Megagames... This stuff is mindblowingly amazing!

This is apparently a thing. A thing that exists for real!

Amazing, no?

(And, once again, the guys at Shut up and Sit down bring up the awesome)…

I watched it last night. To me it looks really more like a roleplaying and model-UN kind of hybrid than a boardgame.

Any idea on how to run such a thing? Actually sounds like a thing we could pull off on a rainy fall weekend, right?

I was thinking the same thing right from the beginning, but it looks like it took them a while to figure out…
If you recall; I actually had an idea of a campaign that would be about the players leading a small tribe and building it into a kingdom, fairly similar blend of strategy, management and role-playing…

As for the ruleset, looking at the video, it seems reasonably simple, we should be able to make something up…

It is mostly a matter a scale, I think.
We probably would need a small team of moderators to plan the story and write up the rules over a few months. I would say three to five people if we were to run a smaller scale game with people from the forums and a few guests…

On their homepage they have some content for download.

Let’s chat about this next time… :wink: I sure think there’s some potential in this if we can gather enough people!

Incidentally, did anybody else notice the demographics? Aside from the reporter, it’s all dudes!

Based on the local groups I’m familiar with, I have a hard time believing that would happen here …