New dm looking for players offline

hi all, my name is jamie. I moved here a while back but have been preoccupied with the PhD and covid, so have only just got around to looking for a group to play with. I am looking for 3 or 4 players in their early 20s (in part just because I don’t really know anyone here and am also kinda just trying to make friends) to join an English speaking home-brew campaign I’m running Saturday evenings. I don’t mind if you dont have much or any experience, enthusiasm is more than enough. I’m quite new to dming, only been doing it a few months, but have been playing for the last 3 or so years. I can give details on the campaign if anyone is even remotely interested.

5 Likes

Hi Jamie,

that sounds interesting! Do you wanna share some information on the campaign, what ideas or wishes you have via thread/message? :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s up!

I’d be down to hear about this homebrew campaign, though I will be 25 soon lol.

close to no experience, but i’d be interested, dm me, 19y/o

Hey!

I’d be interested in hearing about it!

Question about the timeframe, would it be weekly or bi-weekly or? :slight_smile:

Probably weekly, but if that doesnt work for people (myself included… PhDs be rough), then every other week instead would also work

Hey Jamie!

I would love to join this home-brew campaign. I don’t have a lot of DnD Experience myself since I’ve only played a few one shots here and there but I’d be happy to join your home-brew campaign.

You said you’re looking for early 20s people and I’m 25, so hopefully that’s not a problem. If you still got an open space, feel free to DM me :slight_smile:

ahaha I shouldn’t have specified age, im mildly desperate for friends! beggars cant be choosers :wink:

1 Like

Hello there, it might just be a coincidence, but I just wrote a message on reddit vienna also asking for a group xD. If not then please excuse this.

I’m 22 years old and a university student, so I should have ample times inbetween exams. This would be my first DnD campaign, and although i have watched quite a lot of Critical Role i absolutely know their style is not for everybody and that i have to do a lot more reading on the rules. I’m quite confident in my spoken english, through i hope you will excuse the heavy austrian accent and the grammatical errors in written form.

Hey Jamie, I’d also be interested in joining your campaign! My names Louis, I’m 23 years old and I study architecture at the TU Vienna.
I’d love to hear back from you!
Best regards

helo Jamie,
I’m 21 years old and there in austria from a month for erasmus, I played only another time D&D but I’m really excited to repeat the thing because I had a lot of fun and also because as you I know few people there and found someone with common interest could be great. I am now back in Italy and will be back there again on the 25th

for those who cannot make it in @Jamie 's growing group …

We run weekly open D&D games at VALUE (our version of Adventure’s League) on Fridays at Café 1070.
Most of the time the games are oneshots,
although there have been / are / will be also short campaigns there as well from time to time.
(read as: loosely connected adventures with a meta-plot and story awards that will effect future events)

These games have proven to be a great recruiting ground for finding ongoing players/dms for ongoing campaigns.

anyway
have fun & happy gaming
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Jamie, just came back from my holiday over Easter break and wanted to check on this post if you managed to find players already or if it’s still open. Idk if this forum has a private messaging system, I didn’t see one :joy:

I generally just throw open the window and yell real loud, but some people like to click on usernames and hit the message button.

Either one works.

2 Likes

Hi!! That sounds interesting!! Where exactly is this Cafe? I would love to join! I am a complete DnD noob, but I am willing yo learn haha.

https://www.cafe1070.com/

Thanks haha, I though that was part of the address and not the name haha

1 Like