Night of the Rolling Dice - Q&A and more

Hey! I’m Arthilas, and I will DM a table as well. Please @Arthilas for a spot!

I am a DM for more serious games, particularly fond of challenging dungeon crawls and horror adventures in general.

I’ll be DMing Don’t Say Vecna (Tier 4, level 20).

Where: Candlekeep, the Castle of Tomes. The greatest library at the sword coast, home to many scholars and researchers, home to many tomes, some more eldritch or vile than others.
When: At a time of dread, a time you certainly don’t want to be alive in… The dead are restless, the living are dying, the forests are withering - Necromancy is in the air. Something bad will happen - unless you as a group of radiant heroes can prevent it.
What: An entire tower of Candlekeep disappeared over night. All that is left behind is its foundation… and a bone from a left hand.
Who: T4 characters, experienced players
Why: Because… I enjoy high-level gameplay. The more powerful the heroes are, the badder my monsters can be.

If there are not enough players to fill a Tier 4 table, I will run the Death House instead (Tier 1 or Tier 2).

Where: Barovia, the domain of dread ruled by none other than tyrant Count Stahd von Zarovich
When: When the mists get you. That can happen at any time.
What: Two little children beg you for help. They are scared by the monster that is, as they say, in the basement of their family’s mansion…
Who: T1 or T2 characters, experienced players
Why: Because… I like dungeon crawls and horror-themed adventures. And this is a true classic among 5e adventures.

3 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m takanari, I’ll be DMing an adventure based on some quests in world of warcraft

Where: lakeshire, in the eastern kingdoms of azeroth.
When: next Saturday dudum tssss
What: Orks! Those goddamn Orks!
Who: T1 or T2 characters, new players
Why: because stormwind doesn’t send enough guards.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply, most of the tables are planned to be for complete beginners. The event is primarly an outreach and introduction event for RPG Vienna and our V.A.L.U.E. meetings.

2 Likes

Hi guys,
I would be really looking forward to enjoy and participate in a game on the Night of the Rolling Dice (also huge WOW fan over here), but it seems like that there are no spots left for this event on the meetup.com page. However, I still wanted to ask, if there is by any chance the possibility, to join a game or even “just” the workshop on Saturday evening?
Alle the best!
Gandohar

Hey guys! I’m ThatGuyTed or just Ted for short and I will run a quaint little investiagion adventure. Items keep disappearing from houses all over Neverwinter without a trace.

Where: Neverwinter
When: during fall
What: Crime-solving, rat-themed, investigation, adventure
Who: local nobles, excentric storekeepers, night watchmen hopped up on coffee and of course you the new players with your T1 characters
Why: Because the guards don’t know what’s happening.

1 Like

Hi, the place is indeed full at the moment. If anyone cancels, those on waiting list will get an option to RSVP (based on registration order). As we have quite a lot of people on waiting list it does not seem likely that there would be anything open before Saturday.

However, you are definitely welcome to:

1. Drop by on saturday anyway (early enough) to meet the crew. If registered people wont show up by 17:45 we will be giving their spaces to other guests on first-came-first-served basis.
  2. Simply join one of our open D&D tables. Most run weekly (Friday and Saturday). Look for V.A.L.U.E. in the title (such as open games this Friday at WOWkeepers). Just post in the thread that you will come so organizers know how many players to prep for.

Hope that was helpful

3 Likes

Hello fine folks! My name is Elias and I will be running an adapted adventure from the “Forge of Fury”.

I believe in a “To break the rules, you need to know the rules first” approach. That doesn’t mean that players need to know any rules, but that I will guide through the game and rules in a very beginner friendly way.
I love down-to-earth adventures and a feeling of “reality” or versimilitude :smiley: Players and NPC’s should feel real, and best case, players should feel the impact of their actions for what they are. I’m not a huge fan of joke characters or things that wildly clash with the world setting.

The adventure brings lvl 3 characters into the reality of bounty hunting for competent, but not heroic adcenturers. I’ll encourage a team athmosphere, where the characters already know each other and work together.

Where: north of Blasingdell, a town in the far north close to the “Spine of the World”.
When: Early Winter, just before the mountain passes become impossible to traverse
What: Bounty hunting and possible rescue mission against the ever looming threat of Orcs!
Who: T1 characters, new players. Starting at lvl 3 (with an extra feat!)
Why: I wrote a synopsis you can look at, which gives a little context for the region and the quest you are on!

1 Like

Hi! I was just confirmed for a spot, which I honestly wasn’t even expecting anymore, so I’m a little caught off guard. I just have one question: do I choose tomorrow which table to play at or do I need to let someone know about this today? And I have some experience with 5e, should I just being a collection of characters with one for each tier?

Hi, answering your questions

Some DMs already posted teaser of their game above in the thread. If you would like to join specific game just post here or write DM directly. Alterntively we will assign you to a table on the check-in.

I would suggest having a Tier1 charachter as most of the tables will be Tier1. However if you have higher lvl charachters, definitely feel free to bring them along. If we have enough players on higher Tier we will try to arrange a game for them.

Hope that answers your questions. Looking forward seeing you today!

I volunteered to be admin, so (unless someone locks themselves out of their place again, like last night) I will plan to be there at 4.

I’ll compile a list of board names/real names/adventure details and hang out by the entrance to the room so I can welcome and guide people to where they need to go. If people have no preference or reservation I will suggest seating them based on balanced table numbers but will defer to the player and DM.

1 Like

Hey, I was wondering if you still have 2 seats available for your game? If you do, we would love to join.

Hello:) probably late to the party but if there’s a seat available last minute, i would love to join in😊 I have T1&2 character already.

I would be interested in that if there is still a spot left!

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

@SilentButDeadly so how was the turn out yesterday? Was it a success?

Huge success. Around 40 players, 4 per table. Happy faces all around. Many newcomers for our regular V.A.L.U.E. games.

2 Likes

Second that, now need to keep the momentum going :slight_smile:

3 Likes

FYI, forgot to post yesterday. Someone forgot charger in the Sägewerk.

Its now in lost&found at Sägwerk

Uploaded my photos of the event to the google album (thanks @alli.b for suggestion). Sorry for shitty quality. Best I could do with my phone :slight_smile: Lesson learned - get a camera person for the next event.