Vienna Pathfinder Society

For all interested in Pathfinder, I got inspired by my fellow countrywomen and countrymen:

paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ld … Bosnia-and

This board would be a great as a headquarter and starting point for it. I volunteer to go through the necessary paperwork so we could get started.
So I’ll ask: Are you people interested in a Pathfinder Society community?

As far as I can see this community could benefit from pathfinder society as:
-we seem to get new players all the time, so they could easily join, without having to wait for a whole group to gather

• people who are just passing by would have a chance to meet people easily and have a game easily
  • when someone doesn’t make it to the session, he/she only misses one adventure
    -you can take your character to other countries and play there (combining holidays and roleplaying :smiley:)

Yes! I looked into this myself last month or so. But the whole organizing thing would be a bit much for me so I’m massively happy that you’re looking into it yourself. And i think your knowledge and expertise would be perfect for the job.

Nice one AmLash. Stickying this. Might be nice to explain the whole pathfinder society thing to people who are unfamiliar to it.

Sounds good to me.

How often are you planning on getting together? I’d probably be interested in giving this a shot.

I’m not so sure yet, but I will post some details about it until the weekend, I’ve taken friday off, so I will probably have time then.

I started reading through the ‘Guide to Pathfinder Society’ as well.

I’m interested, but undecided.

something new on this?
Would also be interested^^

Not yet, it seems.

I’m still interested to take part as a player. I’d also sponsor scenarios to GM’s (via Paizo Store credit).

By the way, are you planning on running the free rpg day module as part of this? If so, I’ll resist the temptation to read it for the time being…

Any news AmLash?

Right now (until July 23rd) we could get a free chronicle sheet to assign to a Society character…

Sorry for not replying, I wanted to do it all-in or not at all. The last few weeks weren’t good to me, as work was overwhelming. Right now, if someone else wants to take over, I don’t have anything against it, but I don’t have time to organize anything, for at least this month.

Hey, no hurry. Hope the weeks to come wind up treating you better.

Yeah, no sweat.

I just thought it would be nice to start with a freebe.

As I mentioned in the other thread, Paizo has a 10th Anniversary sale on many things, among them are the Pathfinder Society Scenarios from Season 0 to Season 2. (Currently Season 3 is played, until GenCon, when Season 4 starts.)

As far as I know, all of the Season 1 and 2 Scenarios and even most of the Season 0 scenarios still give you prestige points when played.

I talked to AmLash yesterday, he is sorry but he doesnt has the time to do something… Anyone else ready to GM their ass off?

Well, as I mentionned on the other thread, I am a bit busy for gaming already, let alone GMing. But I am sure you’ll do a richtige job!

I’m sure of that, too. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to this!

As much as I’d love to get to play some more Pathfinder, I keep hearing bad things about the Society modules and regulations (adventures highly geared to rail-roading, sometimes odd and very specific solutions, more I can’t recall off the top of my head). Those might be exaggerated, but I prefer games that allow for more flexibility.

Of course, it might just be that the DMs/groups involved weren’t particularly good. I have no idea how restrictive things actually are when you have to play Pathfinder the ‘official way’. Did any of you guys have any personal experience with it?