The V.A.L.U.E. of the Things We Do for Power

If there is a space for me today I would show up

Will try to show up, not sure though. If I do …would like to join Bufo Bufo´s table if there are any places left

ATTENTION: Tom here, the owner of Cafe Zehnsiebzig. I would kindly remind the crew (especially the new faces) of the house rule of two drinks of consumption per person.

We’ve had new faces coming and asking for just tap water: we like having you all, but this is not a sustainable business model for us. Friday is always filled for us, and we can’t keep turning away other customers if house rules aren’t being respected by our DnD guests.

@Darthbinks – I would kindly ask you to reiterate this to the crew :pray:

We will also need to discuss splitting V.A.L.U.E into two groups: a smaller contingent of the “old guard” (max 2-3 tables) on Friday night, and an open V.A.L.U.E night on Sunday nights. We’ve been hosting DnD since 2019, but V.A.L.U.E is now growing and we need to find a compromise.

Best,
Tom

2 Likes

will do :+1:

Sorry guys, something came up and I can’t make it today. Wish you lots of fun!

Coming to play. Dunno what or where.

2 Likes

Won’t be able to make it in the end, have fun tho!

@Janlocks @Martin @Stracci @CloudVII and Moondruid Moorney - thank you for an enjoyable and memorable birthday bash yesterday!

You each found 90 gp in the Sepruchal’s stolen birthday presents. Additionally, you ransacked all of the gifts in a birthday frenzy and found the following magic items - please remember you can only keep one of them.

Wand of smiles

Boots of false tracks

Immovable rod

Robe of useful items
I misread this one yesterday. You have two patches each of a dagger, a bullseye lantern (filled and lit), a steel mirror, a 10-foot pole, a hempen robe, and a sack. In addition, you rolled for nine additional magical patches. The patches are little fabric patches with a symbol of the item they represent stitched on them. So you know what each of them does and can rip it off using an action to use it, which consumes the patch. You have the following patches:

• Portable ram
  • 2 x Mastiff (2)
  • 10 gems worth 100 gp each (please be aware of the VALUE rules for max gp kept/tier for this one!)
  • One rowboat
  • A pit
  • A wooden ladder
  • A riding horse with saddlebags
  • Potion of healing (4)

In addition, you each found items special to you:
Moorney: A talking doll - you can choose to keep it instead of one of the items above.
Alton: One set of thieves’ tools, ball bearings, and a mystery key - you may also choose to keep the key instead of one of the magical items above.
Aurash: One healer’s kit, one bead of nourishment, and one healing potion.
Plonk: One jar of resorative ointment.

Since your characters are all in need of something to do with their downtime days between adventures, you may choose to spend them on one of the following tasks:

Oh cousin, my cousin
You fully embrace the - now benevolent - halfling wizard Sepruchal as your identical cousin. You spend your time introducing him to your life, and your family and confusing people with the fact that there are now two of you. Since you both seem like born party planners, maybe you’ll even start a business?

Is this the real life, or is this just a wish spell?
You partied hard during your birthday bash, and the maybe not-so-cleanly distilled halfling’s schnapps might have gotten the better of you. Did you achieve your life goals by blowing out your birthday candles? You spend a ten-day getting in touch with your ancestors and Bahamut to figure out if it all really happened.

Are these…stolen presents?
After your birthday present frenzy, you notice that the discarded wrapping paper actually has names on them. Did Sepruchal steal these presents from other birthday parties? You do your best to try to figure out who they belong to and return the gifts to their rightful owner.

4 Likes

Plonk is gonna do his best to return the presents. And maybe try to sell some of his merchandise figurines to the original owners. :v:

1 Like

Thank you for playing and evacuating Drellin’s Ferry

• From the Alpha Chimera’s hoard you gain 350gp
  • From the manticore riders you gain your choice of either a Ring of Spellstoring or an Alchemy Jug
  • You gain 10 downtime days

Sugarpaws gains @frogemiah
Blessing of the Morninglord
You have been blessed for your good deed and temperament by a servant of the Morninglord Lathander, the god of renewal, birth and creativity This might have consequences in the future…

Garas(sshhhh)h gains @PatrickD
Literal Minefield
You trapped Drellin’s Ferry with Glyph of Wardings and even made them stronger. This certainly has delayed the approach of the horde as they are more careful now, knowing that their enemy can hit them hard. Your study pays off. Perhaps with some more training you could reach a new level in it.

