Yet another Introduction...!

'Ello everyone,

The name’s Nyar. I am native Austrian, but prefer English in my RPGs.

I have been lurking for several months now. I used to be a passionate DM (about 10 years experience) and also tried my hand at worldbuilding – but then the whole ‘choosing between hobby and career’ thing happened. And then, a few months back, I suddenly realised that I hadn’t been playing in more than a decade, and that I really miss it.

I used to play primarily Planescape, Ravenloft, and Forgotten Realms (3e and 3.5), but also the occasional Call of Cthulhu one-shot. As a player I got to enjoy Shadowrun.

I am neurodivergent, and typically avoid people (because bad experiences). However, I had THE BEST OF TIMES when I was hanging out with a group, travelling through fictional worlds. Storytelling is something I just really, really love.

My personal Best DM Moment: After months of having lost all hope in Sigil, my party finally made it to the Outlands. They literally cried with joy at the scenery (and lack of miserable weather!).

I really hope to be able to connect with other RPG nerds here in Vienna, ideally finding a group for regular sessions. And now before I start ranting in Sigil cant, I’ll leave you all with a good night :slight_smile:

• Nyar (they/their)
3 Likes

Hey Nyar!
I just wanted to thank you for sharing your story with us.

I think and hope I speak for everyone that I hope all goes well for you! Would love to hear your planescape stories.

Here I would leave some stuff and the discord or Friday but I’m aware you probably have seen these already. So I’m just going to leave you with a good night aswell
:slight_smile:

-cat

2 Likes

Hey cat,

Thanks for the welcome! Much appreciated :slight_smile:

As for discord – I made an account and logged in, so… I guess I’m there?
And I was wondering about Friday; are you lovely people meeting this week, and if so, is it ok for me to sneak in and join you?

1 Like

hi & welcome

yes we will & yes you can :slight_smile:
when some of us makes the relevant Thread for this week, just post in there, that you will show up with a new level 1 character

the earlier the better^^
helps us planning stuff
no need for sneaking :wink:

take care :slight_smile:

Awesome! Very much looking forward to it :slight_smile:

I still haven’t really figured out the V.A.L.U.E. system, but I’ll try to get behind it until then!

If you have any questions fee free to hit us up on discord, be it privately or in the channels ^^

I just wanted to use this for a big thank you to everyone I met tonight! I had lots of fun.
And it’s not just been my first RPG session in ages, but I also had my first human interaction (aside for therapists and the cashier at my store) in two years. I basically hid from the world for the last two years (PTSD), and… well, tonight was great. Thanks all!!!

2 Likes