Spielbar: Thursday 09/10/14. Open Gaming Night. 7pm

For those few who might show up on Thursday, in spite of not being part of the Tourney action, I might offer a little one-shot I’ve prepared.
It’s another of my Viking World scenarios, so be prepared for big axes, strong mead and horny helmets :sunglasses:

Any takers?

I’d love to continu the not-Gimli and certainlynot-Legolas bromance, but I’m still sick at home. Have fune everybody and see you next week.

poor you :frowning:

get better and take care

Is that something to do with Dungeon World? I’ve been itching to play/run tha.

I think I’ll be there

indirectly, sort of, yes :smiley:

It’s (just like Dungeon World) a “hack” of Apocalypse World. So you could say they are “sibling games” (with AW being the mother game).

Viking World sticks much closer to AW than DW does, however. it uses the same stats and many of the same basic moves, for example.
DW replaced the AW stats (Cool, Hard, Hot, Sharp and Weird) with classical D&D stats (Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, etc.), and also adopted character classes mapped on those from D&D.
Viking World (like AW) has character classes also, but they are not the classical D&D ones. So you get to play the Explorer, the Raidleader, the Craftyhead or the Godskin instead of the Fighter, Thief, Wizard, Ranger, Cleric etc.

But I like all of those systems. In fact, I’ve run DW before on these Thursday meetings occassionally. So if you’re interested, there may be some Dungeon Crawl or other upcoming one of these weeks… :wink:

I’m coming however H has asked for other players to join the Tourney so if I’m not conscripted I will be there to play Hans again:D

indirectly, sort of, yes :smiley:

It’s (just like Dungeon World) a “hack” of Apocalypse World. So you could say they are “sibling games” (with AW being the mother game).

Viking World sticks much closer to AW than DW does, however. it uses the same stats and many of the same basic moves, for example.
DW replaced the AW stats (Cool, Hard, Hot, Sharp and Weird) with classical D&D stats (Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, etc.), and also adopted character classes mapped on those from D&D.
Viking World (like AW) has character classes also, but they are not the classical D&D ones. So you get to play the Explorer, the Raidleader, the Craftyhead or the Godskin instead of the Fighter, Thief, Wizard, Ranger, Cleric etc.

But I like all of those systems. In fact, I’ve run DW before on these Thursday meetings occassionally. So if you’re interested, there may be some Dungeon Crawl or other upcoming one of these weeks… :wink:[/quote]

Ah ok cool, that does sound pretty good. I can’t really do Thursdays though, so it was more of an academic query though. :slight_smile:

That’s a shame then. If ever that changes, be sure to let us know - we’ll be glad to spread the *World goodness and run something or other for you :wink:

Hans Solson, captain of the Falkr? I’m looking forward to that :smiley: Those not-Gimli and not-Legolas guys could sure need a ride, from what we last saw of them :wink:

…all that said, change of plans for today, sadly: something came up and I won’t make it today unfortunately! We’ll have to catch up on the Nordic goodness some other week, sorry! :frowning:

Nothing too horrible, hopefully? In any case, it should work out so that everyone showing up tonight can play in the tournament, so we won’t be short a game.

Here’s to less stress and better health for those who had to cancel tonight, and see all of you next week!

No, just one of the usual spontaneous conspiracies of family stuff and work deadlines :slight_smile: but thanks for asking :slight_smile:

Have fun at the tourney, everyone!