Carrion Hill ーof the horrors belowー

The maps are readily available online. Just google 'em. I’d post one, but I try to surf as little as possible from work.

That said, I don’t think I have all the dice we’d need at home. Would any of you bring a set or two along? Otherwise I’ll have to see about finally getting some myself, to keep my d6, d10s and d20s company.

[quote=“VonDoom”]
That said, I don’t think I have all the dice we’d need at home. Would any of you bring a set or two along? Otherwise I’ll have to see about finally getting some myself, to keep my d6, d10s and d20s company.[/quote]
Will do.

Well, considering everyone more or less is here, I’d like to bring up a question. What level of roleplaying would you guys prefer/be comfortable with?

The one right below LARPing :smiley:

So we throw little balls at each other, shouting ‘Magic Missile’ in vain hopes that something actually happens? :stuck_out_tongue:

The storytelling one that is generally suggested by WoD books would likely draw the best frame of reference, I think. Describing your actions, staying in character as much as possible, ideally no OOC exchanging of combat tactics as we go (haven’t seen that done in an actual game before, but actually talking strategy In Character or ‘shouting’ basic things at each other as we fight would be nice).

Ideally, any combat would be short but sweet. Long drawn-out fights with lots of mechanics that take hours aren’t really my thing.

Hence why I’d also like to request that any mechanical questions that come up and without an obvious, clear answer during play are quick-ruled and to be checked later for if it comes up again so as not to break immersion. I’ve been in a 3.5 game once that spent more time looking up rulings than actually playing. That was pretty cringe-worthy.

… that reminds me. I was talking about dice, but forgot to mention that I don’t actually own any physical Pathfinder books. I have ready internet access and wireless for PFSRD perusal, if necessary, though.

[quote=“VonDoom”]So we throw little balls at each other, shouting ‘Magic Missile’ in vain hopes that something actually happens? :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]
Almost. :slight_smile: What I meant was trying to stay in character if possible, without too much skimming over the rulebook.

I’m used to text based Roleplaying via an IRC channel. That’s how I play Fallout Equestria, but I’ll try my best.

@VonDoom: I planned on bringing my book anyway, so you can use it at any time if you want.

Hey guys, I just want to ask which timeframe this saturday would fit everyone?
We could either start around 12:00 or start sometime at the evening?
Whatever rocks your boat.

[quote=“GJsoft”]Hey guys, I just want to ask which timeframe this saturday would fit everyone?
We could either start around 12:00 or start sometime at the evening?
Whatever rocks your boat.[/quote]
12:00 sounds good. How long are we going to play?

12:00 should be fine. That way, we could even go to one of the nearby stores (Billa, Spar, Zielpunkt) during a break, if people want to get some more snacks.

I’d prefer if we could do 13:00 but 12:00 sounds good to me as well.

12:00 was just an example.
13:00 would be more than soon enough as far as I’m concerned.How long would people prefer the session to be?

For FoE I’m used to 6 hours long sessions, but I can do longer too. Or shorter, whatever you prefer.

Just a quick update: there was a communication error on my side and it seems our mysterious spellcaster won’t be joining us after all. So we’re back to 4 people.

Also, I’d like to propose this saturday at 13:00 as the first date.
Does that work with everyone?

Looks like I’ll need to stay at the base for the weekend as a punishment. I can confirm or redact that in 2 days. Otherwise Saturday 13:00 sounds good. Sorry :c

Hello everybody,

So, it seems that I will be joining the party :slight_smile:. My character is “Clement Euonymus” and it will very likely that I am going to be a Cleric… I am just starting to create the character. It is my first time playing Pathfinder (I was mainly playing 2nd AD&D)… So, see you Saturday!!!.. I have to check how this creation thing works with these “new” rules :smiley:

Take care,

Hugo.

… is that legit, making you stay on time off? I went with a year of social service back then (though if military training had already been reduced to six months, I might have at least examined the option more closely), so I don’t have a clue.

By the way, I do have a printer and HeroLab (mentioning it since I saw someone else posting a HeroLab sheet), so if you don’t have an opportunity to print your stuff yourself or elsewhere, we can still do that before the game.

Yes, they can do that. The HeroLab sheet was my Fighter character, Mark Normington

Saturday, 1 pm sounds good.