T.I.M.E. Stories => Board game turned into Call of Cthulhu one(ish)-shot mystery game

What it is: T.I.M.E. Stories is a mystery/RPG board game with a touch of “choose your adventure”-type books and a heavily influenced by of Call of Cthulhu RPG. The board game is highly recommended, but (due to the board game nature), the possibility of choices are limited there. But the setting and the ideas are so great, I decided to adapt it as a Call of Cthulhu RPG and include solutions from other games from @irx and @ThatGuyTed.
Setting: Basically you are time-travelling policemen, who have to travel back in time and “possess” the body of NPCs to figure out certain paradoxes.
In this case you will be playing as inmates of a mental asylum in France, around 1910.
When: 14.1.2022 (next Friday), from 19:00
How long will it take? 2-3 hours
Where: Discord
Any preparation needed? No, I’ll provide all materials
Is it ok if I have played the board game? I just used the board game as a basis, but changed many things, so it shouldn’t be an issue.

Anyone interested?

Sounds fun. Count me in.

:tada: '22 the year of the tentacle

count me in :slight_smile:

I have no plan to what I agree here but you got me at Time traveling. So I’m planing to join, too.

Is it going to spoil the board game if I haven’t played yet but intend to?

Great question, minor spoilers could happen. But you can never be sure, which part of the
game I have took “as-is” and which ones are made up by me!

Still, as many expansions with standalone stories exist for the board game, you can give it a try to this one - and explore any (or all) of the expansions for the vanilla-experience.

OK, thanks. If any spoilers will be minor, then I’m in. Looking forward to it!

So, tomorrow is again game-night!

We shall play on Discord (the same Discord server which Ingo used) at 19:00.

Until then, prepare for the journey, cadets - you will have no time to waste!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.