Anyone not got their fix yet..?

As I mentioned, I can DM 3.5, probably Pathfinder too, although I am less familiar with its rules, but these are not my favourite version of the game or the ones I am most confortable with…

Another thing is that Shioban mentioned preferring something different from D&D, to add variety…

Finally, an idea I had, was that, if people are concerned about the commitment of running a campaign, we could start, at least at first, by running one-shots with a rotating cast of DMs…

I’d prefer D&D 3.5 because I’m not really familiar with Pathfinder.

I like the idea!

I like this idea, too. It would be a great way to test out new systems, too, for those who are interested in exploring but don’t want to commit to something unknown, either with time or money.

If that’s the case, let me put money where my mouth is (under my nose? it’s a weird expression. I am supposed to keep my money there at all time? It must be inconvenient for eating…) and offer a one shot, next week.

The time: Either the 5th of 6th of May at, let say, 2PM.
The place: The “hobbyraum” of my Studenthaus, unless somebody has a more convenient offer…
The game: Either D&D 4 or Pathfinder, based on what you guys prefer.
The players: Whoever is interested, but not more than six players…
The characters: I will provide characters although you are most welcome to bring your own if you prefer…
The adventure: Level one; quite railroaded (because it is a one shot).

I am in! However, I will also be gracious and if someone who doesn’t have a regular game yet wants my spot (in case we go over 6), I yield.

I would prefer Pathfinder, just because I have heard the rule revisions are HUGE in 4.0, and I have just been learning the 3.5/Pathfinder system (considering the last D&D I actually played was AD&D).

And I will tentatively volunteer to run a Star Wars saga game on, say, May 20? Assuming 1) I can get advice re: a good one-shot; 2) we can find a place to play and 3) enough people are interested (and again, no more than 6, I haven’t DM’ed at ALL before).

Honestly, the rules modification are big, yes, but it is still a D20 system and the basic: roll a D20 add your modifiers and hope to reach the DC are still the same…

I’ll play whatever anyone wants to run, the Pathfinder was just a preference, not a deal-breaker :smiley:.

I’m also in.

Me too!

Same for me, I’m in!

I can lend (@Phillip: :wink: ) some one-shots if you are interested, I have some left from the Free RPG Day:

Castle & Crusdades Quick Start Rules
Exalted Second Edition: Under the Rose
Age of Cthulhu: Abominations of the Amazon
Hollow Earth Expidition
New World of Darkness: A Nightmare at Hill Manor

Maybe I have time to play with you guys, but dont count me in.

Well, it seems that we have the group constituted.

Now, you guys decide which day works the best for you and which edition you prefer playing…

I can really only do Sundays.

I prefer the weekend, only if that’s impossible I might do Friday evening, but I’d be pretty exhausted.

oh, oops, I thought we were talking Saturday or Sunday. I can do Friday evenings (alternate ones), but can’t go too late, so Sunday would be better for a one-shot – they can run long, and you can’t pick a good time to break.

So, let’s call it for next Sunday then…

Next, it is time for a decision of MOMENTOUS IMPORT *

Which system do you guys want to play? I wrote the adventure I am planning on running for the 4th Ed. ruleset, but it would be pretty straightforward for me to switch the NPCs for level appropriate Pathfinder critters…

So, I guess, vote on which system you’d like to play. Vote early, vote often.

• Warning, offer only valid for some definition of “momentous import”. Offer not only under a deterministic system. In case of momentous import lasting more than four hours, contact your physician/exorcist immediately.

I’ve never played Pathfinder and only DMed in 3.5 so I wouldn’t be able to DM if we would continue to play by it. At least for the near future. But I’m ok with that :slight_smile:

oh, this is for the one-shots, I thought.

It is. I just meant if we “would”.

eh, I’ve never GM’d at all! I figure at least half the fun of the one-shots will be discovering how many of us suck at GM’ing :wink: