Warning! Incomming noob

Hi!

I just stumbled into the tabletop RPG world with the D&D 5e Starter set.

Soon some friends will suffer my first attempt to DM a session.

I joined this forum because … well … there doesn’t seem to be any alternatives :slight_smile:

As a famous character once said “enough about me, let’s talk about me!” :sunglasses:

Johnny Bravo

What RPGs are you guys into, and where do you gather? :question:

Welcome!

Some of us ‘gather’ (pretty much) every thursday to play some RPGs.
Check out the general rpg section of the forum - if you wanna know more and maybe drop by.

The games change every week and if there are more than a couple of people showing up we usually split the group and play two (or three) different games.

Anyone who quotes Johnny Bravo in his Intrudoction is good in my book :slight_smile:

Welcome fellow Captain!

Welcome!

I too am planning on DMing the starter kit sometime soon…

Thank you for the warm welcome :slight_smile:

@Simon - I’m currently talking to the SpielRaum guys if they want to get in on the D&D Next events.

I think it would be cool if we can get the Adventures League going in vienna.

Well, my German would not allow me to DM in German, but apart from that, it could be fun.

I think I may have 2-3 friends who wouldn’t mind playing an english adventure. Worst case roll20.net :slight_smile:

Oh, no problem.

We have regular games in English, as Tom mentioned… They’d be welcome to that.

Otherwise, if we wanted to start an official D&D Adventurers guild, that would probably require a regularish game and that’d need some prior organisation…

I looked at the D&D League site, and the next event series that can be booked is October.

I’m not sure yet, if there would be enough people interested, to have regular events. (not even sure what a good number would be)

I posted on the Vienna subredit to see if there is any interest from that community.

If you want to find people for a series of events a little more information would be good I think - maybe in another thread.

I’d be interested in playing some D&D next but would rather play a one/two shot first before I’d join an ‘adventurer’s guild’ or ‘series of events’.

So how many people would be needed? What would such a series of events look like? etc.

[quote=“Thopthes”]If you want to find people for a series of events a little more information would be good I think - maybe in another thread.

I’d be interested in playing some D&D next but would rather play a one/two shot first before I’d join an ‘adventurer’s guild’ or ‘series of events’.

So how many people would be needed? What would such a series of events look like? etc.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip Thopthes. I’ll do a little research and make a post about it.