The V.A.L.U.E. of the Journey

I will unfortunately not be able to make it tonight =(
I hope not too many minds will have been lost when I check in next week, would have loved to join.

I will also not be there. Have fun yā€™all and see ya soon.

Iā€™m not feeling too great so Iā€™ll unfortunately have to cancel for tonight :frowning:

same here - unpredicted circumstancesā€¦ :frowning:

Seems like something is going around, I have a blinding headache and am gonna stay home too q.q

See you guys nedt week (hopefully)

Comming a bit late for a t2

Ill be a bit late. I didnt know that neubaugasse is occupied and the bus doesnt go through. I have to walk. If there is a t1 table, iā€™d love a spot!

Finally arrived in vienna, will be there around 19:45

thanks to the players at my table who did backstab poor little Skwelch - who was nothing but honest with you, he just didnā€™t know better - and congratulations at driving away the poor teenage red dragon wyrmling before finally stealing its hoard, Iā€™m sure no repercussions will come to any of you because of this!

As requested here is the magic item you found:
JAVELIN OF LIGHTNING
Weapon (javelin), uncommon
This javelin is a magic weapon. When you hurl it and
speak its command word, it transforms into a bolt of
lightning, forming a line 5 feet wide that extends out
from you to a target within 120 feet. Each creature in
the line excluding you and the target must make a DC 13
Dexterity saving throw, taking 4d6 lightning damage on
a failed save, and half as much damage on a successful
one. The lightning bolt turns back into a javelin when
it reaches the target. Make a ranged weapon attack
against the target. On a hit, the target takes damage
from the javelin plus 4d6 lightning damage.

The javelinā€™s property canā€™t be used again until the
next dawn. In the meantime, the javelin can still be used
as a magic weapon.

Technically, our Tortle cleric was just giving the dragon the javelin it asked forā€¦

Druid, rather

Thank you for playing my game
You gain: 400 GP from the very thankful townspeople and a distraught Claus
The Magic item Cape of the Mountebank

Homebrew story awards:

Hotline to the Unseelie Court @potatoes
You have a new patron and entertained her well. She is willing to listen and answer your questions as long as you entertain her more. You can cast Commune once a week (a session) as a ritual and ask the Queen questions. But beware she might have a price for certain questions.

Rewriting the Tragic Ending @cat4laugh
The Queen of Air and Darkness has rewritten your fate. This certainly never has consequences, has it?

Note that these story awards only work on my table.

3 Likes

I regret nothing!

Squally had it coming ^^

1 Like

@jboimler @PlayerofDom @Fridi @Elenaaa

Thanks for the very entertaining rat-themed session.

For returning with Lurins instrument and shining some light on the rat-plague of Oaklin youā€™ve earned your well deserved reward of 2500 gp. But like I mentioned yesterday, Jockla did use quite a bit of that money to clear your current bar-tab as well as finance some more repairs in tavern, so after everything is done and payed for you all end up with 480 gp each.

In addition to that you found two different magic items. Each character can choose either:
The Greataxe (+2) which Zurga ripped from the Rat-Behemoths arms as it was being chewed on by a T-Rex Iptar.
or
Lurins instrument which turned out to be Pipes of the Sewers.

As there is going to be a part two to this adventure (probably in 2 weeks) Iā€™ll also offer the following homebrew downtime action:

Twinkle Twinkle little Rat. (cost 10 downtime days)
Youā€™ve spent some time getting used to playing the Pipes of the Sewers, and while you wouldnā€™t really call youself proficient with wind instruments yet, you have learned enough to play some very simple songs.
Would this training suffice to put on a performance? - Probably notā€¦ but it is enough to use the Pipes of the Sewers for their intended purpose. (while you are attuned to the pipes of the sewers you are considered to be proficient with wind instruments for the purpose of using the items abilities)

1 Like