Spielbar: Thursday 31/07/14. Open Gaming Night. 7pm

Although we were total beginners, we really had a lot of fun last night! The game itself was a bit different than I expected, but the storyline was interesting and totally fun to play! Thanks again for helping us newbies, it was a great evening :smiley:

Thanks for the fun session! S.T.A.C.K.U.P seems to be doing a good job.

Glad to hear it - that’s the most important thing after all!

Well, yes, I’ll admit it was probably rather unconventional for an introductory game (you might have expected somewhat more of a dungeon crawl or classical heroic fantasy-esque quest or something, right?)

Plus, I let the game get derailed a bit, deviating from my original plans somewhat - but it was all the fault of you players, for being so awesome at playing those kids :wink:
Originally, I expected the hide-and-seek game to become boring after about an hour of playtime or so, and would have proceeded to kill (some of) you much sooner. Then I would have had you making characters that were your own parents and play those, going out into the woods to find out what happened to their kids.
That way, you could have gotten more investigation elements and more truthfinding yourselves… and perhaps discovered and defeated the source of the evil that devoured (some of) your kids… but I would have still ended with the vampire epilogue/exposition :wink:

But hey, I saw everyone having so much fun, and you did really well in making your own problems for yourselves (Tom playing this hilarious antagonist kid certainly helped in that!), so I thought “never stop a good thing short while it’s going well”, and just rolled with it :sunglasses:

Fun fact: I’ve run this mini-scenario three times now, and it turned out rather different every time. Same setup, but there seems to be something about “playing kiddies” that tends to make the game get a life of its own every time :smiley:

No, thank YOU for being such awesome players! And of course, you’re welcome to come back any time - there’s a lot more to discover about this hobby (such as playing actual adult characters, perhaps even on an actual adventure :wink: )

It’s actually called STACKUP?! :mrgreen: Oh please tell me what that is the abbreviation of!

[quote=“Auburney”]
It’s actually called STACKUP?! :mrgreen: Oh please tell me what that is the abbreviation of![/quote]

It’s Strength, Talking, Agility, Constitution, Know how, Understanding and Panic :slight_smile:

You guys sure have been busy in my absence! Glad you all having fun.
I’ll be back in a couple of weeks to torment you once more!
Game on!

Gj, it’s been too long! See you soon!