Pendragon

So, I rambled about Pendragon to quite a few of you already.

I have now bought the book. I don’t know when I’ll get it (they say 2 to 5 days to print and about 10 days to deliver; I’m doubtful), but I also bought the Pdf at the same time and have started reading it.
It’s really quite simple and I have played the previous edition, so I should be able to master it in no time, if anybody is interested in giving it a try, although, it might be better to wait until I receive the hard copy… I don’t know…

I don’t know that game (so I can’t say if the pdf will suffice) but what I’ve read sounds very interesting. If you’d master, I’d be game.

Simon, Me (and ally) are still up for playing this sometime. I borrowed the PDF to see how it runs etc. looks really cool. :slight_smile:

Yeah, it is one of my favourite of all time… It’s so… atmospheric…

How many people do we need to play? 5-6?

For a one shot? 4 to 6, I’d guess.

Pendragon? I’m in. :slight_smile:

So: Simon, Neil, Ally, -H- and me…looks like we have a group. I mean if you still wanna play of course.

Yep, right now the rulebook is still somewhere in delivery limbo and I have another game to get off the ground… So, I don’t know when that’ll be.

I am moving to a new apartment in early September, that’s not so far any more… So, I might wait a bit and host it there…
I am still not sure about what scenario to play, though… I have some ideas, but I also want to capture the romantic heroics of the genre… It ain’t easy…

So; I have been in contact with DriveThuRPG for the last few days…

I was getting concerned with the book still not showing up after about 40 days… Yesterday I learned that it had been printed and shipped from the UK rather than the US so the delay of 40 days absolutely is abnormal…

Unfortunately, it is their policy not to replace items lost in shipping, so I suspect I am out of luck on this one…
I don’t know if the Austrian postal service reimburse such losses, most likely, I’ll suspect they will tell me to take it to the Royal Mail, which is hardly convenient and is just as likely to send me back to the Austrian post…

So, I figure, I am most likely out of my money at this point.
I did buy the Pdf book combo, so it’s not a total wash, but that comes out as a pretty expansive Pdf…

Now, I am actually tempted to go back and buy the book again but on the other hand, I don’t want to reward their screwy politics by doubling their profit on this item…

Anyway; we can still play out of the Pdf; of course, but it’s hardly as convenient.
On the plus side, I did write my own scenario that, I think, gives a broader view of what Pendragon is about (the feel of it change a fair bit through the course of the campaign as the kingdom goes through many important changes. Standford wanted to cram in as much of the Arthurian mythos as he could and, because the mythos was created over hundreds of years and that each other projected the society he was living in into his writing, the kingdom essentially goes through several hundred years of British and European history during the campaign…). So the introductory scenario was a nice tutorial of the game system, and a good overview of the feel of the early stories, but felt quite different from the later scenario that I played and enjoyed so much… Plus, I added a few of my own twist… Hopefully the end result will be enjoyable…

Ouch. That stinks.

But who knows, maybe it’ll still show up. Sometimes these things pop up long after you’ve written them off.

Well; I got tired of waiting and re-ordered a copy (from now on I’ll avoid Drivethrurpg.com but they are the only one carrying the book).

Anyway, I got my hardcopy today!