Vienna fantasy gaming convention 2019

Roll call! Who’s in for Saturday?

There should be some fun games at the con, and maybe even a special guest star or two …

See you there!

will be there, will try to be there at 12:00 (shall we try to meet up a bit before that so maybe 11:30?)
will bring 1 or 2 AL Tier1 modules, will try to bring a dozen or so pregens

I would recommend meeting early. To exhibitors it opens at 10am and I think it makes sense that at least some of us are there that early on Saturday. The DMs can setup their tables, we can organize ourselves, discuss how we want to do this and split tasks and 2 hours pas really quickly when you organize something. Worst case, we will have 2 hours of chatting with each other, but I doubt that.

We can also talk about the convention today before the AL games. I’ll be at Cafe 1070 at 18:30.

I’ll be at the convention and prepare a module with 4 short D&D 5e adventures, a few pregens, dice sets and pens.

Not sure how much space(aka tables) we will have, so I will ask Harry and write it here so we get an idea about what we are working with.

My plan would be to have small groups playing on each of the tables and having paper signs that there are open spots to join the game(s). Some of us could act as guides; talking to interested outsiders, answering questions, introducing people to RPGs and our community or motivate people into taking a seat at our tables in case people are shy to join.

Asked Harry about space and tables:
there is one table reserved to present RPG VIENNA.

and in the main room are free tables for gamers!

So I guess it would be good if we could staff the reserved table with people who can talk about our community and decorate it so it looks nice and draws some attention? At the same time we have 1-2 games going on in the main room where we can send interested people to?

1 Like

That is my idea too!

Use our front table as our welcome table and then direct people to the back area for games.

I’ll be present and will arrive a bit earlier as you suggested, it is a good idea.
And I’ll bring dice and prep “The black road” which is a popular D&D5 adventure.

The Black Road is fun :slight_smile:
i’ll be there at 11:00 the latest, probably a bit sooner than that

i’ll bring Underworld Speculation and Trouble under Winton as well as a couple of pregens (12 and most of the casters even get a spellsheet with descriptions of the spells) and logsheets (~25 or so)

Perfect.

The most recent log sheet I could find were from 2018, is that still accurate?

I’m coming too, but will be there around 13:30

I printed 36 of the character sheets with our logo, including the URL for people who fumble on their Google-Fu. Plus I have another treasure chest, we can put on the table (it’s even filled with gems). I’ll hand these over to @Tersidian or @H tonight, as I’ll be late tomorrow.

Don’t forget to wear your rpgvienna t-shirt if you have one.

I’ll also bring Lady Blackbird as a quick ready-to run game. Even a scene or three should be fun (and Lady Blackbird goes all the way back to the roots of the Thursday open gaming night too).

1 Like

I hope I will manage to show up
if yes, i will be there at 12:00 latest

and I will bring my Roman-Themed D&D5 OneShot

I will make it today :slight_smile:

will bring a OneShot

cya :smiley:

1 Like

I’ll be there presenting the l5r card game from ffg for the card club, so see you guys there!

Hi Community,
It’s cool to read that RPG Vienna is participating. Was initially planning to offer a hand (run a 2ed adventure or smthg.) however I am still busy travelling and in-between relocating. Hoping to rejoin you all sometime in July or August on a more permanent basis.

Good luck! hope all goes well!

we spotted a legend amongst the attendees today, let’s hope @H selfie proof has worked :smiley:

con definitly was a great deal of fun, and lootgrabbing, and gaming, and networking … :slight_smile:

1 Like

So everyone needs to vote … how many minis did Simon buy at the Con? Winner gets a beer if you show up at Spielbar one of these nights I’m still in town.

For that price? Way to few, starting 50ct per mini was a steal.

the answer is all but 2 or 3 … (2 because i bought 2, 3 because he wasn’t the first one taking a look around)

Thanks @Simon for sacrificing those goblins to my fighter with his “mighty greataxe of rolling 2 on a d12 for damage”

And thanks for prolonging the con with a refreshing beverage afterwards :wink:

I wasn’t sure about attending, but now I know I will definitely attend next year, too. And to make the wait shorter I’ll gladly join you for a thursday or friday adventure sometime soon!

2 Likes

Hey good to see you! Yeah we all had a great time. Nice people and a nice atmosphere. :+1:

I was very surprised how positive the community there was. I did not expect such a great atmosphere.

1 Like