This exists! O_O

I have spent the last year that I’ve been in Wien trying to assemble a group of english speaking people interested in role playing and failing. Anywho most excited about finding this and would much love to find a group of gamers.
Well anyone with an open seat and looking for a new member give me a heads up and we can see if I’m a fit.

Hey there GodKingTom and welcome to the forum!

What kind of game are you looking for? The thursday group in spielbar is always a good place to start to meet the other forumites. We are meeting tomorrow again at 19:00.
Address:Lederergasse 26

Welcome.

And, yes, the Captain says it all…

Unfortunately I have work scheduled that has me working late, till 8 or 10pm I can’t remember. Will there be another meeting this week or next?
Also I’m not looking for a particular game but a group. I’m fairly open to any game and willing to try new games.

Welcome.
The group is meeting almost every thursday and the games change (pretty much) every week.

Scooped again!

Yes, we meet most Thursday and there generally one our two games to choose from…

Sounds awesome. I will be there next week and will try to reserve my Thursday arvo from now on.
Just a quick question, from what I have seen from other posts, the Thursday Group gather and play a game for a night? How does that work? Is it just a quick dungeon crawl that only lasts a session?

[quote=“GodKingTom”]Sounds awesome. I will be there next week and will try to reserve my Thursday arvo from now on.
Just a quick question, from what I have seen from other posts, the Thursday Group gather and play a game for a night? How does that work? Is it just a quick dungeon crawl that only lasts a session?[/quote]

We only had a couple of dungeon crawlers so far. The common denominator is ‘RPG’ I’d say. But the kind of RPG being played depends on the people running the game. Most games don’t last longer than one (maybe two) evening(s), though. So from time to time people can’t finish a story/game within one session and just continue the week after, while the others play another game (if someone’s runnin’ something of course)

This will be a new experience for me. I’ve experience a dungeon crawl that lasted a session but that’s all. I’m keen to see how people handle stories in such short time and learn some new tricks. Is any sort of preparation required?

Usually just pen, paper and some dice.