Eh, as I said, that’s a fairly rushed job. Thanks, though. You can have a look at this Planescape character of mine for an example of what it looks like when I have more time, if you like. The DM disappeared shortly after the game started, sadly.

As for session length, I’m fine with playing for as long as we can manage and it’s fun without getting exhausted or losing concentration.

Well, I am finishing my character… still some things to take into account (this transition from old AD&D to Pathfinder)… anyway, here is my background (there are some… things missing “…” because I am not familiar with the places in this world, so, I will fill those later… assume there is a animal noise, if you are reading in a voice, when this happen and you were not able to hear the name :slight_smile: ):

Now that I am finishing… it seems very similar to a “Priest R’hllor” for the Song of Ice and Fire saga fans… :confused: it was not intentional… but… well :confused:

In addition, I will probably meet with our GM “GJsoft” this Friday, in order to… check my character and finish some creation stuff. I think that it can also be a good idea if some of us want to meet briefly before Saturday, in order to question and organize our characters before the real session. We would meet at the Center for Brain Research (Zentrum für Hirnforschung) at spitalgasse 4, 1090… just outside at around 5:30 PM… I dont know, what do you think)

See you guys,

Hugo.

… that’s right by my old workplace, before they centralized the backoffice and we were moved out of the store proper. Maudrich. :smiley:

I could swing by, though slightly earlier would be better.

… that said, Sarenrae is a female goddess, I’m pretty sure. And very much associated with actually being good, rather than the highly questionable entity from SoIaF.

@VonDoom

Thanks for the clarification… I wrote it thinking that I should check the gender of the Deity, but at the end, I sent it without checking.

The similarity with ASoIaF it is manly the fact of the fire worship… and the fight againts the “undead”. Basically, it seems similar in my mind, not specifically from Sanerae, but from my character point of view… still, from the “background” I think you can more or less “see” that I am aligned good (as my Goddess :slight_smile: )… maybe I should work a little more on it :smiley:

Regarding the “non-formal” friday meeting… I guess 5:00 PM is the sooner I can make it… but not less than that, is it OK for you???

It seems that our GM cannot do it this Friday… so, maybe Vondoom can help me with the last touches of my character??? if not, well, I can figure it out on Saturday.

If you’re gonna need help with some stuff we’ll take care of it on saturday. No worries…

Ok, good… so see you Saturday then people!

I got bad news here, people. Apparantly it’s ok for international transportation to leave an hour earlier without any announcment toward the passangers or any means for the passengers to contact the bus or reserve a place.
Because of such a beautiful policy, I just got left stranded till next week.

I really hate to be doing this, but if I don’t decide hitchiking is a good idea, I won’t make it this week.

So I’ll need to call off the game and look for another date.

Oh, that’s really not good news. You should do what you feel most comfortable with. If we postpone, it meams I won’t either, if I have to stay at the base.

I just feel horrible about this. I prepared everything, did everything in time and then they pull that stunt off. And right when my easter break ends :confused:

It’s ot your fault and can’t really do anything. You could file a complaint thought, maybe you’ll get your money back.

It’s crotia. You can file as many complaints as you want, they won’t even answer xD

Well, It is sad… anyway, you will tell us in which days you can make it… good luck, hopefully it is not affecting anything more important that a game session.

It’s alright. Do you have a new date in mind? Maybe same time, next week?

I should be in Vienna this wednesday again. It’s a shame all this had to happen. I -think- same time next week should work, but I’ll have to check. Should know for sure tomorrow.

Ok, just as a note, I managed to catch a ride today so I’m back in Vienna after all. So this saturday should be a sure thing on my side.

So does saturday 1pm work for everybody?

It is OK for me.