Will Wheaton talks about his favourite Indy RPG games

Watch it here.

I think someone posted that last year. :smiley:
Nevertheless, ‘Castles & Crusades’ sounds cool.

And didn’t someone wanna run Primetime Adventures in the indiegamegroup ?

Some good tastes there, Mr. Wheaton :wink:

And yep, Gerd wants to run a PTA season sometime… and it’s high on my own “wanna play” list as well!

nice :slight_smile:

I just wonder why he classified Castles and Crusades in this category? Guess it’s a problem of the “indie” label being a really unfitting and misleading term?
Even in the classical “independant” sense, it’s really a stretch.

[quote=“GJsoft”]I just wonder why he classified Castles and Crusades in this category? Guess it’s a problem of the “indie” label being a really unfitting and misleading term?
Even in the classical “independant” sense, it’s really a stretch.[/quote]
Perhaps he’s using the ever-popular “not published by TSR” definition of indie?

He should have just said “Non-mainstream” games.
But I guess we are all well-aware of how pretentious that sounds.

Then again, seeing as C&C is almost almost D&D, it might not even fit that definition.

I think the really interesting thing about C&C would have been Zagyg, but unfortunately, that never happened. Oh well.

[quote="-H-"]Then again, seeing as C&C is almost almost D&D, it might not even fit that definition.

I think the really interesting thing about C&C would have been Zagyg, but unfortunately, that never happened. Oh well.[/quote]
Damn, I wish I could get my hands on the published Zagyg materials. Apparantly it’s really good but unavailable

:smiley:

…what the everness is Zagyg though?

If you’re familiar with Castle Greyhawk, Zagyg (Gygaz spelled backwards) was something akin to a spiritual successor to the original setting/dungeon and were supposed to be written by Gygax himself!

They released 2 books, reactions were positive, but Gygax passed away and the IP is standing still since then.

The cooperation with Gygax was one of the biggest selling points of CnC in the starting days, and is probably one of the reasons it became so successful.