The King Killer Chronicle

Has anybody read The Name of the Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss? If not, I stongly suggest you do…It may just become your new favorite book. Fantasy at its best IMO. The second book in the series- The Wise Man’s Fear is excellent as well. I am not so patiently awaiting him to finish writing the third and final book. I may die from the waiting…

I’m in all the same boat. Both books are little tomes, but written very good, you wouldn’t want to miss a single letter.

In the meantime, while waiting for the third book (there’s still no ETA, is there?) I keep myself busy with Karen Millers ‘Innocent Mage’ 2+2 parter.

I read the book, and was impressed with the quality of the writing, but I have to say that the protagonist really got on my nerves. Couldn’t really get excited about a better-than-Mensa genius who always seems to come out ahead despite overwhelming odds. Maybe the second book is better, but it would take a lot of convincing for me to invest in it…

HEY! Good to see you again!

Well, if thats the case then I would say give the second book a shot. The story just completely changes direction and he winds up facing some interesting challenges- I wont say more. At the end of the story I was aching for the third book. It leaves you hanging with that “How will it end?” feeling.

Innocent Mage- I will have to look into it. Thanks for the tip! I am always looking out for good books to read. Currently I am reading World War Z, and Libriomancer, also rereading the Monstrumologist- which if you like horror is def a must read!

Hope all is well, Siobhan.

Regarding some other books to consider, I’m currently reading Steven Erikson’s Gardens of the Moon. Well written, and an interestingly delivered story.

Jason

Hope all is well, Siobhan.

Regarding some other books to consider, I’m currently reading Steven Erikson’s Gardens of the Moon. Well written, and an interestingly delivered story.

Jason[/quote]
Cool I am gonna hop on goodreads and check it out, Thanks!

Hey! Necrobump!

I read those two books a while back. I agree that the writing is really nice and the plotting is good. But so far, it’s not what I expected. Everything that happens is … Understated. Has little oompf to it. Which I actually find myself liking quite a bit.

I just started reading them again. So grand!