Spielbar: Thursday 3/19/15. Open Gaming Night. 19h30

Who wants to play? Who wants to DM?

I might have a few ideas, I still need to work on them,I though…

Hey guys,

Vanessa and I will be there again. For those that are interested, either Vanessa or I will be able to run a D&D 5E one-shot on the night. We would be able to accommodate up to five players and we will provide the character sheets.

In terms of rules, 5E is very simplified and anyone looking to play doesn’t need to read the Player’s Handbook. Since there was some interest in obtaining the rule set however, I will post a link here to the free pdf provided by the Wizards of the Coast:

dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules

Scroll down and you will find links to both the player and DM rules.

Again I repeat, we aren’t expecting people who want to play the one-shot to read the rules, I am merely posting this due to the interest shown during the previous Thursday session.

Looking forward to seeing you guys next week.

I’d love to play!

Unfortunately I don’t know if I will be there. I have a late shift on Thursday. I will see if I can swap with someone otherwise I will have to give this session a miss. Will post later.

Same here.

I can confirm I will be there.

[quote=“Sam”]Hey guys,

Vanessa and I will be there again. For those that are interested, either Vanessa or I will be able to run a D&D 5E one-shot on the night. We would be able to accommodate up to five players and we will provide the character sheets.

In terms of rules, 5E is very simplified and anyone looking to play doesn’t need to read the Player’s Handbook. Since there was some interest in obtaining the rule set however, I will post a link here to the free pdf provided by the Wizards of the Coast:

dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules

Scroll down and you will find links to both the player and DM rules.

Again I repeat, we aren’t expecting people who want to play the one-shot to read the rules, I am merely posting this due to the interest shown during the previous Thursday session.

Looking forward to seeing you guys next week.[/quote]

Ooooooooh yeah! Oh oh oh yeah! :smiley:

I’ll be going to see Jonathan Stroud next Thursday (one of these days, I’ll steal his take on magic for an rpg), so probably won’t make it. We’ll see; show starts at 7, so I may still be able to join you if it breaks early, but more likely I’ll see all of you the following week (and run the postponed Traveller episode). Have fun!

Anybody else going to see Stroud?

By the way, Hilde would like to come next Thursday and join in the 5th Ed game…

I will be there
(this time 100%)

D&D 5 sounds awesome, if there is still space !!

If we need a nother dm I could unbury my D&D 5 Oneshot again^^
(but a lot of people already played that)

Excellent - I’ve never played 5e, so would love to join either session! Might be bringing my colleague along again.

Seems like there is definitely a good bit of interest in D&D 5E.
While Vanessa and I could both run separate one-shots, we would also be happy to partake in Darthbinks’ campaign.
So I was just wondering how many of the people attending on Thursday have already played Darthbinks’ one-shot, if its more than half, then I guess Vanessa and I will run separate sessions, if not, we would prefer to prepare one session and have Darthbinks lead the other.

Just hoping to get a feel for the lay of the land (and how many character sheets we need to prepare).

Hoping to see you all on Thursday

Well, for the character sheet, I am pretty sure that you can get the ones from the starter set online…

Already have 7 sheets ready to go, most of the classes have been provided.

I just need to know whether I can leave it at 7 or if I need to bring 10 for two separate games.

I’ll be there!

Well, if you have seven char. sheets already, you shall be all set. You just have to print them twice (or make copies of them)

I’d also like to announce that I have my next mystery game nearly ready. I’d like to say next week but I won’t be able to attend so the week after that for sure.

Hey guys, I will be there this Thursday and happy to play D&D again =)

Well, since so many people want to play 5e, I’ll skip this week, so the party doesn’t get too big.
Should be doin’ some work anyway.

Sry, won’t make it.