Table Matching Survey Design

From conversations at Night of the Rolling Dice I thought it would be a good idea to survey the meetup group (and here) to ask what games people want to play to then try and match up tables.

Partially inspired by recent group matching posts here - but lets try to scale it up. Some questions are straightforward like preferred frequency (weekly, monthly, etc), preferred session length, online/in-person/both.

What I would like to get thoughts on was what else is helpful? My first thoughts were preferred genres and systems (folk would tick all that apply)

Initial list for preferred genres

• Heroic / Epic fantasy
  • Dark fantasy / Sword and sorcery
  • Fairy tale
  • Hard / Historical fantasy
  • Horror / occult fantasy
  • Post-apocalyptic fantasy
  • Science / techno / steampunk fantasy
  • Dark fantasy/Sword and sorcery
  • High/Epic fantasy
  • Psychological Horror
  • Wild West
  • Cyberpunk
  • Zombie Horror
  • Hard Sci-fi (Expanse)
  • Space Operat (star wars)
  • Grimdark future (40k)
  • Superhero
  • Wartime

Initial list for preferred systems

• D&D 5e
  • Call of Cthulu
  • Pathfinder
  • Old School D&D
  • Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
  • Warhammer 40K
  • World of Darkness (Vampire, Werewolf)
  • Star Wars
  • Shadowrun
  • Mutants and Masterminds
  • GURPS 4th Edition
  • Dungeon World
  • Savage Worlds
  • Fate RPG
  • Exalted
  • GURPS

Happy to hear peoples thoughts on what else might be helpful to know to be able to batch up some tables.

4 Likes

Table matching survey is live - feel free to share your preferences and let us see what else people would like to be playing.

2 Likes

Looking forward to the discussions on the difference between heroic epic fantasy and high epic fantasy! :b

(And best of luck with the survey. Nice one.)

2 Likes

needs more Star Trek :vulcan_salute:

anyway … best of luck :+1: from me too

plan to run (or re-run) some indie oneshots in the next year :tada:

1 Like

We are up to two dozen respondents and some interesting results - I am going to give it to the end of the month and then show where we are at that point.

Sneak preview - looks like there are at least some people happy to play at all times of the week/weekend daytime and evening…

Edit - adding the link for anyone yet to get heard!

2 Likes