Orpheus gains @Arvee
My first Apprentice (Needs 300 GP)
You have “convinced” the young girl Ginny to be your apprentice. She is also part of the army now, but maybe you can train her in the arts of business instead of warfare. You gain the following downtime activity that you can do if you like it.
First Order of Business
You train your new apprentice Ginny to be a better businesswoman, I mean these pots aren’t going to sell themselves. But a thirteen year old girl needs some guidance here. Perhaps you can even build a friendship

Dryzt gains @Hamer
Dark Thoughts of the Nameless
You have planted the idea of the Nameless One, your master into the thoughts of the people of Drellins’ Ferry. This incurred the wrath of the local priest of Lathander, Brother Derny. They will remember your words and you might be approached by some interested ones…

• You gain the following downtime activities:

Outrider
You scout the way back towards Drellin’s Ferry to check on the army and how fast they are moving and maybe find out something about their vanguard. It might give you an idea about troop strength and maybe you’ll manage to interrupt something.

Darkest Seance (Need to be interested or in contact with the Nameless One)
You attempt to contact the Nameless One, beseeching him for more of his dark power. Perhaps this has a price, and perhaps this will have consequences…

Need for Speed
You attempt to motivate the horses and people to go at a faster tempo. This will buy you valuable time but you might also be vulnerable as you are exhausted from the long march

Magical Training Montage (Need to be a spellcaster and 500 gp)
You can contact either the wizard Sertieren the Wise, Brother Derny or the sorceress Mihani Arani to do some special training to gain more insight into warmagic, and some things that might help you fight better in the future.

Motivational Speaker (Needs 500 gp)
You improve your motivational speeches and warcries. Perhaps being louder and more eloquent on the battlefield has its advantages. Soranna Anitah and Delora Zahn will Drill you in how to have a better field presence.

1 Like

:wink:

:dragon: has to do this :scream:

2 Likes

Orpheus will take good care of Ginny and keep her away of :dragon: @Darthbinks uneconomic army plans! The business empire will rise!

This post has been sponsored by ORPHEUSÂŽ! The finest ceramics in all of the planes of existence!

3 Likes

I cannot chose but this one :smiling_imp:
…and the Ring of Spellstoring

2 Likes

Did somebody say “insight into warmagic”? How can a consultant for the arcane aspects of war resists?
Garas(hhhh) :snake: continues his discussions with his friend “Sertieren the Wise”, even if this bloke makes him quiet broke for a wizard. Hope his Magical Training Montage is worth it.

Maybe I should ask the king for raise :wink:

2 Likes

Oh! Fluffyfoot is certainly interested in “motivating” some of the slower horses… so he’ll be taking the “Need for Speed” downtime for sure.

If farmers can be sped up, horses shouldn’t pose any more of a challenge.

2 Likes

Sugarpaws would probably try and do “Outrider” to scout out the enemies and see how much time we’ve got and what he can do.

2 Likes

Slightly delayed, but here are last weeks haikus.

Haikus

Met a random knight
Wants to join us on our quest
Came out of thin air

Found an old woman
Not a demon or devil
Something like a Fey

Led into a cave
Offered hospitality
The cake is a lie

Eventful night watch
Big dragon flies overhead
Not burninated

Talking with a skull
Looking for information
Orc getting angry

Ship built by one side
Stolen time and time again
Can’t keep track of it

Two possible paths
Through the portals or river
Deeper into Hell

Very angry orc
Wants to stab the old lady
Anger management

Hags have wanted souls
Made big cakes and casseroles
New kind of soul food

Fighting with the hags
Fighters stabbing with their swords
Hit with silverware

Written in deep speech
Ilithids are now involved
My brain starts to hurt

Our absent huntress
Why have you forsaken us
Need my arrow fix

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.