Revieval of the Thursday-game

Do you remember the good old times? When people just popped up on Thursdays to play one-shot rpgs? When you (player - but sometimes it was true to GMs as well) just joined the game without any previous knowledge and still had a great time at the end of the day? When you met with random people who later became your best friends (or fiends for occultists)?

What do you say, if we revive this great tradition this Thursday and have a great time at the Spielbar?

P.s.: does anybody want to run anything?

3 Likes

I was just going to say …

A couple people have expressed similar sentiments lately, and I completely agree. Thursdays were special; let’s bring them back.

(I’d probably meet up in Vienna rather than Berlin, but your call.)

If desired, I can run something (which may or may not be Call of Cthulhu for old times’ sake), but will happily cede the DM’s seat to somebody else.

Who’s in?

#reclaimingthursday

1 Like

Count me in.

I could if pressured run something (would rather not thou).

My Thursday needs me! I’m in

Yes!! I’m in too.

#reclaimingthursday

I might come, but ill certainly be a tad late.

And in the spirit of the classical Thursday games, I’ll offer to run a non-DnD indie game called “Night Witches” by Jason Morningstar.

Night Witches is a tabletop role-playing game about women at war. As a member of the 588th Night Bomber Regiment, you’ll answer the call of your Motherland in her darkest hour. Can you do your duty and strike blow after blow against the Fascists? Can you overcome discrimination and outright sabotage and rise above your sexist comrades? Are there limits to patriotism—or endurance? Play Night Witches and find out!

It’s for 3-5 players and I’d rather keep it at a maximum of five player (INCLUDING me as we take turns as DMs in the game). So first come first serve… (except H who gave me this little gem and will have a fixed spot if he wants to)

Edit: Just keeping track of who signed up: H, Tom, Scott and Marleen.

1 Like

which may or may not be Call of Cthulhu for old times’ sake

In the old times, your games were never advertised as a Cthulhu games - but always turned into one.
Now you want to start one and finish as…?

I’d probably meet up in Vienna rather than Berlin, but your call.

Actually, I just used my divination spells and assumed that @Alrik will run a WWII-themed game on Thursday. Obviously it has nothing to do with a wrong click in the drop-down menu.

Invitation accepted with gratitude.

Great. So much for that twist …

In that case, let’s take a Manhattan at the bar first.

Sounds cool, i’d like to join

I will try to attend and will try to run a Facerip game.

That looks interesting.

I’ll be there, may bring a co-worker!

Facerip or faserip?

Facerip sounds like fun. Is that a werewolf game?

Sounds amazing
Hope i don’t have to stay longer on duty

I should be there too

Count me in as well :slight_smile:

I will try to attend and will try to run a Facerip game.

Facerip or faserip?

Well, we might need it, as tomorrow night might be very popular
(but that was the intention behind it, it will be nice to see so many friendly faces around)

I’ll be very late, probably just drop by for a chat.